The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am glad you are happy with the family you built. Barb and I have built a good one too. It just irks me that 3 of the siblings couldn't see the hardship they put the folks through after they themselves were adults. My parents gave us all a good childhood and brought us up to be decent, caring people. Selfishness wasn't a value they taught us but stills seems to run rampant where it never should have. You treat the people good to you with respect. To take advantage of good people and their kindness is just horrible to me. My parents were good people.

JeffC, GregH and oldnotdead like this.
  2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I am and glad you have.
    I was born into a train wreck Mother was a good person but ruined by her own family demons and died when I was 12 ,an alcoholic. My father was a wife and child beating monster that went on a shooting spree killing his second wifes lover. My sister just a selfish women that put herself over her own children . My brother was a wife and kid beating criminal.
    All that said , these people taught me many things. The biggest was to strive to be a decent human. To raise kids that would be hard working, respectful humans. To remember that no matter how bad things may be for me someone else has it worse, don't whine. In every single bad thing, there is something good, you just have to look for it. Life is only as good as what you choose to put in and remove from it. Cliche' , perhaps but has worked for me.

JeffC and TJF like this.
  3. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I helped a frail old woman load her groceries yesterday at Tops. She was thrilled at my offer and said , the girl said that bag was heavy
    What the Hell! She barely cleared the handle of the half cart. The twit at register not only admitted over loading her bag but never offered nor just called someone to assist her..I asked.

I go to Dunkins for coffee beans..now I buy 6 bags at a time. I get in there and the shelves are fully packed...ALL Ground. OK that admittedly ticked me right off. So I stood back and called to the clerk.." So, I see someone forgot to order Whole bean coffee on the last order. You could just see it in her face, I wasn't the first. She said that would be the manager. I asked , "And is the manager in today?" Yes, .." Well then, please go ask the Manager when he or she plans to remember a whole bean order , Please." Next Tuesday. Why because I know they forgot on the order that had just come in AND again when that order was to go out the same day for Saturdays delivery.

My final rant which is totally on ME. I'm at tractor supply and a guy has a cattle dog on leash. She was looking a bit timid and I said may I say hi to her. Yes she needs socializing. Well she went instant submissive as I reached the back of my hand for her to smell. I got down to her level because she was doing that I'm scared crawl to me. Then it happened. NOT what I feared ,a tinkle, nope she dropped a turd...lol
    OMG I'm so sorry! He asked clerk for paper towel I offered to hold her leash as he cleaned up. As I gave back the leash I apologized again saying...I'm so sorry I didn't mean to scare the ****e out of her. ...He grinned and said it was Ok

Dear Lord I'm on a roll here...sorry...lol

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    TJF likes this.
  4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You both need to go to a re-education camp.

virginiashadow likes this.
  5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    HA

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Power company just announced the possibility of rolling blackouts this summer across the midwest.

Lets keep hoisting them failing wind turbines up.

Also love the Chicago carve out. I'm sure we'll see them come to IL in June during the primary elections.

Screenshot_20220520-171352_Facebook.jpg

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Only under Biden is this possible.

dnoodles likes this.
  8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

The media will seek their opportunity to blame "climate change" and fit in "White Supremacy" somehow.

oldnotdead likes this.
  9. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Why is it that the media even Fox are not discussing the rash of children suffering from sudden Hepatitis and some dying across the country. It's mentioned but then ZERO info given on these kids vaccination status. It has been DOCUMENTED the vaccine can cause sudden onset hepatitis. They are still pushing it. They will never say a word about the rise in deaths from heart attacks that will increase over the next few years. It will be 15-20 yrs before all of a sudden correlations will be made. Same ****e a different decade.

gltomp likes this.
  10. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow !!! You are right. Someone else has it worse so be thankful for what you have. I have made it 59 years where I have never cheated or taken advantage of someone. I have never stolen from anyone. I've given more to the job then asked, I've been loyal. I have been a faithful husband and made sure she knows she is the most important person in my life. While I am far from perfect, I have been a decent, trustworthy and caring person. When I die and get to stand before GOD, I will have accomplished a good life.

I am still packing light just incase the far from perfect comes into play and he sends me SOUTH. Then I am running a muck and will show the devil what hell is really about. :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

oldnotdead likes this.
  11. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I believe we all create our own hell on earth. For some, things may look great on the outside, wealth,opportunity, never held accountable.... but on the inside...hmmmm
    I've talked to and studied many older people, I have been at the side of a few deaths. As we age we may forget what we did five minutes ago, or what we are doing at the moment. There is an increase in the clarity of what we did in the past. Those things can and for some run on a loop in their minds. So the saying you can shape your future but not your past is important to think about when your young. Why you'll see me say about certain people " I hope they live a long, long life". As I age I have some things that pop up from my youth that sting in the middle of the night. I'm hoping as time goes on these are few.

TJF likes this.
  12. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Tried to hang with the youngsters last night. I hate my life today......

TJF, dnoodles, cantexian and 2 others like this.
  13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha...been there done that though, the last time was many years ago.in my 50's
    P.S.
    I discovered jello shots then after DearGod! way too many, tested if a certain herb will help stop or deter "whoopsi 's "...I can attest to the fact it does.....

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So I guess you're done with the steroids...how's the vision?

15. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    How to end a bit of a miserable week.
    I go to work in the garden and no peppers several tomatoes that I planted the other day snapped off. I'm wild I treated everything heavy. Bugs are dead around them but no peppers at all. Now birds snap and leave. Then behind me A.J. has a menacing growl bark. I look to see a volley ball sized snapping turtle baking in the sun head stuck in chain link. Well mystery solved. I took AJ. Home and grabbed a box ,because that cuss tried latching on to me while I helped him. Didn't it take 15mins to find him again when I returned. What a battle we had, put him in the "pond" area not far away from the garden and in the shade.
    To hell with it...I'll plant seed in ground and pray. I'm over it....

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Hoping I'm finally done with the yard part of it, still have to get the water meter area squared away at some point.

Had it all leveled out, laid down some old seed. Then after research figured that old seed wouldn't germinate so bought some new seed, scraped it up and seeded again. I didn't cover it though and kept it watered. A bit of rain earlier in the week washed some seed out, so reseeded it again and laid down some seed/erosion rollout matting. It and the stakes used are supposed to be photogradable. I'll likely pull it up once the grass emerges, don't feel like waiting 3 months or more for it to breakdown.

Screenshot_20220521-180613_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-180706_Gallery.jpg

TJF likes this.
  17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Damn birds are attacking it for nesting material though.

TJF likes this.
  18. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Been off the antibiotics and steroids for 2 weeks now. My eyesight is improving but I'm worried I'll have lifelong damage. Weeks before this happened I was 20/15 in both eyes. Then I couldn't even see the sights on my firearm with my Rt eye. A month ago my eye improved to 20/60. Then last week it was 20/40, but I have a lot of inflammation and floating crap in my Rt eye, plus more than likely a lifelong scar in my eye. So I have some things to improve.

19. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    You gonna have to switch hit with a bow?
    I did it at 35yoa. Wasn't hard

20. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Dottering Brandon is just the cover.
    All of this is by intent. All.

gltomp and TJF like this.