***The Nasty Nines - Team 9***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by CToutdoorsman, Aug 15, 2016.

1. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dave don't forget to post to the scorecard page

2. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Let's go boys....the hunt is on.....25 mins till legal time and 2016 bow season officially begins.....sitting in a blind on a freshly cut corn field....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. My next 3 weekends are spoken for. My daughter playing in softball tournaments until the last week in October.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

4. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    One of a few reasons I'm kind of glad I don't have kids....

5. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I duo love watching her compete. She's a pitcher and is pretty darn good. Luckily I have 11 vacation days left.

6. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    I get it. We went back and forth on having a kid over the first few years, but after lots of money and tests, pretty well was told it wasn't gonna happen, so we moved on. We have our dogs and our nieces, good enough for us.... and holy ****, just had a bobcat scream what sounded like 10yds behind me, talk about sending chills....

7. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    I've had that happen too. Scared the crap out of me. Once out got light, I noticed several kittens
    They had a mouse and were meeting it go and catching it over and over. One of Coolest hunts I've had.

8. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yep same here. To much I want to do, and to worried kids would not let me afford them or be able to

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    Buck down today!

We had a cold front moves through last night that dropped the temp down into the low 40's so I knew it was the day to take off. It's also the last day that my main hunting area is open until December so that was just an added reason.
    My morning started out rough, I had everything timed out, except for going up the wrong draw... that put me way behind getting back on track....
    When I finally got to the area I wanted to hunt, I had the heck of a time picking out a tree in the dark but I finally settled on a tight barked black oak.
    Going up the tree could have been the nosiest time of my life. Those tight barked trees...
    I got up and settled in right at legal shooting light, way to late when I'm bowhunting, but I settled in for an all day sit.

I had more squirrels around me than I've ever had in my life, as well as 5 or 6 chipmunks so it's safe to say the woods were pretty loud and entertaining. About 9 I had 3 does come in, working along the ridge I was on. The came right up in my lap, but do to the thickness it took forever to get a shot op. Finally the 20 yard doe stepped out,but the 15 yard doe in the thickest stuff busted out... as did the rest... Oh well, I had deer in range. Always a good day.
    Then about 1030 I see a deer coming from the same area as the does, then I see its a buck, then I see its a buck I'll shoot, then he is in range, stopped at 26 yards quartered slightly to. Before I know it the arrow is on the way and he is running his life away! Then silence... What a rush!
    When I got down and found my arrow I was pretty nervous. Less than full penetration, broke arrow, broken nokturnal, but just a spot or two of nice bubbly blood.
    Feeling pretty confident in the shot, I start easing the direction he ran, looking out for blood but not finding any. After moving about 30 yards I hear a deer running away! Oh no! I jumped him I think.. but I know there's no way that deer isn't dead. I decide to go back to my stand and wait a but longer and hope that if I did jump it, it wouldn't go far and I could find it later. Walking back I went up on top of the ridge, I thought he had fallen off the side as he ran. And look what I found along the way!
    [​IMG]
    And the hero shot that's not very good..
    [​IMG]

10. Mr_BS

Mr_BS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back from dragging out a small LA public land buck. He ain't much by no means, but we're gonna enjoy eating him!

11. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Can't wait to see pics!

12. Mr_BS

Mr_BS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He's nothing special by no means. He appears to be a 2 year old and dwarfed the 4 other deer with him. The place I hunted is very hard to hunt and fool the deer. [​IMG]

13. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    Believe that falls under the category of a "Fergie" buck....congrats my man, enjoy the straps....been craving some fried back strap and biscuits for a while now....really need some meat in the freezer....maybe tonight....

14. Mr_BS

Mr_BS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea it does... I plan to split it between my family and an older friend of mine that's not able to hunt anymore but still loves deer meat. Gonna focus on getting my daughter her first deer over the next few weeks. This was my last weekend to hunt myself till Thanksgiving. I'm super excited about getting her back out after a deer again. We could quite seal the deal last year, but hopefully we can this year.

15. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Here's Tall Boy. This buck showed up on my property Sept. 28th for the first time. Since then I've had over 60 sets of trail cam pics of him all over my property. Last Saturday morning he stepped into my shooting lane at 33 yards, but I couldn't get a shot off. Tonight, he came into a rattling/grunting sequence and spotted my decoy from a distance. He blew at the decoy twice(before I ever saw him). I assumed it was just a doe, but just a couple minutes later he appeared and walked right into my decoy. I shot him at 12 yards. I guess I hit him just little forward, but not much from the footage. Anyways, he dropped in his tracks right there and it took another arrow to put him down. He's easily the toughest buck I've ever shot. He just didn't want to die. It was the most insane few minutes of hunting I've ever experienced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He's a beast. Congrats

17. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck, neighbor!

18. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    So, can we get an update on who has taken a buck and what they scored. Also if you have taken a doe yet.

Let me know if you have entered them into the scorecard.

19. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    I got a buck, entered it, 118 3/8

[​IMG]

20. Mr_BS

Mr_BS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got a "fergie" buck...