Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The New Elite EnVision....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by tynimiller, Nov 18, 2021.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So Elite just emailed out those on the mailing list a tease about the launch date for the new EnVision being 11-23-2021.

The statement Elite put out about their EnVision bow launching the 23rd is odd IMO:

"We challenged the rules - In fact, we threw out the rule book on what a bow should look like - and envisioned what the shooting experience could feel like."

Yes they bolded those two lines in the email and picture with the quote on it.

Another quote is "Imagine an enhanced shooting experience that increases your accuracy, confidence, and stealth like never before - EnVision Shootability"

Are we about to see a massive riser shift or switch by Elite? Are they going back to non-split limbs? Just seems an odd way of describing what is coming.....if it doesn't look different this is a massive misstep.

Edited OP to include PJ and Lancaster's video on it, I feel PJ does the best overviews of bows.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Is it a massive misstep if you're already talking about it and the bow hasn't even been released yet?

[​IMG]

Mod-it, BB1, alenhard15 and 2 others like this.
  3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    LOL I am saying if this thing doesn't look different this "marketing ploy" is a massive misstep in my opinion. Thing better be unique.

4. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To be fair, they didn't actually say it would look different, just that they threw the rule book out. Then to boot, they didn't say it would shoot different, just that it could shoot different.
    Marketing ploy here could be like a phone-sex tease approach LMAO!!!!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I'm only curious because I've long found every year the Elite flagship typically wins for me in blind drawing test, on shot though Mathews has almost always won out. My Elite Energy 32 is only five or six years old, but dangit if nothing has yet to come out that I've deemed worthy of putting it down. The V3 last year nearly did if it weren't for the draw cycle just not completely winning me over. Very curious what Elite offers this year.

alenhard15 likes this.
  6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Marketing words don't get me to open my wallet.

I will want to compare it to others, as I periodically do...

Elite feel free to woo me.

7. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    rumors are its another damn short 31"ish bow ... useless to me .... the Ritual 33 I have now I wish was the 35" Ritual (it was a deal I couldnt pass, so I jumped on the 33, still shoots OK)... split the difference, why not make a 34" bow with a IBO of 335-340 and a smooooth draw cycle/6.5" brace ... Ive always dislike these short baby bows, esp with me having a longer draw .... I like stability of a longer bow, and speed and smooth draw dosnt hurt either .. come on Elite, get with it ... sheesh .. have to wait till the 23rd to see for sure

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tell you what if I were to buy a new bow and there was a high performance non split limb bow available price would not matter. I hate the Eagles and split limb bows man.

9. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is there really anything to gain from a split limb bow? Yeah, they look kind of cool, but I am more about effectiveness over aesthetics...

10. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yup, its another baby bow, just a tad over 31 inches ive heard, find out on the 23rd........... not interested, I'll be keeping the Ritual 33 for a bit ...

'supposedly' a split limb is said to ballance the tips/cam better ... 'supposedly' ...

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I thought split limbs were needed to facilitate the larger cams for speed and let off.

12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    this was my thought as well or assumption of why.

Sota likes this.
  13. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    split limbs have been around for a long time now, long before these new larger cam designs..... while they may give a large cam more room, they 'supposedly' still balance out better on the tips ... I say supposedly, as that is what a bow engineer/R&D guy told me not to long back ... I'm sure they test the defection/lean of those tips and the limbs in general so they make the bow more 'balanced' .. there is a particular order the split limbs mount in the limb pockets hence the various deflections of each of the 4 limbs for balance and shootability ....

14. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    another short A - A bow (31")... hope you guys like it ....hopefully theres a longer 2022 version (doubt it)

20211122_115553.jpg

15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:

Okay I have to admit, I will have to shoot it. I typically find myself liking longer bows but my Elite 32 has been my god send since I purchased it used a long time ago.

the E32 is 31.75 ATA actually and has a 7inch brace height

If what you're saying is right from the image
    EnVision is 31 ATA and has a 6.875 brace height

It is essentially a modern E32 with split limbs and the S.E.T. Technology it would appear.

If the draw cycle is what I love like my E32, I could quite possibly be buying one.

16. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yea, it sure may be a heck of a bow, but I do prefer the longer A-A's .... I find no need to move away from the Ritual 33 right now ... heck, I used my Ally since '06 and it has killed multiple dozens of critters since then, I'm still trying for a deer kill with the Rit. 33 (wtf !!)..... thousands and thousands of dollars invested in hunting and equip. and because of f-n work I get shafted two years in a row ... 2.5 yrs and I'll retire I hope ... these last two years have been the pits ever since the CCP virus hit (not with me, I'm still jab and virus free), I cant buy a day off or a decent vacation, I hate being da boss/smh .. ..... the new Elite has very short limbs, kinda reminds me of a newer Bowtech in that sense .... hopefully the Dec. late season will be better as the F&W areas clear out of Elmer Fudds ...

17. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
  18. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Photo leaked from a shop. Cam differences between top and bottom intrigue me with questions which hopefully will be explained. Very curious to hear from PJ at Lancaster and his thoughts on it. Love his reviews and discussions on bows.

19. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    So is this a massive misstep, or just a stumble?

alenhard15 likes this.
  20. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    good looking bow, hopefully a smooooth draw , just wish it was longer a to a