Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I fell victim to the ghetto lottery, well not me but the company I work for. A former employee that was terminated over 7 months ago claims he was fired for being black. Has nothing to do with the multiple fights and the poor quality of work performed for why he was terminated. I got along fine with this guy but at the same time he was a pain in the butt for almost everyone he worked with. I thought we were ok though, we would talk about random stuff, I would bring him venison sticks and other things. I come into work last Friday and in my mailbox is 12 pages of paper on all the racist things that were allegedly said and how he was sexually harassed. I’ve been here over 25yrs and have never been involved in anything like this. HR knows how I am, luckily they have my back and the company is lawyerd up. I can’t believe whomever typed up his complaints were able to do it with a straight face with some of the things he said. HR said this will probably drag out for a couple years and I should worry but how disappointing.

mikey custom-g likes this.
  2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So on phone with vets office getting things set for Scouts arrival. He had to go to Cornells ER yesterday. Was having bladder issues and needed crystal check. I had to make sure my vet is versed in this and can give the perscription needed for his food..
    Made appointment for AJ's heart worm check. This is the year he is suppose to be worm free. As we talk I reach down his side and pull what I thought was mud. I pull up bloody fingers with a tick pinched between them!!
    I see this is going to be a miserable year. Everything on me now itches!
    Vets on line saying Don't worry , don't worry he's been treated.
    What am I thinking? Now I'll have 2 bringing them in the house...3 with me:sad:

3. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As we age we get a little easier influenced? Doing the typical old routine of Covid forced retirement. Dunkin coffee run, drive to the RC Port next to the archery range to watch the planes fly waiting on “ Mother Nature” to kick it in gear, if you know what I mean by being caffeinated for regularity .

While on YouTube see a Trump something rally taking place or beginning.

The got a dude who says he’s 55 I think ? Talking about illegal aliens. Said it was a FELONY to illegally cross ? So we have 6 million unconvicted felons amongst us. Made me feel a bit aggravated.

As the dude is talking I notice he’s got a bad arse Trump ball cap on. Thought it was dark navy blue , Trump Save America 2024. Some nice flag work on it.

I got some grief about dragging a Trump flag behind my truck so I figured, I haven’t bought anything to support the Trump 2024 run. I have plenty Trump hats in camo I wear hunting, 1 red one, about 2-3 camo ones but nothing 2024. So I splurged on one. It’s black it says not blue. I want the blue but ? Oh well. I’ll be wearing a Trump 2024 black cap with some slick work on it and Trump signature in gold. $13 delivered. So I bought it.

Let the haters hate. I am voting Trump 100% if I’m alive this November and my town election for mayor and city commissioner is this Tuesday I’m finding the true Libertarian Conservative Tea Party aligned people and voting them in Tuesday.

Best way to speak is to vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mikey custom-g

Dislikes Received:
    St Patty Day Sunday. WPB Fairgrounds has a Gun Show. Trying to find 10mm better ammo there less than $40 a box.

What are the chances ? Slim to none still ?

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Your odds are probably good finding 10mm...maybe not decent stuff under 40 though.

Ammoseek.com is a quick way to find some...

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So you staple flags to a 2x4 and drive around your pickup Mikey?

7. mikey custom-g

Dislikes Received:
    LoL

I own only SUV’s now

8. mikey custom-g

Dislikes Received:
    Gotcha covered Sota.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought I did well today.

For just some range ammo for this Glock that I can’t hit the side of a barn with I got 2 boxes of 50 Magtech 180 grain $22 per box Made in Brazil. Great for range shooting and tuning myself up.

2 boxes of 50 Sellier & Bellot JHP 180 grain owned and shot before. They do kill but I have had jacket separation and mushroom loss upon expansion but great expansion with penetration and wound channel destruction. Inconsistent I’d say bullet fragmentation but nonetheless great results. $26 per box Made in Czech Republic.

Hornady Critical Duty 20 rounds 175 grain FTX (Flex Lock) great pig rounds. Hornady I like as store bought ammo. $33 Made in USA

Winchester Defender Black box 180 grain Bonded JHP. Made in USA 20 rounds. $32.

So 240 rounds will supply me all summer and give me some nicer killing rounds too.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No offense I just asked if you were one of the idiots that drove around with a flag flying and tearing it to shreds rolling coal being an idiot while screaming I am a patriot when we all look and think what an idiot.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  10. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    OMG! It is low 20's high winds and snow on ground!
    The entire week will be like this
    Top it off with a septic tank issue and honey dippers not returning calls :sad:

11. mikey custom-g

Dislikes Received:
    None taken bro. I’m 65 I don’t have enough testosterone in the tank to be out and about screaming even when bench pressing too much weight for myself.

As an old school Grunt ? That’s about all I got left in the tank. I never ever was a rah rah guy,even in high school sports.

I will wear a Trump cap. Cam Hanes cap, Hoyt, PSE, Mathews, Bowtech, Elite, Colts,Hurricanes and NY Yankees caps. Caps are big here in South Florida for the sun and my nose being so big, still gets sunburn cap or not.

12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Trying to keep track of a zoomy Dalmatian in a snowy wood lot...lol

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Going to get our winters worth of snow in the next week potentially, I am not happy about moving the snow blower from the shed to the garage. It was 7o here dang it you can't come at us with a butt load of snow we were teased all winter that it was going to be an early spring with no real winter and then a late March nut punch? Curse the sky. Models are saying 3-4" Thursday night for my Friday morning commute and then up to 24" Sunday into Monday.

oldnotdead likes this.
  14. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    All my fault last weekend I bought lime and weed and feed for the lawn, I jinxed it.

16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    3 " so far and still snowing

Fix likes this.
  17. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same here but it stopped growing in like 7th grade

Oh snowing, not growing

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Stopped in 7th grade huh?
    Under achievers can go on to have great lives too...:lol:

19. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Honey Dipper just left, a pipe clogged and has a " dip" in it and missing a baffle that we never knew about. Coming back to fox the pipe but it's pumped and now usable. They were tipped and given 2-3 dozen tomato seedlings
    Mini blizzard out there right now.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    SOB, the snow blower will not stay running, did a search on where the fuel filter is. You have to remove the discharge chute, 5 shrouds and the gas tank to get to the filter. Let's just say I am little pissed.