The Orion Syndicate (#12) - 2020 & 2021 Champions

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 31, 2020.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh geesh...still doesn't seem right someone can say this and it be true. LOL Never plan on a booner my man, Lord knows I would have bet everything (car, house, land, job, hands, legs) against the odds I'd ever get one in Northern Indiana amongst trespassers and as many hunters in the area.

That is a SOLID deer, he'd eat an arrow here most likely...but man if you think he is 3.5 I'd have to see what could happen because dude has GIANT potential.

Team Haastyle likes this.
  2. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ash checking in. Last year was a great hunting year for me. I wasn’t as successful as I would have liked to be but I was able to spend almost the whole season out in the woods. I was laid off last September around the 23rd one week before opening week of archery. I hunted almost every day until the end of shotgun Dec 12th or sometime around there. Had some great encounters with some bruisers but just couldn’t close the deal. I’ve been back to work since January(timed that pretty good). I work 2nd shift so I should be able to get out quite a few mornings I’ve never killed a good buck in the evening not sure why that is. Still have to do some last minute stand shuffling on a couple spots but my prime spots are all set. I hunt multiple private properties and have access to state land about 10 minutes from my house over 2k acres bowbell state forest. They just logged a bunch of it so there should be a lot of new growth. Like our chances with this group and looking forward to getting to know everybody. Good luck

Oldcarp, tynimiller and fletch920 like this.
  3. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oldcarp, tynimiller and fletch920 like this.
  4. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Brett if you’re out there, no pressure but some points in the board tonight would be nice . Good luck if you make it out, keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

tynimiller likes this.
  5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be "elgible" on two of my Indiana properties to hunt September 15th and you bet your life savings I'll be shooting first antlerless deer available to earn my reduction zone buck tag here in Indiana and then purely be targeting bucks rest of the season.

Also nice to say within 48 hours we are all checked in fellas...that is probably one of if not the fastest time to all be checked in I've had!

MIHOYT89 likes this.
  6. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The more I think about it the more I think that I can hunt the weekend of the 12th and 13th for doe only. Michigan changed so many things this year and I can’t remember all of it. If I am correct I will be out next weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

7. Mudlake3

Mudlake3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ash are you hunting in NY?

8. Brett Smith

Brett Smith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Minus four hours and counting before the treestand feels my post quarntine weight gain and I start the first of many sits. Cloudy with temps in the mid 70's. slight breeze from the SW.

9. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    KILL

10. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wowzer! The entire gang is already here and some are actually hunting today! This is a tremendous start.

I just drove by my new 40 over lunch hour and saw a nice buck laying in the beans. I knew that property had some potential. To be honest, I bought it to build a pond for fishing and goose hunting, but suspected it might also be in a decent area for deer. Looks like I better get boots on the ground and get a camera hung soon. I may have the farmer leave a few acres of beans standing also. It's always fun to start figuring out a new property.

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Ever want a guy from Indiana to keep the deer population in check and he has enough points to draw and can convince his wife to let him and get time off of work.....let me know LOL :lol::lol::lol:

fletch920 likes this.
  12. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

13. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He is a 4.5 this year, but had an older brother/dad that looked just like him as a 4 and then blew up as a 5 so definitely on the fence. If nothing bigger shows up I will most likely focus my sights on him. Plus I always love putting something on the ground for my little boy to check out.

tynimiller and MIHOYT89 like this.
  14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    So team names...some year's I'm good for some creative off the wall ones...not so much this year, at least not yet. Will maybe add some tonight later.

Anti-Boonerville (LOL...okay I know fairly straight forward).

*warning...on a greek mythology kick...hence the greek references

Dodeka Toxotis (greek word for twelve is dodeka and toxotis is archer)
    Nekra elafia (greek for dead deer)
    Gia ton Archigo (greek for "For Chief")
    See Deer, Kill Deer
    The Remaining Few
    ....let's run with the concept we got this thing in the books...that's right we will be the remaining few.
    Belthor -o aras (Sindarin for killer of deer)

Already mentioned...

15. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes sir N.Y. it is. I’m right outside of Binghamton. Me and a couple friends have had some out of state archery hunts the past couple years Ohio and Kansas were trying a gun hunt this year opening week in Ohio.

16. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Okay. I think I have the fires beat down enough to post here again. I'm not sure I knew what I was getting myself into with this contest stuff.

Kentucky season opens this Saturday, so four days from right now I'll have my three Summit Vipers in place and I'll be waiting for the opener the next morning. I'm planning on spending a week there unless the coolers are filled with quartered deer before that.

The wind is forecast to be ENE, which is totally wrong for two of my Kentucky spots, but is perfect for my third spot. An ENE wind will let me sneak in with the wind in my favor and it will be in my favor on the stand. (I have other spots, but I'm only going to focus on three the first week.)

I know I have a bit of a reputation from hunting on farmland in Kentucky, but there is only one of the three spots where I may kill the first doe I see. That's the newest property I gained access to. It's about 40 acres of really thick timber that borders another property I have access to, and last season during a muzzleloader hunt I watched over 20 does pile out of that same patch of woods into a winter wheat field I was covering in the span of 30 minutes. When I arrive this Friday, I'll look it over. If there is good buck sign from the previous season I may hold off on shooting a doe there also.

tynimiller likes this.
  17. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    So for captain we have three votes for MIHOYT89 and one vote for Tynimiller. At least I think that's where we are. We're all checked in now, so let's hear your votes.

18. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    MIHOYT89 offered and ive been captain plethora of times, he is the nom.

19. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds good, Ty. I'll change my vote to MIHOYT89.

That's four votes. Two more and it's a majority.

20. Mudlake3

Mudlake3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    MIHOYT89 has my vote

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk