***The Mighty Bucks - Team 14***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by ATbuckhunter, Aug 16, 2015.

1. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol hopefully I can live up to your expectations. Last year I was only good for 170ish points.

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, Please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke, please don't let this be a joke.....

Hahaha, oh man, this team was already looking good then this V8 just got a healthy dose of frickin NOS!!!!

3. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lmao nope, not a joke. I have no idea what deer are running around my spots yet, waiting on my new USA cameras to come in this week so I can find out. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

4. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My OCD doesn't like the empty line down the center of this post...

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ... I hate you guys.

6. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This was the deer I was after last year, neighbor ended up killing him. He's the new No.2 typical archery deer in Kansas.

[​IMG]

7. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha nice, didn't even notice.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

8. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What an incredible buck

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

9. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I remember that buck, he's a monster and a half...make that two full monsters. Hopefully he has a big brother running around out there for ya and you take the #1 spot this year. I'd settle for #3,4,5...or 10. :lol:

10. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Actually there are 4....I must have a worse case of OCD than you do, ha!

11. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got a video of one 3 years ago that was about 180", and a buddy told me he was still around last year. Hes gotta be close to that size, probably a hair under though. I'd still shoot him :lol:

12. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Apparently your area has a habit of growing monsters, from the looks of the deer around over the country this year I'd say your chances are looking pretty damn stellar.

My biggest buck (so far) I have no idea what he'll score, I don't think he'll get out of the upper 160's but might touch 170 but has a wicked awesome double drop tine that's like two distinct looking tines but they share the same base and he has long main beams. I think he has at least 13 points, he has two, maybe three more that may end up being scorable but looks like they are likely to stay under an inch long...one is a drop tine starting on his other main beam. He's pretty awesome.

13. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We definitely have a pretty good shot at getting some big deer on this ground with this team. You never know what will happen.

14. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that's the way it goes. The deer I just mentioned I named Crossbow last year, he runs with a big eight point and they have already gone nocturnal at the feeder and camera. They come in at about 4:45am and are gone by daylight and then come back in at about 9:30pm. No doubt they are moving someplace in daylight though, the trick will just be finding that spot and meeting them there.

15. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys it's Sliverflicker not Silver-flicker. LOL. What a great team, can't wait for the season to start.
    Will be hunting Michigan and Kentucky this season might even get to go down and hunt Texas with my son Rutnutt.

CoveyMaster you got some great bucks there and I know my friend Cole has his eye on a few, How's that new pup doing Cole.
    Looking forward to knowing you all better as season goes by, and good lucK to all.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  16. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys BukFvr21 ( Chris ) checking in. This will be my second season doing this team contest. I really enjoyed it last year, getting to know all of my teammates. My background, I'm 29 and live in East Central Illinois. Been bowhunting seriously for about 15 years. The farm I hunt is 900 acres and we have really tried to manage it for big deer and we're seeing results. I'm really excited about this team. Covey, I have always enjoyed your trail cam pics, some of the best in my opinion.

17. Sliverflicker

Dislikes Received:
    There are 4 of them!

18. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Awe, than you very much for the compliment, I'm happy to have a lot of pics to share. I know my pics could be better, I don't spend any time worrying about fiddling with camera sets to maximize composure or anything, we just use them for management purposes. Obviously I'm a farmer not a photographer so I'm just happy if I don't have too many lens flares or weed and sky shots, lol. Love running the cameras though.
    Nice to meet you and absolutely thrilled to share a team with you this year! It sounds like you have a nice setup to hunt, Good job on management and getting results, it's one of the best feelings in the world. Hopefully we get to see some pics from ya. Welcome to the team!

19. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Sliverflicker, Silverflicker...I'm just glad you didn't choose Motherflicker as a handle. :lol:

20. Sliverflicker

Dislikes Received:
    LOL, when I was a kid, I was always shooting a bow in the yard, the neighbor started calling me Sliverflicker because of the wood arrows.