The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bought 2 bags of Scotts turf builder with weed and feed and a $25 sprinkler total was $187. Thanks Brandon.

ash d, oldnotdead and dnoodles like this.
  2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hear that, tilled down one of the mounds in the yard from water line replacement. Been looking at grass seed amd it's ridiculous, especially for the quick grow.

Had a partial bag in the garage alomg with some 10/10 fertilizer so spread that out. Doubt it grows as it is like 6 or 7 years old and a mouse chewed through the packaging and left droppings in it.

If it doesn't take I'll go with sod as it is instant yard and probably cheaper.

3. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Where the hell you buy that at?? Dewey Screwem and Howe? It's 45-50 clams for the 15k bag around here.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not for the triple action Scotts sure you can get some Scotts cheaper but not the triple action. I bought it at Home Depot in the suburbs, they are very competitive price wise.

5. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As I don't use Scotts, never knew they made a triple. I couldn't afford to fertilize 2.5 acres with that stuff.

I alternate years with weed n feed and crab grass preventer and feed.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The road I live on the 2 neighbors closest to me their yards look like golf courses, they both like us entertain a lot so I pretty much feel obligated to have the yard looking good. Plus it is all I have, not like the ranch where I always had work to do. My yard is my food plot I do soil tests, lime fertilize, I have 1.2 acres but I think it is only around .6 acres of lawn.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can people grasp the concept of merging onto the interstate? Most on ramps are down hill and of a certain length, they are designed for vehicles to be up to highway speed when it is time to merge. Simple concept you enter the on ramp you push the skinny pedal on the right towards the floor until your vehicle is at the speed limit on the freeway. Oh and it is really not the time to be on your damn phone.

8. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Jack ass from ND ?? When it comes to Minnesotans coming over here, my god I think they challenge each other on who can be the bigger idiot. We see a lot of Minnesota waterfoul hunters. It wouldn't surprise me if a North Dakotan would do it though. We are so used to your clan of Hmongs coming here and taking every available spot. You are from the State of a 10,000 Lakes. Why do they swarm our few lakes? :poke:

The Old Man, cantexian and Sota like this.
  9. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    WTF, why, the dandelions? If I see a yellow dot in my lawn I go full on Viking with a hand popper and a spade. I hate dandelions almost as much as cottonwood trees.

Almost.

10. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
  11. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    it would be nice for about 100 of us from here and our chosen few to form a redoubt.

cantexian likes this.
  12. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    go green. this in one hand, Platinum in the other.

upload_2022-5-5_23-24-9.png

13. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Why Americans need signs for everything now...no common sense...lol

TJF likes this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I kid I think they had South Dakota plates.:biggrin:

TJF likes this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think my wife would do that manual thing she is busy in the summer, paddle board, kayak fish, lunch with friends, online shopping. like any issue just takes $

16. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cast iron sewer lines and tree roots!

My parents house has a problem. Just had the roots cut out in Dec. Water backed up again last night. Got the plumber coming out to do it yet again. GD city just has to have trees in front of houses. Years ago my parents were pleased that the city took the elm trees down. But then they replanted with maples.

Going to be a big bill if we have to replace that line. It goes under the front porch, sidewalk and to the far side of the street.

Got an in law that is gagging on the cost to line the pipe at $150/foot. Says just disclose the problem at time of sale. Sure. Tell prospective buyer that the estimate is $XX and watch the offer drop. If I were in their shoes, I would take the estimate and add AT LEAST 50% and then reduce my offer to that number.

Going to eliminate a lot of potential buyers by doing it that way.

17. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Here is PVC to the street/muni system...which may be as bad if not worse...especially in our clay soil. Some company is now offering insurance, which we just bought into knowing we will sell this place in a couple years...

18. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I met a guy doing survey for New fiberoptic wiring the utilities are planning. Any how we actually had a wide ranging long chat. I said be careful walking these hill back roads even with your neon green vest on. To which he said I have an issue with electric cars! Why?
    His response was brain explosion WOW no ****e! He said because I can not hear them coming. Just tires on gravel and nearly nothing on pavement.
    Think just think about that. We live on the crest of a hill and ALWAYS I stop and listen for cars before crossing the road. Cars drive fast out here and I can't see them , they can't see me as I cross. How many kids, dogs, adults, deer have not been hit because they heard the car before they saw it. How many bikers moved just in time beause they heard a car on a curve and moved ..... hhhhmmmmmm

19. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    20220507_164326.jpg

I'm about 30 seconds from ripping this broad out of her van, strapping her to the roof, and showing her how a car wash works.

cantexian, Sota and virginiashadow like this.
  20. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If it isn't job related or a side deal where money greases your hand... DO NOT let people know, especially siblings or family, that you know how to turn a wrench and can fix things. You just end up getting the dirty sh!t jobs so the others can benefit not having to pay someone else to do it. More money for them in the end while you lose time that you can never get back. Time that you could have used to do your own stuff in your hectic life.

I will be darn glad when mom's estate is settled and done with. I now have to get two tractors running that haven't ran for 8 and 10 years for the farm auction. One has a flat rear tire with chloride in it. I will have to replace tubes in both rear tires because I imagine the other tube is going to be shot also. Chloride is nasty stuff.