***The Huntsmen -Team 27***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Dunn County, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I added it to the score card, not many points. Wish I shot my Ohio buck first! Good luck everyone tagging some deer.

2. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Back at it next weekend. Hopefully I can get something down

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Suncrest. I did a afternoon hunt today. It was my least productive sit of the season. Had a pack of yotes come in about 3 PM. Two of the dogs may have been the biggest I have seen in a long time. I messed it up. I squeaked to much befre I was set to get a shot on them. I saw a tail of a dear about 5 PM. That was it... Dang moon!!!

4. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    Damn, I can't stand yotes. I missed one the other day at 35yds he was on the move. I did have an encounter with a awesome buck on public land in WV, had him at 25 yds for about 10 mins too thick for a shot he was the biggest buck I have ever had in front of me. Big 10 pt, he had it all wide, tall and heavy. Hoping I get another chance at him.

5. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that's something you're not going to forget soon. I know I wouldn't. Good luck if you can get after him again.

6. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    Good Morning Everyone!

So my plan is to get back out this weekend but it looks like the weather is going to be really crappy so it will probably be a friday night decision if I leave or not. I am not a fan of driving four hours just to sit in a house whens its going to thunderstorm most of the weekend.
    After that I have my Illinois gun tag to fill Dec 3-6. My plan is to get down early on that wednesday evening so I can get a bow hunt in. After the IL gun season its back to bow hunting for me. I am really hoping to get some points on the board for use soon.

Have a great thanksgiving everyone!

7. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna try to get out a few days over the holiday break before gun season comes in. I keep replaying that buck over in my head, it was awesome to see a buck of that caliber on the hoof, but upset I couldn't get a shot at him. If I don't connect this year hopefully he makes it till next! Good luck all!

8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hi All! Happy Thanksgiving early! I am still after them.

I am taking a little break from hunting over the next couple days and will back at it Friday and through the weekend. I am going to go brush in a blind this afternoon to prepare for the cold front we have coming through. My hope is that in combination with the cold snap, nasty weather, and going into a new moon the buck I have been hunting will make a mistake and show himself during daylight hours again.

The second rut should be right around the corner so it wouldn't surprise me if some new bucks show up.

I wish you and your families well and be safe if you are traveling for the holiday.

Jason

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Brushed in the blind. I hope it's good enough....

10. early in

Dislikes Received:
    That's a great brush in, I had to look twice! lol You do work at it.

11. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. It was real thick in there. Took me a bit just to get a foot print big enough for the blind. The furthest I can shoot is about 25 yards. I predict they will be right on top of me so I want to make sure I have it brushed in the best as I can. I also cut a nice exit route so I can sneak out of there. Finished it just in time. Going to rain, sleet, snow the next two days. Should knock my scent down pretty fast. At the same time I smelled like I had been in a hamster cage for three days when I got home. Those cedars are pretty potentate.

12. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Braved the weather today and sat for a PM hunt. It was really wet and icy. I ended up hunting in a thicket a few feet off the ground. I drilled a big ol' fluffy coyote at 4 PM. He ran off with my arrow in him. I didn't realize how hard it would be to track in that type of weather. He dropped my arrow about 100 yards from where I shot him and I never found him. I did hit him a little back. If he isn't dead he is going to have a real rough next few days. I only saw one deer. I think the crackling with all the ice may have had them laying low.

13. early in

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on ruining a yotes day! If he's not dead, he probably wishes he was! lol

14. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in! What is everyone up too? I am getting ready to hit it hard again for what I believe will be the second rut. Should be pretty good the next week.

15. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    Well I am down here at our old farm for the last day of the IL shotgun season. I have two does on the ground so far. I am probably gonna get back to my bow spot in two weeks and try to get a dang buck on the ground. Good luck all

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

16. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got the itch yesterday and went out for evening sit. I didn't see a single deer! May be one of the first times I have been skunked all year. :(

17. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hung a new set today. I guess I am going to try to kill Pretty Boy Floyd.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. early in

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck with that buck. He's a beauty!

19. henson59

Dislikes Received:
    I will be out with a bow this weekend. Should be a pretty good hunt because the highs all week have been in the 50's and the forecast highs for this weekend are in the mid 30's.

Gonna try to at least get a doe on the ground but I may even settle for a fergie buck if the right one walks by. After this I am not sure how much hunting I will be able to get in so hopefully I have some good luck.

20. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gun season ended here Tuesday. We have a cold front blowing through. I am in the stand as I type. Going to hunt this same stand again in the morning.