The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And of all places... DELAWARE! :evilgrin: How Ironic...

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is why instead of the G helping all working people and capping credit card interest rates, we the people are getting bent over and paying for graduate degrees in basket weaving.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I thought I was old and lost my pain threshold, I was mowing down by the lake and some of the rocks let loose and I fell. A few scrapes thought nobody saw it so no harm. I woke up this morning getting out of bed was a crap show, took 10 minutes. My ribs were tender all week I just couldn't lay on one side, then I had a coughing jag from covid and felt the fractures seperate, f that hurts a lot. Broke 2 ribs is 2 places each.

4. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, that a RANT!!

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Dr sent me home with a fentenal OD starter kit, 10 0xy tabs. I will not be taking those drugs, just advil for me.

6. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    HVAC is going out, $7200 to replace...dang it man. Can my HVAC identify as a student loan?

7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Did you go to college for degree in gender studies for Amazonian Swine-Ardvark hybrid tadpole?

TJF likes this.
  8. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just got hit by a wild storm. Blew the top out of our favourite maple treess. Luckily not the one a 4ft from the house. Power was going in and out like a child playing with a light switch. Hmmmm May be a great thing I did so much canning Today thinking the gardening not be looking so good when I go to check. Hope the new blind made it. It rattled the house a bit. We'll be checking shingles as soon as possible
    Lightening too rough right now.

9. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    OND we had those storms - but they seems to swirl below us then continue up the coast...probably same band intensified up your way.

I had an employee email the other supervisor "ways to improve business" because she is an expert business owner herself (small business - jazzercise). UH YEAH. No. A company that has over one mill in payroll alone a year is no where near where your business in. Lets also add in the fact that we are a 501c3 governed by people not even in the building....yeah, negative. Our hands are tied on half the things.

10. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Wow they were way worse than thought...we lost power at 8:45 last night. 4 hrs after storms had past. Got it back on at 1:45pm today. It has been a cluster fluff 18 hrs. That ended with breakers blowing when it did come back on. Of course I go down and all the markers in the electric box are faded to being unreadable. Hubby not answering phone. Out came extension cords and the hunt for working plugs for the 2 big upright freezers and the 2 frig/freezers. Before that I played duck duck goose switching appliances to the generator.
    BTW..Always a good thing...that generator had not been used in 3yrs...started on first try.. it's raining again
    So I'll take pics, but we lost a huge Maple, cherry(18"), the tops of cherry,maples and a tall 10" maple, tops of poplar. That's just a quick check on a few acres of the 73.
    Now I thought at least two blinds would be a mess. The open one in the lower field...still there and the new blind, due to trees...well son of a gun, as bad as it was the rug in the blind was bone dry, as well as everything else.
    Found out a power line went down on main drag through the town. A guy didn't see it and did not realize until to late he ran over it dragged it and tore it of all the,poles in the process. Dear Lord don't ask I have no idea...dumb. Son was driving home and a transformer blew up in front of him.

11. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So replacing my septic tank. The jackasses that installed it 20 years ago (long before I bought the house) ran the pump wiring along the side of it so looks like I'm replacing that too now.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
  13. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Expensive FIX!
    Pun untested.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Location services probably would not have even looked for it, bright side you get $1 per pound for the scrap wire.

15. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    splice it, put it in conduit, seal the ends

what break?

gltomp likes this.
  16. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why does volleyball and BOW season have to run at the same time. Between my three teams I have a game every DAY but 5 in Sept.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Well so far overall dozen trees lost and more coming with these light breezes.
    Some pics......showing why I do not trust climbing maples around here..though cherry and beech weren't safe either. Weaken tops are,still snapping a few days after storm..

20220901_115400.jpg 20220901_115208.jpg 20220901_115204.jpg 20220901_112043.jpg 20220901_111958.jpg 20220901_111944.jpg 20220901_111754.jpg 20220901_111720.jpg 20220901_111510.jpg

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had to stop and pick the dogs up at the groomers on the way home from work, that is a rant on it's own. The guy in front of me in line was there to pick his dog up from day care. He went out the door and I asked the receptionist what it costs for day care for a dog. $31 a day including tax. WTF.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Another rant I booked the tickets to go to Florida for my Dad and I today. Rant on many levels my Dad had never used an ATM until my Mom died, he just had things taken care of for him. I had to book the ticket for him because he had no idea how. Next rant will be he is bringing the damn dogs with, I will be like a sherpa at the airport carrying the damn dogs thru the concourse. Even carrying 2 dogs in carriers I will still move faster than my shuffling Dad thru the airport, I beg him to get a cart and he refuses. The reason for the trip is 1 he needs to retitle a vehicle in Florida 2 he has a wood cabinet he bought so he can apply the stain or paint in the garage and needs my help to unload it. Florida trip no fishing, no kayaking, no fun. Last time I was down there my mom died, it is going to suck.

20. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    WOW OND... you guys got hammered over there. We had wind and rain, but minimal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk