The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got home today and drew back the curtains to see 2 red squirrels frocking in the neighbors yard. Zero pride going 12 gauge 4 shot thru the extreem defender 12 gauge.

2. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    With 4 shoot, might not even need to pick them up.

Bang! Followed by a cloud of pink

Sota likes this.
  3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Guy opened his car door and destroyed my passenger side mirror and mirror mount this morning. Didn't even look. Just opened his door. Dang it.

4. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm so happy to read this! What a great outcome. Do you have her on a senior feed? Can always add in beet pulp or soaked alfalfa cubes if needed. Sounds like she is coming back wonderfully.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I got a virus today ransomware. Our new IT guy had me up and running jiffy quick. I did jot down the number I was supposed to call to get it fixed, going to have a couple 4 fingers of screwball and call Haji, perfectly acceptable to use every racist insult I can come up with, believe me after 4 fingers I have alot to say.

6. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

It's a feed mix that the boss gets his horses. Looks like mainly crushed oats with a little cracked corn. He said there were other things in it as he has it specially mixed for his horses. He buys it in a 30-bushel tote. I will ask him what else is in it. She is getting a little alfalfa with her hay. Her appetite is really good.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Horses usually get something 500-1000 $ will fix.

8. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wife is the same but usually a bit more expensive to patch things back up when I need to fix a blunder.

Oh, the wife has a $1500 plus kitty in vet bills and climbing. He is on 2 daily medicines for a heart problem. $600 to fix him up when he ripped his back leg out of his hip socket. You would never be able to tell with his running around the house like a mad man. So far, the horse has been cheap !! She always seems happy to see me.

Sota likes this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wife was on pintrist evidently thinks we need a freeze dryer. google search $2600 ah no not getting that for christmas.

10. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Freaking car repair, had to replace the drive belt on my jeep Saturday, no big deal, took 20 minutes. Finish that, wife says, "oh by the way, my CEL has been on for a few days." Hook up the scanner, bad thermostat. Go to autozone, replace thermostat, and then while letting the car run to test for coolant leaks, the radiator hose attached to the thermostat starts leaking. It has split in two places while I was reinstalling. Spent an hour calling around at 5pm last night trying to find a place that had the hose. Only place in town was in the 'hood. Spend an hour going there and back. Picked up some replacement clamps, good thing I did because the original clamp was rusted and broke when I was attaching the hose to the radiator. Those spring-loaded hose clamps are a PITA to get off a hose when they break. Spent 30 minutes fighting that. What should have been an hour job took almost four with calling, travel time, and getting the broken clamp off the new hose without ruining the hose. :rant:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  11. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    You saved your family a lot of money--good work!

cantexian, JeffC and TJF like this.
  12. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    DOJ rules that the officer who killed himself after Jan 6th riot is a line of duty death. DoJ should not have this authority. Killing yourself out of embarrassment is not a line of duty death.

wl704, cantexian and Sota like this.
  13. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I hate doing car repair, but, when the job is easy to get to, and will only cost the price of parts and time, it is worth it to save the cost of labor. I spent $150 on parts. I bet a mechanic would have charged $500 at least for the same amount of work.

virginiashadow likes this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do not miss those days, car repair under pressure.

wl704, cantexian and virginiashadow like this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So yesterday I get a call from a pissed off customer. This customer is pay before it ships and somebody thought they had to pay before we ordered parts, lost 3 weeks in production time. The excuse was I was out of the office when the order was placed so it never went thru me. I am never going to be able to take a week off. Wife doesn't get that I can not unplug and disconnect for a week.

16. Birdswacker

Birdswacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Getting Covid 2 days before Thanksgiving!!!

But getting out of having dry turkey and potatoe clumps at the in-laws?

Sota likes this.
  17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's got its moments for sure, both good and bad :lol:

I went from having no new content to view on the forums to it is taking me a week to catch up on a few days of posts on here.

My bedtime has went from 10:30 or so to 8pm or earlier. Check Sunday and Monday night football scores the next day or sometimes even 2 days after. I'm now waking up at 3:30 to 4am and not able to fall back asleep as a result.

It is most definitely a life change and not just a career path change, that said it will not overcome me.

I liken it to the talk of rookie athletes and having to adjust to the speed of the pro level. Everything is moving 3 times as fast right now because I am having to deal with new scenarios and everything being electronic/excel these days computer navigation through everything is a bit cumbersome at times.

Still stands the same. Never quit, never surrender and defeat is failure misspelled.

18. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You'll be fine cls.

cls74 likes this.
  19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And then I get a call.....

Yeah, not so good....

20. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This year was just nasty as far as work. Working a month straight. Getting a half day off and then working another 3 weeks straight. This happened multiple times. I went from 250 lbs to 192 1bs. Every time I would run into someone that I haven't seen for a while, you lost a lot of weight. Is there something wrong with you ?? No, the year has just been a b!tch of a year. I was 5 lbs from hitting my high school weight when I graduated. Good news of that though, I am in the great shape for a guy who will be hitting 60 years old this December. Been maintaining 198 lbs for 6 months now.

The few hours you got to sleep at night was spent laying a wake thinking about the d@mn job. Next year better be better. Next March will start my 35th year there. I really don't want to find a new job and start over. I was tempted this year.