The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now having to carry cash to tip. FYJB

I was a waitress, bartender...crap jobs when too busy and too slow. Doubly so when kitchen was having an off night. The heavy and high came in when the drywall guys showed up at the same time on payday.

2. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

If it makes you feel any better, MI sports fans are in the same boat....

Sota likes this.
  3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nobody has been at the house since. At least while I am home.

Want to say she may have attempted suicide and is in the psych ward or something. Doesn't make sense as she was taken away in a squad car not an ambulance and an ambulance was never on scene.

Been rather peaceful though, haven't had to worry about it being a drug house, or her starting to fiend and get desperate for monetary value.

Have an 8 camera surveillance system ready to go up when I get the time and weather for it. Should be pretty quick install as I'll have main ones where current ones are with no alterations needed.

oldnotdead and TJF like this.
  4. Alone

Alone Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The twins make me the most upset because with no salary cap and one of the richest owners in baseball, we should be like that yankees always in it and occasionally win the big one. You're right about the wolves, they'll never do anything. Wild get bounced when we get in the playoffs and then Vikings.... Like the wild good enough to not get really high draft picks but not good enough to win it all. Mn sports drive me nuts!

Sota likes this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can jinx anything. Looked out the window and a couple cars were there. Her mom and daughter were both there. Didn't see her, but did kinda piece it together.

Clicked on her last known arrest and it was updated January 23rd. She was arrested for retail theft in October 2021, didn't show up for court and had a warrant issued. Guessing the cops showed up for an initial domestic call, that would explain why her boyfriend was initially cuffed in the back of the squad car. She was probably the aggressor and had a warrant so they swapped them out and she went and he moved out, or they both did. But she owns the house so not sure where she went.

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ugh, she's back home.

Going to be in the 60's Wednesday, new cameras getting installed a season earlier than planned.

7. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    $0.10 - rubber gloves
    $30.00 - gas to drive to “not IL”
    $100.00 - hi-point
    $0.00 - anonymous call to sheriff to report sketchy guy leaving pistol in neighbors mailbox
    Priceless - ****ty drug dealing neighbors gone

8. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A couple of weeks ago, the Jeep started sounding really loud, like a motor cycle. I found an exhaust leak coming out of the muffler from the front where it connects to the exhaust pipe going to the catalytic converter. So Saturday afternoon, I put a new muffler on it. Didn't solve the problem, and in the process, I accidentally bumped the jack stand I was using to support the new muffler while I was bolting it on with clamps. It fell, and I took a muffler to the face.

About a month ago, my MIL gave me my FIL's truck. While nice of her, I don't really want it and told her I would be selling it. He did not take great care of it. Mechanically, it is sound, but it is in rough shape with the body. He was not a great driver. It has been handy to have as a back up vehicle the last couple of weeks.. But, I do not want it long term. So now I have two older vehicles, neither of which I really want, I and I am probably going to have to put money into both before I can get rid of them.

9. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dealers around here offer cash for you used vehicles. May be worth a bit of a loss to not go through the headaches of repairs.

a friend tried it and didn’t like the offer so posted for sale on line. 5 dealers called him and made offers. He sold to the highest offer and they came to pick it up, cash in hand

just a thought.

oldnotdead and cantexian like this.
  10. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    I thought of that, just not sure that I would get enough cash to get me into a better vehicle without fixing it first.

11. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cracked ribs and having to cough!
    Sucks!

Fell while bank fishing some rip rap this morning.

TJF, cls74 and Sota like this.
  12. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Been there. Sucks. Ice your ribs ....a lot today

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  13. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's pure pain.
    Hang in there. It'll be awhile.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I did mine when I had the post covid cough, that sucked. I broke 2 my lowest rib is still not 100% healed and I broke them in August.

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Curious what kind of truck it is?

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Back around 2000 was working in a restaurant. Went into the walk-in freezer and the light was pulsing. Was the type that was supposed to have a mason like jar shroud around it with a metal cage around that.

Much like below. Anyhow, it was missing the glass jar around it and I reached through the outer cage and tried to tighten the bulb. Well the socket was pulled loose so when I twisted it the wiring twisted with it and arced on something, made that electrical pop with a flash. Natural instinct was to jump away, foot slipped on a slick spot and landed mid side on a foot tall flooring shelf.

Hurt like hell but ER X-rays showed no cracks or fractures. Week and a half later went canoeing on the Current River with no problems. Got back home, was about 2 weeks later, and was on the computer when I had to sneeze. I sneezed and had the most intense jolt of pain, was even worse than when I fell. I couldn't take deep breathes without jabbing like pain. Went to the ER and X-rays showed two fractured ribs but luckily weren't separated. Said I probably had hairline cracks that didn't show up initially and the sneeze cracked them fully.

Work initially questioned me a bit as I had went canoeing but I had known them since 1992 from another job and they ultimately let workers comp pay for it.

That sneeze to this day is probably one of the worst pains I've experienced.

Screenshot_20230213-191616~2.png

17. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT with a 5.7 Hemi

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Gah!!!

Trade in, might be the tail end of their transmssion woes.

Was hoping you were going to say S10 or an 80-90's model regardless of make.

19. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got suplexed while wrestling in my 20s....cracked my ribs. I couldn't even get my leg into my truck bc my ribs hurt so bad. Every sneeze, cough, hiccup, sent major pain into my ribs for weeks. I had to take both hands and push my ribs in before I did any of those things I just mentioned or that horrible pain would commence. Lol. Still to this day I have a large calcium deposit on my ribs as a wonderful reminder.

20. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It doesn't help that where I landed on the rip rap is same spot I already had separated ribs from a lung biopsie they did on me back in 99. Had a hystoplasmosis lession removed...

Long night.. lots of ice and ibuprofen. Feel the rib move everytime I do anything. Don't think seeing the doctor would change anything other than a pain script that would make me a zombie.

Sota likes this.