Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People that drive slow, then when you pass them they immediately speed up to screw up your merge or drive right up behind you and start tailgating. It's the weirdest personality traits. Like dude me passing you isn't an indictment of your inadequacies as a human.

picman, TJF, Suncrest08 and 4 others like this.
  2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, this baffles me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had my cruise set, gained on a car for miles and then when I’m passing them they speed up.

If they keep going faster it’s just annoying, but if I get back over and they slow back down then I get pissed. Not “road rage” angry, but the next time I change lanes to go around them you can bet that I’ll get it done no matter what it takes.

Sota, cantexian and virginiashadow like this.
  3. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So annoying!
    It's amazing how many don't/won't drive the speed limit but then get p****d and speed up when you pass them. WTF do they want?! Like what is their actual thought process??? Freakin idiots.

cantexian, virginiashadow and Sota like this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I see idiots every day, set your cruise, stay out of the left lane, and for the love of god get your vehicle up to speed on the on ramp, going 45 trying to merge with freeway traffic going 80.

picman, cantexian and oldnotdead like this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are just trying to trigger me :lol:

Idiots that slow down on the highway 1/8-1/4 mile before their exit. Idiots in the fast lane that also slow down well before a center left turn exit lane. Entry/exit ramps and turn lanes are designed to slow down on them, not before them.

Idiots that hit the brakes when a light ahead changes yellow, even though it is 1/4 mile ahead and will likey be green by the time you reach it.

When you're cruising the left lane and some dolt who knows they do not have the time to make a right turn onto the highway decides to slow roll the red light and promptly pull directly into the fast lane when the right lane has no oncoming traffic in it.

When approaching two cars in tandem in the right lane and just as you get ready to go by them, the rear A-hole decides he now wants to pace alongside the car in front of him rather than behind him as he has done for the past 5 miles.

That car that last minute switches to the empty left lane in front of you at a stop light, then proceeds to be passed by every car in the right lane when the light turns green.

SUV's and 4WD's that show off that they can drive 60mph on snow covered roads. Not about how fast you can go, idiot, all about how fast you can stop.

I swear, I would pay $500 extra a year for insurance if I was awarded 4 PIT's a year. I'd likely be out of them by March, but would be well worth it :lol:

Sota likes this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lake place prices google lake homes on Pine Lake near Upsala MN, if that guy gets $465,000. I will laugh. Nice place nice view but unfinished basement. Best part of that it is not my capital gain hell I can not sell it, I could go in a nursing home or get sued and untouchable asset. Trusted up. Minnesotan's dream hand them down a simple lake cabin so they can learn to rough it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
  7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just need to get creative.... "Basement left unfinished to meet buyers desire"... "Wet lake, yet dry basement ready to be finished to buyers wants" 10% discount included in pricing".

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do not have a basement my place is built up, that place has zero garage I has a 1.5 car garage. I have 4 bedrooms 2 baths beds for 10 and can seat 16 people on the main floor. I bought at the exactly right time and at the right interest rate and put 1/2 down. I would guess the place will go for a cash bid. Funny I would have a heck of a time getting a mortgage now being self employed vs when I bought the place I worked for my family.

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I can only get a waterfront property if I have a ditch at the road that holds water during a heavy rain :lol:

All good, just bored tonight and commenting where I probably shouldn't :lol:

Personally, I'd take 15 acres of woods over 100 of lakeview. Just me though, I'm a hermit without family to provide for so can be a bit selfish in my wants.

My only motto in life is "I don't care if I die broke, I just don't want to live broke". If I die with a penny to my name, I've lived my life to it's fullest and no burden to my siblings offspring to endure.

10. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    CLS, that post should be in the "best things in life" thread:cool:

virginiashadow, cantexian and Sota like this.
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will say this my life was alot simpler and stress free at the ranch and I miss it.

picman and oldnotdead like this.
  12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Daughter was just saying near impossible to buy ANY LAKE home here in the finger lakes. NYCITIOTS ran out of "affordable" waterfront places down state and near coastal states. The Aderondaks our outpaced skin the last 10 yrs they drove our market out of reach for locals. Even tiny lakes a a half mill for relative shacks.

Sota likes this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well that sucks, evidently I can no longer eat anything deep fried.

15. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    My weekly weather station co plaint...
    17%chance of rain
    Been rained on all morning . No rain right now...hhhhmmm God must be spitting in my window at the moment. Geez Louise!!

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was suprised that the place hit the open market, many lake places up here are sold before they get listed, but those are the cabins that will get bulldozed. I am sure the guy is thinking bidding war.

17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Summertime every year I start thinking about chewing. Dang it! Stay away.

18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Just opened our electric bill

Well over..............

$ 9,000.00
    Just so there is no misunderstanding

OVER NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS

Dang good thing I've been turning the fans off in the morning after hubby leaves for work...WTF!..

19. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ummmm I run my pool, hot tub, and charge my electric car and pay under 160 a month... Something is wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Yeppers apparently their computer doesn't know how to actually do math the numbers don't lie.