The official 3D update thread.

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by buckeye, Apr 3, 2009.

1. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    OK shot another round this Saturday and here are my scores.

10's-8
    8's-10
    5's-2
    170 total

Overall I was happy with the shoot. The 2 5s I got were just simple errors. 1 was low from misjudging yardage and the other I felt myself tense up as a shot and pulled it left.

I have shot every weekend in a shoot, and practiced 4-5 days a week for a month now and have improved with each shoot from 144 to 170. I'm real happy with the progress I have made in practice and the 3D shoots. I have also noticed an improvement in judging my yardage. I have been using the info from the BH.C article about how to improve guessing yardage.

Now...am I the only one shooting 3D? :confused:

2. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    :cool: My current goal is a round with no 5s. I'll try again on July 11, because there is not anything close next weekend.

3. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well after some issues with my truck the day before, I was able to make it out today for my first ever 3D shoot. I must say I am addicted, what a blast. I was fairly impressed how well I did being my first. I walked in expecting to be in the low 200's. Here is how it went down.

Targets 1-10...
    4-11's
    2-8's
    4-5's (ouch)
    Total for first set=80

Targets 11-20...
    3-11's
    2-10's
    4-8's
    1-5
    Total for second set=90

Targets 21-30...
    3-10's
    7-8's
    total for third set=86

Overall...
    7-11's
    5-10's
    13-8's
    5-5's

Total score=256

4. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    We still have some 3D shoots here through the end of the month, but I plan to concentrate on scouting up until season opener and probably will not shoot another one until they pick back up next year.

5. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the Blue Ridge Backwoods Hunter's 3D tourny last weekend. You have to use a hunting set up. (no fat shafts, fixed sights.. etc). For me this meant just changing my arrows to my hunting arrows.

I haven't shot that bow since June.... So on Thursday, I moved my sights twice. (once because, like a dork, I moved them the up instead of down....) I shot about 20 arrows and was pretty unhappy with my shooting and didn't shoot again until the first target on the course.

I have to to say, I was pretty darn amazed I managed to shoot 260 and won the women's division. (2nd year in a row. Yay, go me!)

Deb is going to compete next year and so I guess I'll have to actually practice if I don't want to get spanked by her. :D

Now... it's broadhead time.

6. macrylinda1

macrylinda1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Today I met up with Josh/OH and OHBowhunter for a 3D at Lone Eagle Bowmen. This is 3D #3 for the year.

It was a great course, the first time I ever shot it. Their course is nestled into the hills in East Central Ohio and they did an excellent job of mixing the shots up. A lot of up and down hill shots. They also did a very good job of mixing the yardage up. There were a lot of long shots but they also threw in a couple shorter shots on the smaller targets like a skunk.

Over all I am very pleased with the course and it was well worth the 1 3/4 hour drive.

I shot pretty well. I kept out of the 8's on all but one shot. A climbing bear got the best of me. I was hot and right on it. I feel I left a few 11's on the table though, but overall I am pleased.

They had 3 10 target courses rather than a front 15 and back 15 like the norm in my area.

7. Francis

Francis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How come you don't shoot that good anymore buckeye?

8. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Still waiting for you to start shooting good, kiddo.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk