Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. Will I used a computer program so maybe I wrote something down wrong when transferring it.

2. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Way to Go Clint!! Congrats Man!!

3. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome Clint!! Way to go man, nice buck! Glad to see your hard work paid off.
    :rock:

p.s. Will is right on, it's 97.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  4. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am up and heading to the woods. Goodluck to everyone.

Dave

5. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I got the Will/Colby curse................I am after any legal buck and once again all I saw was a 2 inch spike buck. Stupid deer walked in from behind me and 13 yards off my left. Stood and drew and him then I realized he was not a legal buck. Darn you Colby and Will, you cursed me with small "not legal" buck syndrome.)))

Mr. Thomas grandsons were shooting up the farm at 0830 hunting tree rats. Decided this morning was a bust after that. I will be trying again this afternoon.

Edit: Now you two have my wife in on it. She said "hold out, I got a feeling a 120+ deer is gonna give you a easy shot real soon."

It is a conspiracy, you all are out to get me !!!)))

Dave

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  6. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I see that as good thing Dave, a supportive and positive wife is a real blessing.

7. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. I edited my post to 97. Going out tomorrow to help my brother in law in case he gets a deer. Will be nice to sit back and relax. I'll probably see the biggest deer in my life now. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Good luck those that go hunting and be safe.

8. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Clint congrats again.

Dave haha good luck these next couple days hope I have service in Nebraska so you can keep me entertained

Happy Thanksgiving everyone be safe in your travels and enjoy some friend and family time. Can't wait for tomorrow to spend sometime with one of my bowhunting brothers

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

9. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sick as a dog today. Came down with a terrible cold, but I'm going to make it back out there eventually....

Congrats again Clint, he's a great buck!

Let's keep after it guys, things should be pretty tight when the new standings come out.

10. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Scott, goodluck finding that buck, most important take care of yourself.

Dave

11. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Scott and Colby. Good luck and keep at it.

12. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Happy Turkey Day!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

13. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Happy "Let's be Gracious Day" everyone! I got up this morning and butchered the two deer I shot in Missouri. I packaged it all up and then delivered it to a single father who has come on hard times. While I was butchering, I deep fried three 10 pound turkeys (yummy stuff in less than 40 minutes each). I shared one with a neighbor, the single father, and keep one for my own family.

I love days like today. There is so much for which we all should be thankful-family, friends, faith, freedom, and those who have died protecting that freedom. With every ounce of My heart I say, THANK YOU.

Dave, my brother, thank you for hanging tough! Scott, you too!

Colby, thank you for being the glue among men. You are indeed a welcome addition to Team 6! I look forward to the weekend and all the events which occcur during it.

PT, thanks for staying in the hunt...and harrassing the other teams. It's been a hoot, really!

NY, Clint, Isaiah, Fred, Reese, Aaron, and Matt- You guys are the greatest! Thank you for sharing your lives with me. I love coming in here and experiencing everyone's trials and tribulations. You guys are truly brothers! Thank you!

Let's win this thing! Let's keep a good thing going!

Enjoy the day with your families!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  14. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back in. I'm not positive, but I think I watched my buck run across the neighbors food plot. A big 9 pointer, but I did not see any type of wound through my binocs. This was about a 1/2 mile from where I shot.

Can't look tomorrow, so I may try to make it out Saturday morning. Still one last area I want to search over. After that it's pray for news that the neighbors find him.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy the time with your family.

15. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Just got home and had a GREAT Thanksgiving dinner, man can my wife cook up a storm. This evening I hit the north middle stand as I call it, about 15 minutes before light ended I had a small doe fawn and momma come in off the hill eating acorns. About 1 minute before last light the big 9 I overshot earlier this year was heading down the hill. He got about 60 yards out and I drew on the large doe to see if I could even attempt a shot. NO GO( could not even see the pin through the peep.

Decided before he came any closer and I got locked in the stand sitting there I hissed at the doe and they walked up the hill. The 9 turned to meet them and starting harrassing them. If I had another few minutes of shooting light I am sure he would have closed the distance. Oh well, thats hunting. I will be back in stand tomm. morning.

Dave

16. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Iamyourhuckleberry glad i could brightin your day :rock: my brothers leaving in the morning but he comes back late december even though deer seasons over ima take him grouse hunting and maybe he will be hooked who knows lol and scott maybe he lived and you'll get lucky and have another go with him keep ypur head up Dave stay on that 9 i got a feeling you'll get him

17. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Up and heading to the woods in a few. Goodluck everyone hunting and or looking. Colby, be safe driving to meet up with Will.

One thing I noticed is since I am not wearing the boot stabilizer I can not stand as long in stand. I usually make it about 20-30 mins then have to sit to rest the foot. Maybe I should just sit the entire time until I see something coming, do not want to mess my foot up again. Gun season opens tomm. morning, I hope I get a shot today. After Saturday I will be lucky to see a deer.

Dave

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  18. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Colby, I sent my addy info to your PM box.

Stay positive Dave, stay positive. Stay sitting....good luck!

I'll do my best to bring Colby back in one piece...he's young, strong, handsome, and seemingly invincible. But he hasn't seen or been around Nebraska women before. I'm worried one will stuff him into a pocket of his own Wranglers if he says "no" to her advances. We have two sayings out here. The first goes like this, "In Wyoming, men are men and women are men too!" The second, "In Nebraska, men are men and women are three men. When they want something, they take it!" Thank goodness I'm beyond the rooting age! Anyway, I'll get plenty of pictures to share!

19. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I saw nothing this morning, at 0915 I had three coon dogs pass by and two hunters about 5 minutes after that, They were arguing because they could not catch the dogs and wanted to go home. Funny as heck, they walked 40 yards from me and never noticed I was there. I will be back at it this afternoon, I pray for any legal buck to walk by in range, tomm. gun season starts........iiiccckkkkkk !!!

Will, work Colby hard. Make him hang every stand, drag all the deer. Ah Heck, make him carry your bow and backpack to your stand for you. Tell him he has to, it is Nebraska version of earn a deer program))))

Dave

20. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Will and Colby knock down some does.

Everybody else don't give up, we have to keep this great team together.