The hunt for Marco

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by FingerMike, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I run a bunch of Tascos, they are actually quite unbelievable for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FingerMike and Berwickbuckmaster like this.
  2. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    im in all Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck

3. FingerMike

FingerMike Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m going to have to go check out that camera! The more data the better! I wanna camera outside the buck bedding on the other side of the property and there’s a community scrape I wanna get one on as well which is where that first black and white pic of him is at. During the rut. Every big boy in town hits that scrape!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

dnoodles likes this.
  4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I get by far the most consistent decent quality pics on several of those wal-mart Tascos and a couple of older model cheapo Bushnells that actually may be the same manufacturer just sold under different brands. All of them were $40 or less.

Can't count on them to maintain the correct date/timestamps for crap, but they take good pics day or night.

Berwickbuckmaster likes this.
  5. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    Well I may have to invest in one because I just acquired another property today. Now on the map it doesn’t seem like much but it’s this perfect 100 yard wide by 800 yard plot That’s right off a giant plot of timber and the way the guy acted.. I don’t think anyone has ever asked him to hunt it. I figured everyone would be asking but thanks to some words from my good buddy Ryan, I decided to stop and see. And boom new spot! Image1625709602.353695.jpg

6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    good for you, Brother!

FingerMike likes this.
  7. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    Update to my search for Marco. I know there’s buck bedding on the other side of the property. Pretty sure they just use it during the actually deer season not the summer months but I am. Or 100% on that so I moved a one man stand close to it and set up a mineral site. Image1625968761.072820.jpg that side it about 50-60 yards from the thick bedding and my stand here is about the same distance. I tucked this stand up against a tree with some smaller trees around it. I think early season it’ll provide a lot of solid cover while in the later months of the year the limbs will help break up my shape Image1625968869.216720.jpg Image1625968885.472776.jpg so that’s my stand placement. With the buck bed actually to my back. ( won’t sit much in this kinda stand so I wanna use the tree to “hide” when they travel my direction.

I’m really hoping all this though and stand placement really work and that i get a chance at him but if not. Well it’s really helped drag out the deer season and I’m really enjoying it. These last two pics are the views from that stand and I’ll post a picture of where it’s located on the farm Image1625969472.058918.jpg Image1625969485.014098.jpg

These next two pics are some heavily used trails that I found leading to and from the bedding and from across the street Image1625969531.210706.jpg

You can’t tell but where my stand is is on a spot where the ridge doesn’t just drop off but slowly slopes off and the deer seem to love that spot. Trails worn down to the dirt. I’m excited about this spot becuse one year I got busted by every satellite buck and seen the big boy trotting off in the background all in about 3 minutes. But it really provided me with knowledge of where those bucks were all bedded and why they saw me. So now the stand is placed not where I am eye level at the bottom of the ridge but most the way up the ridge where everything infront os a little more down hill sloping. But still far enough away from the bedding that I believe I can slip in…. Somehow. Still working that one out.

8. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow bud! Im along for this ride! Youve come a long way in a few short years. Im excited to be able to share this journey with you! Im already imagining your photos after taxidermy on your wall! Good luck brother!

9. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks I really appreciate it! It’s been the help of good friends and people on here Thays for sure

Shocker99 likes this.
  10. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well said, I've been thinking the same thing! Now it's a good thing to be "like Mike"! Can't wait to see how this unfolds for you Mike!

Shocker99 likes this.
  11. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    Going to get some better deer attractants to try and pull some bucks in see what’s around. There’s a dead tree laying infront of the caverns so I put it on that

12. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've had alot of success with trophy rock and lucky buck

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FingerMike likes this.
  13. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    Trophy rock is what pulled Marco into the camera last season so hopefully he will smell this and come check it out. Or any decent buck at that lol

14. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    Well no sign of buck all together… guessing I won’t see Marco again until possibly October but I’ve acquired some really nice new properties… so the hunt for Marco may become the hunt for 150”+ lol I have the potential of bringing home a very mature buck if I play my card right this season

15. Trevor Clark

Trevor Clark Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That's one big buck

FingerMike likes this.
  16. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys today’s this guys 33rd birthday. And it just started with a new cell cam so there’s going to be another camera out on the hunt for my mature buck!

wibowhntr and Fix like this.
  17. GeminiRidge

GeminiRidge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, happy birthday. What cam did you get?

18. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    I got a second Spypoint micro cell cam. So they will both send to the same app. I like Spypoint offers a free hundred pics automatically. So I don’t need a plan to get at least some pics. Great for off season. They will both be unlimited this October and November

19. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    Update: scouted another section of woods today…. Actually two… with a 7 year old. Let just say I’m exhausted… but I have three cell cams out now and two new stands up. I gotta find some velvet now! Image1627762002.270098.jpg so to all who are reading take a look at the sign I found today and see if that’s where you would put your stand? I know have to judge without being there but the back line is a free trail and the property line and I can only go about well the red dot is the other properties tree stand to about that far In. Yells the main trails I found but it’s a pretty clear woods for the most part and he said up to 30 deer hit that alfalfa field nightly!!!!!! So any advice is taken seriously. My stand in the back corner drop off to where you can’t see the house and the print markers are the high point of that field.any other questions please just message and let’s figure this out together guys!! Booner time

20. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I’m just happy your running more cell cams now, should really help out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk