Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I came I saw I conquered

Matt did you give in to your wifes advances?

Just kidding.

Nebraska has been amazing and o met some people that are the salt of the earth and reassure me our great ways of life will go on. These are some of the friendliest people I've met. They are all just like Will wonderful to be around.
    I hope I didn't annoy him to much and get the pleasure of hunting with him again. It's been an awesome weekend.
    Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

2. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    uploadfromtaptalk1322420753225.jpg

My two new friends that found my dead doe. Will and I were following a blood trail (Will was following it I couldn't see all the little drops he did. No more jokes bout old guys). The owner turned these two trackers loose down wind and they ran right to it it was amazing.

3. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Every time Colby!

Not sure what hasn't been posted yet other than Will's doe but it looks like we have the lead. Look's like we will be sitting at 1074 3/8 after Will gets his doe posted. Looks like team 27 is around 860 and I know team 1 has Dustin's deer that haven't been posted that together will be over 200 which puts them right in the 875 range.

Long story short, us that have tags left need to stick with it and do what we can to help the team. Realistically I'm probably in the same boat as Scott, maybe a 5% chance of getting a buck at this point. I tried like hell but just didn't have the right one walk by my stand. I'll get a few more hunts in during the late rut, weather permitting, hopefully I can put myself in the right spot.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  4. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go, Colby!!!!

Matt, as I see it, we have around a 200 point cushion ... not much, that's for sure ..

5. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the update Matt I was curious where we stood. 200 points isn't enough cushion we aren't asking for wall hanger bucks, Scott and Matt your percentages should be a lot higher 5% just put a Damn buck down it doesn't have to be a wallhanger.

6. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Matt we stopped for gas in Cheyenne Wy a girl from South Dakota was getting gas and she was beautiful. Long story short I gave Will my bow, does, and all my gear ill send ya'll wedding invitations soon

7. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sat this evening as saw nothing((

Dave

8. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I did check my cameras today. 2 of my cams were dead on batteries, 1 had a bad card in it, and the 4th had a lot of night pics, but no shooters.

Dec. 10th is my next free day to hunt with my Mathews in hand. However, I am going to check out that new property the first chance the farmer can meet me there. Hopefully this farm lives up to the same reputation as the county it is in....and hopefully I can finally get some sits in there instead of just talking about it lol

9. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Colby, here you and Will been telling me to hold out for a nice buck. Now that the competition is close your telling us it does not have to be a wall hanger? Never dictate to a team member what to shoot regardless of the competition. That seriously pisses me off............................and I am not kidding.

Dave

10. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The contest is for fun ... everyone shoot what they would if there was no contest ... have I hunted differently cuz of the contest ..... yes, but I won't kill something that I wouldn't be proud of .... as far as calling out your teammate .... I think we need to chill out .... it's just deer hunting

11. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It IS just deer hunting! I've stated all along that 30 seconds can change an entire season-that, "it's simply a matter of being out there." I think everyone can appreciate all the hard work and dedication given by each and everyone one. Let's leave the chance percentages and the pessimism somewhere else-neither belong here. Stay focused, hunt with both your head and your heart. Do so and we will prevail! Everyone has to believe! That's what makes champions CHAMPIONS! BELIEVE!

Dave, yours has been a season of inspiration. Keep inspiring! As a leader during the lows in combat, don't get pissed. Instead, grab your troops and inspire them to lace their boots a little tighter-go a little farther/harder! A defeatist is a tough act to follow. If you ask me, I think Colby is seeing a bit of this. Please, keep in mind what this kid just did to help our cause... I can guarantee, if he wouldn't have been there, then his chance to get a doe in Colorado would have been zero percent! He did what he had to do...just saying. He's all heart.

I'm ready for a group hug.

12. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still having fun, I think Colby was just jabbing at us. I don't lower my standards for anyone except maybe my freezer...

I am hugging my IPad now! ;-P

13. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Nice response Matt. That's the way it should be. You do believe though, right?

14. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    DEFEATIST? Tell my wife that. Tell my sons that. Tell my doctor that. I told PT I would not post any further but this I will not let go. I have stood on a 18 X 24 foot platform with a broke foot for three months. I have hobbled miles on a broke foot with pain that I can honestly say most folks would not have even tried.

I darn near stabbed myself 2 weeks ago hobbling through the woods and tripping, you dare throw the word DEFEATIST in there.

Part of being a leader as you call it Sir is knowing when to speak up, even when the topic is uncomfortable for all. I am really dismayed by Colby's post telling folks to just shoot a deer. I more dismayed and perplexed by your defeatist comment. I appreciate Colbys effort but in that same regard it does not give him or any other team member the right to tell another to just shoot a deer, basically we need points. This is how I saw his post.

Since we will disagree on this topic I will make this easy for you. I will no longer post to this team thread, I obviously do not get the humor in any of the last few post.

Dave

15. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Nobody called you a defeatist Dave. On the contrary, I called you an inspiration and a leader. I stated, "A defeatist is a tough act to follow." It was never implied that you are that person. That was meant to be a general statement. I am sorry, but I think you took it the wrong way.

Defeatism is when a person preceives a less than perfect future outcome. Is Colby seeing this? Can you see how this would be a tough pill to swallow after just doing what he did?

16. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man Dave don't do that, it makes me sick that you would even consider it. You have truly been an inspiration to me this year! More than a couple times I've told buddies about how much adversity you fought through this year and yet stuck with it all the way. Any time someone I know has complained about how tough they have it I bring you up. Without exception their reaction is the same, holy crap he is hardcore! I have hunting buddies that ask how you have been doing.

Dave you are the man! We need you!

17. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, buddy, as a neutral observant to these last few posts... don't take it so seriously, You've been the most persistent hunter on this team with the odds stacked well against you... and we've been behind you 110%, Pushed you when you didn't want to go, encouraged you when you did. You've come to the conclusion, your going to shoot the first legal deer you can... You came to that conclusion, no one else... and You're giving it everything you got. Nothing is asked of you... Your part of this team like anyone else...

The contest comes in last... but we truly have the greatest team that could ever be assembled on an internet forum... and I'm not kidding about that... Your part of that team... stick with us... Call out someone if you have too... get out... resolve issues and press on... That's what great teams do...

You think Aaron Rogers doesn't give a few words to his Line when he needs more time? You think those wide receivers don't say anything to Rogers when they need a better pass... of course they do... Communication is key... if you got something to say... say it. But we are brothers... with the utmost respect for each other... and if you don't agree with what someone said... that's fine... But in this specific instance... I wouldn't take it so seriously I don't think Colby wants anybody to shoot what they wouldn't be happy with... What I saw was, Not to be pressured to kill a Magnum sized buck for the contest... just Kill... I don't think he meant for them to lower their standards.

PT needs to shoot a dang doe is all I have to say.... :D

18. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Spot on!

19. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dave you are the man this year. You could have just called it a year after any one of your setbacks, but you carried on. You sir are an inspiration to us all.

Will has told us all season to be there for those 30 seconds that make or break a season. We will not find that sitting on our couches during the late season. My lack of hunting time from here on out is based on work, rather than lack of desire to be out there.

My standards are still the same....to put my tag on an animal that makes my heart race as he comes in. All 12 of us have made a great team, and down the stretch is where we need to stick together.

20. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I'm pulling over cause this is getting out of hand taken wrong due to my sick since of humor and being jacked up on mountain dew.

I didn't mean just go shoot any deer if it doesn't make u happy don't shoot it. What I should have said is don't hold out for a 160 if all you have are 105's.

I didn't mean to start a fight. A team implosion would crush us. Dave your a trooper and inspiration as has been stated many times. I appologize for not explaining better. The last thing I want is for anyone to quit cause of me.

This is the best team win or lose. I consider all of you great hunters and my role models. Dave I love our conversations and being able to joke around with each other. If I took it to far I appologize. Call me if you want to talk buddy