The Natural

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by SouthernMDArcher, Aug 24, 2019.

1. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Over the last 30 to 35 years I have helped well over 100 young archers with setting up their bows and teaching them the basics of shooting. Today I helped a kid "25 years old", I loaned him a 2017 Bear BR33 bow setup and ready to go. After 45 minutes of me talking with him about form and him watching me shoot, I have him draw the bow back to check and then reset the draw length, weight etc. This kid picks up the bow and remembers everything I said.

After doing some walk back tuning and making pin adjustment, at 20 yards he is dead center on the target with the vanes on a group of 3 arrows touching. At 30 yards he shooting dead center on the target with less than a half inch between any of the three arrows.

He then ask what the next target is? I tell him 45 yards. He shoots and hits 4 inches low dead center, shoots again and hits the exact same spot with the fletch touching on both arrows. I then teach him to follow the arrow when making pin adjustments, he adjust the sight and this kid is shooting 3 inch groups at 45 yards.

I have seen one other person do this in my 30 to 35 years of teaching young folks to shoot. It always amazes me how some people are just natural archers and understand the concept of bow and arrow.

I am very impressed by this young man !!!!

Dave

2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm 42 and have been shooting a bow since I was 8-years-old. I have never gotten a robin hood. My son at 12, got two within a week of each other his first month of shooting. Some people are just more gifted than others. My teachers and parents always told me I was special, but I think they meant a different kind of special.

Okiebob and Sota like this.
  3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That guy needs to take up 3D shooting. That is amazing how he got in tune with the bow. After all, he had a good teacher! Thanks for sharing the story. We need more hunters!
    FWIW, my wife shot a X-bow for the first time last year. Robin Hood with the first and third shots at about 25 yards!

4. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think I would find an Olympic set up and see how he does. You never know..