Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, like I said a while back you are my hero. After watching all you went through and are going through you inspired me to hunt more and longer than I had any season. You are still the man when it comes to this team. we may have a different captain in PT but you my friend are the inspiration that keeps this team going. Hang in there it will all be worth it in the end. Down the road this season may turn out to be your most memorable after all the adversity you've been through.

Clint

2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here are some photos from this past weekend's hunt:

Some of the landscape around the river bottom. Check out that deep furrow cut by the deer on their way to the alfalfa feild.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

one of the sixty deer I saw on Saturday morning
    [​IMG]

Here's Wiley after I shot him. I hit him a tad back and I could not finish him off. I lost my bow string (slipped off the the bow's lower cam). We came back later to finish him. Here he is dead. This is the third coyote I've arrowed and the first I have completely recovered. That's the exit side being shown. The Torrid SS ripped him up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My daughter and a friend's daughter were along for the hunt. Jon hunted with the girls on Saturday and I hunted with them on Sunday. Everyone got some quality time.

[​IMG]

This one cracked us all up....well duh!

[​IMG]
    You would only do it once!

Stay positive everyone. Let's keep pushing forward.

Dave, I hope you received my phone message. Again, I apologize. I meant nothing disrespectful your direction.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  3. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    things have been super slow for me. usually i get out on xmas (half day) but we play on xmas this yr, so thats shot, will shoot a few days before the season ends. my bad guys, i had two does in my sights earlier (bye week) this year and just put bad shots on em. not giving up though, keep pushing guys!

4. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dang it Isaiah you need to get a job where you can hunt more! :lol:

I was just looking at my schedule here and looks like I'll get 3-4 more hunts in this year. I am officially out of vacation time and my family requirements will increase as we get closer to Christmas. That basically means that I'm in fill the freezer mode, if it is brown it's down.

5. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    That's the spirit! Tackle each day you're in the woods like it was the season's first. Fill your heart and soul with complete anticipation! It'll happen with positive thoughts...and you'll stay in the tree longer.

Best of luck guys!

Isaiah, make sure we get together in Denver. I would really like to send you home with some elk meat.

6. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Am I the only one that wishes they would update the score card?

7. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haha I've been checking a lot too Matt!

I have about 10 days off from here to the end of the season. Unless I fill my 2 gun tags this weekend, then I will be in freezer mode for the remainder of the season.

8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't look behind you fellas......here we come.

[​IMG]

9. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Team 6 engage!

I'm thinking we are still up by around 100-150. Too close for comfort, looks like I'll have to get creative with my time at work...

I BELIEVE!

10. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Matt/Scott,

When he steps into your shooting lane, start silently singing this to him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKPoHgKcqag

Make it a love affair!

Keep your eyes on the finish line gents, Let's win this!

11. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL, Will, you are a nut!! :lol:

I also saw that Xtranormal skit for the first time, I must have been away and missed it. Man, I was cracking up!!

Matt is right, I thought we had a bigger cushion. That is way too close.

Let's finish strong guys, I BELIEVE, Let's Rock and Roll!!!!!!

12. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We definantly have some work to do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we have 3 does left to kill and 6 bucks. I usually had 3 to 4 days to hunt a week at my old job, but that is simply not possible at my new gig. I WILL hunt as hard as I can with my time remaining.

We can and we will finish these last 6 weeks out strong.

13. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    I see the score card was updated, at least with the deer entered to date. I know there are a few more deer that haven't been entered, Dubba's, youngfart's and shed's for example. Then, there are a few entries which need more info, like Peakruts. I also see a few "suspect" entries which were given a pass (rules were bent). I doubt the latter will effect us much; we'll see how things shake out in the end.

Yep, three does and six bucks remaining for Team 6. It would be awesome if we placed the remaining nine deer in the bag!
    We're 79 1/8 points away from last year's score. With that said, I seriously doubt 1153 point will be good enough to win the contest this year. We need to pour it on!

I believe!

14. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    OK, after two and a half days I feel I should respond now that I have had time to think this through. I have sent a PM to the administrator of the contest asking about the issues involved in removing me from the team. I asked a series of questions of him to see were the team would stand if I asked to be removed. The responses I got back are between me and him, I will tell you that any points entered by me for Team 6 will stay.

After getting his response I decided to wait and have a talk with an old trusted friend for his take on the situation. He has taken the time over the last two days to read every single post this year on the team thread, he called me today and we spoke for 45 minutes about it. His comments were " I can see why you may have thought what you did, however I believe you may have overreacted a little". I trust his judgement and advice.............................So with that said, here is my comment on the entire situation.

Colby, I will accept your explanation in your text, the wording of your post was not done well. My opinion of course but hey you know what they say about opinions.

Will, The Defeatist comment really hit me to the core of my soul. I still believe that it has the meaning I initially thought. You were aware me and Colby had been texting, you were also aware I was telling him about the property and the gun season woes I faced. When you put your post along with the text I had with Colby the last few days....................well?

Will, I also got your phone message, I did not return your call at the time. It would have not been pretty, trust me, I know me and you did not deserve to hear my rage. I will accept the apology in the message you left. I still consider you both friends, will we have the same relationship as we had before? That remains to be seen.

For now I am remaining as a member of team 6, if we win this thing again, I will re-evaluate if I want to stay here or not.

For everyone else who responded to these post, YES.......I took it upon myself to continue hunting while my body screamed no. Yes....I made the decision not to shoot a smaller buck and hold out for something bigger. All decision made be me, however I must be honest I felt some undue pressure to not go the route of shooting the first legal buck. As my friend pointed out on numerous occassions I posted that I was hurting bad and needed to shoot anything, subsequent post by certain members on the team encouraged me not to and hold out. Will............this is why the Defeatist comment really burnt me hard. It seemed I made a decision to hold out eventhough It was not in my best interest health wise, then I was called a "Defeatist" for complaining about my hunting woes.

So were do we go from here? I am here and still a member of Team 6. I will continue to support/encourage/lend advice as needed. Like I said before, what the future holds for me and Team 6 is still up in the air. I am confident those of us involved can get past this, it will just take time.

Dave

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  15. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds Like a plan Dave... Stick with us buddy...

I know Will fairly well at a personal level... You won't find a better person... His heart is pure gold...

I've had a quote in my Sig for probably around 2 years now, that was posted by Duke... I truly believe every word in that sentence...

Don't let this contest change the way you hunt... I don't care if you shoot a spike(if that legal) I'll be the first to congratulate you and So will Every other person on this team...

Them telling you to hold out for something bigger was nothing but Encouragement as you were getting down on yourself...Rightfully so... but it was nothing but encouragement... I could see it. I promise you they would NOT have been disappointed in the least bit, if you drug a spike out of those Maryland woods...

16. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Dave,

For the record, I will swear on a stack of Bibles, on my Mother, and on everything I hold dear and sacred. My defeatist comment was never directed towards you. Again, it was a general statement. You can take this for whatever it's worth.

Gun woes, sorry Dave, I'm in the dark.

I am glad to see you back. Let's drive forward.

Feel free to call.

17. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Dave I'm glad to see you back in the biggest way possible. I am confident I speak for everyone here when I say who gives a crap about the points, I don't want to lose you as a brother, a friend and as a mentor.

18. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dave glad to see you back buddy again sorry I posted so poorly. We would not be the team we are without you

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

19. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, thanks for the comments. Tonight I was thinking about my father and something he use to say "Sometimes we just got to get out of our own way". His meaning was, sometimes we think to much of ourselves and push our beliefs and standards on others. With that said, I openly apologize to Will and Colby for my immediate reaction. I know better and should have talked with them in private before airing it for all to see. In my eyes I showed total disrespect to these two gentlemen and for that I apologize.

Just be warned that is all the sucking up I am doing)))

Dave

20. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk