The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well thanks all.

Not mother though. I'm just doing the building.
    Just layed last piece of flooring. Now a bit of base board and they can get her moved in.

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    sorry to hear BnB

3. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    All you can do is put out the effort. Hope they call you, fingers crossed.

4. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know a couple workers who used to be hunters and now working USPS - they pretty much are unable to hunt at any time now. Something about no vacations from October-December. I can't remember the exact I was told but I could see it with being their busy time.

But, I get the frustration. Same goes for paid firefighter testing. You could get 100% and still not be considered because someone of color, female or military background automatically gets bonus points. Beyond frustrating system.

5. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lower back pain. I was putting my socks on and felt a slight pull or something. That was Monday right before leaving for work, now the pain when the pills wear off shoots down through my thighs. Hoping this passes soon. Probably my son does to he has been helping me get my socks and shoes on the past couple days.

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ice your lower back. Thigh pain from back nerves is horrible.

TJF likes this.
  7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Those are symptoms of a herniated disk if the pain is radiating down your leg. Go get checked out for a proper diagnosis to be sure. If I am right, this is not something that will go away with time. It will worsen.

8. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agree with others about icing and getting it checked out and I can sympathize. I had a muscle strain in my rear end that got inflamed and was not only pulling on my spine in my lower back, but also causing shooting pain down my leg and knee! I didn't know what the hell was going on until a nurse friend asked me lots of questions. I took Aleve for 13 days straight while stretching 7 or 8 times a day before it subsided. I couldn't even sleep bro. Definitely get it checked out.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just about rear ended on the freeway by a semi on the way home, damn lucky there was a little room on the right for him to go.

10. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys for the info. It does feel better tonight. I’ll see how I feel after I sleep. Strange though how some recommended ice and others heat. I’ve been putting heat on it. Heating pads at home and seat warmers on in the truck with the ac running.

11. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This week has been trash. Monday the dog took me out and I hyperextended my knee. Been gimping around because of a big swollen bruised knee. Last night I got a migraine tried to sleep it off and woke up with a horrid one. Took migraine prescription....didn't think to eat and got nauseous. Now I am falling asleep at my desk. I am exhausted, sore, and ready for today to be over.

12. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    These are signs you need some days off work. And without anything planned. Just chill.

13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    My right eye started going bad again about a month ago. Back on meds. Doctor sends me in for blood work 2 weeks ago. Labcorp runs like 9 of the 10 tests and fails to run the most important, so here I am back giving blood. Now I'm going to be 3 weeks behind while my eye goes to hell.

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got home from vacation...freezer for on the refrigerator for was open...Yuck. I'd rather process a gut shot deer.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What a treat. Spend all weekend unwinding and come home to an instant response crap show.

16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My son asking the right question "should I take the back panel of the freezer?"

Packed full of ice. The coil and drain all froze up...spent the next hour deicing...

17. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Missouri and its new resident vehicle registration is a gargantuan nightmare. It is 30 X more difficult to register a new vehicle in MO as an American citizen than it is to vote as an illegal immigrant.

Sota likes this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My inlaws are moving in with us, that is going to suck have to disassemble the bunkbeds and move a dresser out of the guest bedroom. Going to suck my house will not be mine. Told my wife we do what we have to do but we are going away some weekends. Inlaws can not do stairs they will be just the other side of the hallway. She has dementia he is an old drunk a hole who knows everything and is a racist biggot.

19. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So, I've had this chronic cough for about 6 years. Family clinic had tried treating it with steroids but that just lead to more of a cough (side effect of steroids) and wt gain.

Earlier this summer, I self-referred to an ENT. He scoped my sinus and found nothing. Then he goes on about how GERD can cause cough. Now, I have absolutely no symptoms of GERD and my cough is a productive one-not the dry occasional hack.

So he sends me in for a barium swallow test. I highly recommend this if you've never had one. This thick as hell stuff in a cup about the size of a vending machine cup. And it weighs about a pound!

During the test, I hear the radiologist say "that's interesting" but he wont say anything more. This is during the standing portion of the test.

Next, they lay you down and you get to drink more of that vile stuff that has been thinned out so you can suck it in with a straw. then they have you roll over. Sure enough, some does come back up just a little. So, we get to do it a second time. Yuck. Nothing that time came up.

I get the test results that afternoon and expect to see that I have GERD. Yup but that is item #2 on the list.

Item #1 was the "that's interesting". I have a "moderate size lateral pharyngeal diverticulum". Which is a pouch in the side of my neck.

ENT thinks this is the cause of my cough and has referred me to a teaching hospital.

I just know this is going to screw up hunting season somehow.

On line I have found 2 treatment options depending on the actual location blah blah

I just know that mine will be the option where they fillet my neck open.

Sota likes this.
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wondered if I have that issue, I have all kinds of digestive issues.