Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's amazing that we're less than 80 points away from last years total! I said waaaaay back, that we're gonna out-do ourselves. Let's do it.

Welcome back Uncle Dave. This whole ordeal was really bugging me. Whether we win or lose, let's do it as a Team. We love you man (I say, in my most masculine voice, trying not to sound :dan:) :)

2. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    100 pages guys... can you believe it... what a team!

3. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Indeed, what a team! But the reality of it, we need to keep our eye on the prize! It's the "points" that keep us together as a team! The points tell the the field, "catch us if you can!" and together, "yeah, we are that good!" They're not worth losing friends over, but we do need them. It's go time! GO with 100% confidence-like you are on the hunt's first day!

Are we not the greatest team assembled on the internet?

Dave, hang tough, we're good.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  4. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Who has plans to hunt? I was thinking of waiting until after gun season ended but after 4 days of not hunting I got the itch again. Next hunt will more likely be this coming Saturday if the weather is good.

PT.................from what I can see from the NEW YORK DNR website, 140 dollars is the fee for non-resident. It seems for that price you get a doe tag. Only thing I need to check is if they will accept a hunter education certificate/card from 1980 issued in North Dakota...................."no wise cracks about the 31 year old certificate please"))) I think it would be great if you and I could pound the woods in your area next year. Maybe Andrew will show some interest this off season and you can get him tagged up?

Dave

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, I would love to have you come out .... I wish I had better land to put you on, but we will still have a good time. The other thing that could be tricky is the land isn't wheelchair accessible and there is no handicapped parking :D

Well sitting here with a tag to burn is a hard place.to be ... last year was alot easier as I had both tags filled.early and I could just root from the sidelines .... pressure is on and this thing could come down to a doe ....

6. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When does your season end Tony?

7. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Gun season goes to December 11th and then from the 12th-20th is second bow/ML season

8. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    The World is in front of us. Make a plan, prepare, and then execute. Ask yourself, "what am I going to do?"
    Do not allow frustration to set in! Stay positive! Use us (Team 6) for support-let's bounce ideas around. Between everyone, we'll find the solutions.

Thirty seconds can change a season.

I too would love to hear the plans!

Scott, when do you hunt your new area?

9. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Colby,

Could you send me pictures of our two deer together, please?

Thanks!

10. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to try to slip out to hunt Friday afternoon then again on Sunday. The deer are starting to come out of hiding again after rifle season, they are piling into the fields so I'll be sitting the stands just off field edges from here on in. Hopefully I can catch a buck staging up waiting for dark before he heads out to feed.

11. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    These are the attitudes I like to see. Stay positive and let's win this its been awesome to be part of the greatest team.

Will do you want them emailed?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

12. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I noticed the last three days coming home from work there are a lot of deer in the fields feeding. That tells me there is not as much hunting pressure from the orange army as in previous years. Scott made an excellent post about "Big Buck Movement Theory???". This got me looking at my journals from previous years, specifically what I had wrote down from after Thanksgiving until the end of the season.

I will be darned if he has not hit on something here. I believe those bigger bucks are roaming far and wide looking for any remaining doe to be bred. I show for the last four years that I actually had more frequent sightings of bigger bucks after Thanksgiving. To be honest I never put it together until I saw Scotts post and checked my journals.

So my plan, to shoot a buck, I got two buck bow tags burning a hole in my pocket. BTW excellent post Scott...........one of those that make you go.......HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....Eureka !!!

Tony...........just got home from work, give me a few to chill then I will post up the Maryland non-resident fee and requirements for bowhunting. I too think it would be great to hook up, we could start out with you here opening day 15 Sept. for a few days, then I could come up your way for the opening on Oct 15th.

That would be way cool in my book. Also this way we will not have to listen to you cry about not being able to hunt until the middle of October..............oh yeah I almost forgot, if Bob get's loose you get to run him down and put him back in the pasture)))

Dave

13. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Tony.................130 dollars for maryland non-resident and 25 dollars for the bow stamp...total 155 dollars. This allows you to harvest ten doe and one buck, if you want the additional buck tag it will be another 35 dollars. Note: you must harvest two doe before harvesting a second buck. You must have an accredited hunter safety course certificate/card. They accept mine from North Dakota from 1980 so whatever New York has issued you should be fine.

Edit: Cheap shameless ploy to get you here next year Tony, "This is what is awaiting you in southern Maryland. Coming to a treestand near you, fall of 2012"))
    DSC00120.jpg

Dave

14. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will, I am going to call my friend after our gun season this weekend. Next Thursday-Sunday is Muzzy season, but you can also bowhunt (with blaze orange). As long as they don't have anyone out there with a muzzleloader I should be able to get a tour that Saturday. If this works out, I'll be in a stand there on the 11th.

If this farm is anywhere close to the stories from this area, then I am really on to something. I know of one 200" that was killed this year 10-15 miles from it.

15. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, glad to see you are back. I really want to see how your season finishes out. It's amazing what a few days off from hunting can do to get that fire lit up again.

I'm ready to tag a coyote or bobcat with my new rifle. A turkey bowhunt isn't out of the question in late December. I still have a doe tag, so that's another hunt I've got coming.

16. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  17. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Shadow, I held back our attack dog long enough. You know why your wolves are always running? They "FEAR the RUBY". Attack girl, get'em.
    ruby.jpg

I call her my hairy girlfriend)) She eats wolves for dinner and yotes for snacks, I am sending her your way Shadow)))

Dave

18. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome!

19. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Get'em Dave

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

20. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    I spent a good part of the day broadhead tuning my bow. I'm off to Washington State tomorrow, where mechanicals are prohibited. I'm dialed in, at least out to forty yards. I'm hunting Black-tailed deer for the first time. I'm excited to challenge a new area and a new species. I will be paying attention; I'll be all eyes and ears. I'm using this trip to gain information for a future Roosevelt elk hunt, God willing.

Matt, as temps drop, the buck will need to eat more to maintain the calories they're burning. They will also try to regain the weight lost from chasing/rutting. The field edges may be the ticket. Bundle up and hunt them hard.

Scott, only one way to test a theory. Knock em dead!

Dave, Grab the buck, I mean bull, by the horns! Bring it home buddy!

Everyone, pay little attention to the big bad wolves. History is dominated with stories of evil wolves and those teams and individuals which triumph over wolves...Red Riding Hood, Three Little Pigs, The Wolf and the Seven Little Kids, etc. Stay focused...keep your eye on the finsih line! Full steam ahead!