The OFFICIAL thread for PUBLIC LAND hunting.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by buckeye, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My season is over. Hopefully within a few weeks I can get out and do some scouting. They are out there, I just need to find them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron Jones likes this.
  2. Huntzilla

Huntzilla Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah man he really is. We talked a long time after the podcast. Wish I woulda kept recording but whatever. He’s super passionate about hunting and a great dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. Huntzilla

Huntzilla Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Preciate it brutha! I’ve been scouting some areas like that. I hunt some nasty terrain too. So far it’s been a bust everywhere I’ve looked. Just didn’t jump out at me like there was a lot of activity there. That and even with focusing on really steep climbs I’ve ran into deer stands. I haven’t seen a lot of trucks in the area but still. That **** killed my season early on. Nothing like getting in early and someone walking through messing up your hunt. I’m still looking for some gems that aren’t too terribly far away just hard as hell to get too. Just haven’t had any luck yet. So far the distance factor is where it’s been at for me. And hey man you can’t shoot the big boys by shooting the teenagers. The reward will be that much sweeter! Hats off to you for passing up deer too. I know that’s hard to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. Trimacon

Trimacon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

GA public land black bear. Love hiking the Appalachian trail and finding remote bear spots on public land (Chattahoochee national forest)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Aaron Jones, Huntzilla and gri22ly like this.