Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Apollo: you wanna ring the bell or should i?
    Rocky: you can ring it...
    Apollo: Ding Ding!

here we go boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They figured the only way to beat us was to outnumber us.... It's gonna take more than 2 per team!!

3. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What's going on guys!!!
    Made it out to one property for a quick peek to check some cams and set up ground blind. Season opens up here on the 1st of Sept, but........with temps in the 80's its not lookin like I am goin to do any evening hunts soon. I have a gravel pit on that property that holds a fair amount of water, might put a set up on one of the trails leading to it.
    On the public land up here its lookin pretty bleak on the deer population, lower numbers, does with only 1 fawn, not the twin fawns we have been seeing up here over the last few years.
    Are we going to get 2 additional members? or a handicap? I know I know, PT is enough of a handicap for us LOL I am kidding PT. Anyone else getting stands up ? Scouting? Been out of the loop most of the summer from ya guys, damn tourist industry.
    Lets do this fella's!!!!!!

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is that the torch leading the champions into the battle field?

6. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys, here is the deal. I know you guys are short two, and I haven't forgot about ya! This is the situation. We had two members sign up (be it accidentally, or purposely) twice into the contest- once early on, and again as the deadline was approaching. So there were 2 members occupying 4 spots on 2 teams. That no worky. Team 27 and 28 each had 13 members, while everyone else, excluding you guys, had 12. So I move a member each of 27 and 28 and subsititued them on the teams that had a ghost member (the contestant who signed up twice). So as of now all teams, except you guys have 12 members.

Here in the next day or so I will run an alternate's thread and you guys will get the first two who sign up. Last year we had 12 or so alternates sign up, so I have no doubt we can get you guys two more teammates. With Facebook and Twitter, it's likely will get enough to field another team, so I wouldn't worry. Then again, there are members who signed up for the contests, but likely won't report to their teams. So there are still a lot of moving pieces out there, but don't worry you guys will get your 12 members! You have my word.

BTW, congrats to Will on a great hunt and pictures! We've got to share a hunt someday, my friend. What works for you antelope, muleys?? :D

7. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No Problemo, Cuz ... we are very patient ;)

8. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the response Cody!

I've been tweaking stands, reading over maps, and trying to find what else I can still do.

Trail cameras have been DEAD! Literally, just dead batteries every time I turn around. Never had it happen this bad before, so I'm kind of curious???

I have been getting a lot of bobcat pics which is VERY unusual for around here. Before this year I had only seen a couple, and only had a few pics. Now it seems like they are everywhere, and they are protected here as well, so no hunting them.

9. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Scott, I hunt a little spot in Jackson Co, and see cats regularly these past few seasons. It's too bad they're not huntable, I could have smoked a couple of them already!
    I also have heard something roaring like you wouldn't believe (recorded it once). I'm assuming it's bobcats, or else I have a grizzly or sasquatch roaming around!
    Ever heard anything like that by you?

10. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes guys, it looks like we'll have our work cut out for us this year. No slacking off! We know they're coming, so let's give them the run they're looking for. Hunt hard! Let's get-r-done!

Thanks Cody. I say, come for deer, elk, and antelope all during the same 7 to 10 days of hunting. Or, we can go after them one at time until you have all three (maybe a few more-bear, sheep, goat). It's your choice. Plan it! I'm here for you.

I went out tonight after work. I let a doe and a small fork pass. I really want to use my single Colorado tag on a monster. I'll be back out tomorrow and Thursday.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  11. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Cody, we definitely appreciate all the hard work that goes into putting something like this together!

12. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys, found you an 11th. Nybowhunter 17 should be reporting to your team soon. His name got lost in the contest list and you guys are picking him up!

13. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys i got put on your team cuz i was missed on the list

14. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome NY! Give us some info about you...

15. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome NY, we all know each other but I'll do a quick bio so you can get up to speed on me.

My name is Matt, 37, married with 2 kids and live in Lincoln, NE. I have a phobia of shooting does. I have a couple pretty solid farms that I get to hunt, no giants on camera so far this year but I'm sure they will produce. I've been hunting my whole life but realitively new to bowhunting compared to most of these guys.

16. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Greetings from Colorado NY. Welcome to our band of brothers!

When I hear, "Will, Huck, or Dipstick" my ears perk up; I usually answer to all these names.
    I am 50 years young and still enjoying my youthfulness, I am married, and my wife and I have a set of irish twins (an eleven year old huntress and a ten year old hunter-10 1/2 months apart in age) I live at the base of the Rocky Mountains. I humblely consider the world to be my bowhunting playground-thanks to some very special/awesome friends! I truly love sharing my adventures with the guys here, hope you do not mind me rambling when I do. I also enjoying hearing from them! This is a wonderful campfire around which we converse prior to and upon journey's end. I look forward to your accounts/encounters!

17. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  18. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    alright,My names nathan im 17 im from upsate ny and i started bow hunting last year and never got nothing .So this year i got more into it and bought alot of gear practice more ,planting clover plots , and scouted more . So hopefully my new z7 xtreme will take down a brute this year.
    p.s. is there a way i can find team 6's page faster and not have to look for it on new posts

19. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Bookmark it? I always come through the forum so I can see what else is going on.

As I said before welcome to the group, we have a great group of guys with a lot of knowledge so don't be afraid to speak up if you are run into anything you need help with.

20. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Nathan
    Glad to have you on board!!!
    Any questions just ask, tons of knowledge around here man.
    Cheers
    Reese