The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One less red A-hole. It was a very satisfying kill, the little jerk has been pruning off the end of branches on the red pine in the front yard. Wife says I still have some redneck in me, shot him out of the living room.

gltomp and Bone Head Hunter like this.
  2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Adding to my car woes, replaced the steering stabilizer on my jeep yesterday. That took a couple hours with that and having a dead oak cut down in the backyard, I have yet to hunt this Thanksgiving weekend. Poured down rain day of and today. Wife said I could go tomorrow, but our oldest threw up Friday night and has been complaining of headaches all day. He just woke up from a 90 minute nap. He never naps. His team had basketball practice on Monday. Tuesday morning one of his teammates tested positive for COVID.

Between car repairs and cutting down the tree, we have had almost $2500 in unexpected expenses in the last three weeks. At least we are smart enough to have an emergency fund in our savings. :rant:

Birdswacker and Sota like this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do not like the situation, I like that you have handle on it.

cantexian likes this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had the last red (I think) in my sites I neglected to put another round in the single shot.:rant:

5. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Circumstances like this would suck if my wife and I were not practical enough to live the reality that these things happen and plan head. I hate spending money on stuff like this, but at least I have it. At the end of the day, I am more bugged about being out my time dealing with this stuff than my money.

This is three Thanksgiving weeks/weekends that I have spent more time dealing with the crap of life than enjoying the holiday. Last year I spent most of the week cleaning up the junkyard my FIL made of his property after he passed so my MIL didn’t have to deal with it. Year before that, it was other car repairs and a broken toilet in the master bath.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is kinda the period in life you are in, been there. Trust me after you pay a fortune to raise kids, and their educations and weddings life gets easy until menopause. Then you just go well none of that killed me, you settle in and enjoy grandkids.

JeffC, gltomp, Mod-it and 1 other person like this.
  7. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lordy, after being off work for nearly 2 weeks, I have to train my eyes to look at a computer screen again.

My head hurts.

8. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is "never" a last red!

tdk5525 likes this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will be waiting and watching I have special talents and abilities I will detect and terminate.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So when I was moving the summer stuff out of the garage and organizing for winter I was going to toss the plastic wading pool. I had an idea, the grandson loves playing in the dirt so I took the pool and put 180 pounds of dry sand in it, indoor sand box. I also had the idea looking at the mound of sand he needs a plastic army man set, I can show him fire cracker land mines and snipe the opposing army with a daisey red rider bb gun. Evidently this is unacceptable for a 3 year old, not like I would let him light the fire crackers.:confused:

11. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mothers! And/or grandmothers!

The bane of grandfathers

Mod-it and Sota like this.
  12. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    You can blame the movie for that generation of moms. My wife made me wait until our boys were five before giving them a pellet gun.

[​IMG]

JeffC and Sota like this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Going to a concert down town Mpls luckily it snowed like and SOB down there today. As much as I hate to say it I am going to drive her vehicle and I will have to listen to her ***** about my driving, no way in hell am I letting her drive. I will let her show me her excellant driving on the way home.:biggrin:

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We have a Christmas day tradition...pretty much all my kids, a number of pellet/bb guns and a slew of targets out to ~80yds. Let's just say, like your kids, they started young and are all dang good shots...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    cantexian and Sota like this.
  15. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

At 10 we used them for war. We were paintball before paintball. Lol.

And nobody shot an eye out

Sota and cantexian like this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think that it is one of those things where you love the mother and grandmother enough to protect them from the truth. My daughter forgets I taught her how to start a fire with a magnifying glass, amongst other fun moments that I said do not tell your mother.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Method sellers. I get at least a half dozen calls a day from somebody trying to sell me something or service. This morning returned a call and listened to the pitch, told the guy that it was not something that I am interested in. Then the salesman resorts to the script when there is resistance, to me that is the red flag that says no need to wait for a second red flag. I would fire, wait I would never hire a method seller.

18. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Why are we having a 2 day youth soccer tourney in Dec? 20 degrees when they start playing at 8am tomorrow. Idiotic.

19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I remember ref-ing a soccer game in NY in like 40degree rain. that latter turned to snow. Albeit it was in April. Pretty sure I was hypothermic.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nope, not today. I usually get home from work at 3:30, get on the laptop for work, make calls etc till 6- 6:30, not today I am sick of the BS for the day, shut er down. Should I have a beer or hit the rowing machine? 1/2 of me wants a beer the other half does too.:beer:

cantexian, TJF, picman and 1 other person like this.