The pros and cons of a double cam bow versues a single cam and roller wheel?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by christiejc, May 7, 2011.

1. christiejc

christiejc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello and thanks for reading my post.I am fairly new to bow shooting and i have a double cam bow.its a martin onza 3.What are the pros or cons of a double cam bow versuses a single cam bow?Please fill me in.it may be a stupid ? but id like to know the difrence.Thanks for any input.:D

2. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cam timing and cam lean are thing you need to worry about on dual cams more so the single cams. Single cams tend to have a smoother draw. Dual cams tend to be a little faster. You might have to switch arrow spin using a dual cam because they are considered a hard cam.

3. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When I was test shooting I made sure to shoot both (it's hard not to really). Personally I liked the single cam better. IMO the dual cams I shot had a more smooth draw, but they had a harder hit on the release. The single cam I shot (z7 xtreme), which I ended up with, didn't have quite as smooth as draw but it felt much better on the release.
    Speed is a factor as well. Like headstrong stated, you typically get more speed out of a dual cam bow. The bear carnage kind of makes an exception to this but I have never shot it to be able to tell you as a comparison to the daul cams.