Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Scott! When I saw that you posted I thought it was going to be of your deer. LOL.

Find that buck buddy!

2. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    good luck scottie!

3. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wish I was posting some better news.......

Walked about 4 hours tonight with my cousin and a buddy. We went ahead and followed the blood trail we had marked off, hoping that maybe we could find my arrow in the daylight, but no luck. The rain really screwed me, and any blood was well gone. We got to the last blood we found and just started zig zagging through the creek bottom. We finally got to that CRP field, and covered nearly every inch of it. Did find 2 very large beds, but it's hard to say if it was him. We went ahead and jumped up on top of the hill and literally crawled through a bedding area, and jumped 4 does out of it. The creek we were searching by was flowing pretty good, and up a lot higher than normal with all the rain. If he had died in there last night, he would of been covered up, or pushed into one of the many log jams in it.

We kept going, searching brushy hillsides, more CRP and farther down the creek bottom. Went back to last blood thinking maybe he circled back up a big hollow, but found nothing. Crossed a field and dropped down another hollow and a brushy ditch that runs out of it, but no luck in there either.

I have a few other areas that I can check out, but I will only have about an hour to look tomorrow after work. I will hit it hard Thursday morning before we eat Thanksgiving dinner, and again Friday after work. If I haven't found him by then I'm going to call it off.

I am completely amazed that we did not find a piece of my arrow. I'm guessing I got into the shoulder, but I would think that if it didn't get through it, then the arrow would of fallen out , or been broke off shortly after the shot. I'm not going to give up yet, but it does not look good...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  4. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Where we were walking was mainly on our neighbors property. I owe him a huge thank you for letting us tromp through a good portion of his woods.

While we were walking through the creek bottom we found A LOT of rubs. I mean 30-40 rubs scattered over a 200 yard stretch. I counted 7 of them that were on pretty good sized trees. Here's a pic of one on a tree about 6" in diameter...

[​IMG]

This isn't too far from my stand, and isn't too far off from where my cousin killed his big buck at during gun season. My cousin also said that the neighbors son, and another guy each killed wall hangers on the other side of the creek earlier in the month. Definantly a lot of deer using this spot.

5. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Scott that sux buddy but keep your head up i'm glad you are still willing to look for him. It still wouldn't surprise me if you find him somewhere. With the bubbly blood you had to of hit lung and if he goes very far he will get that arrow out. Thats what makes me think he is down somewhere and dead. Good luck hope you recover him.

6. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    That's the worst part man, is I think there is still a chance he is laying dead out there and I can't find him.

I just keep playing it over in my head. No excuse other than I choked on the shot.

7. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Really sorry to hear that Scott. Nobody likes to lose a deer but unfortunately, it happens. Non hunters don't realize how hard this sport can be, and how tough these animals really are!

Best of luck with the final search, wish I could help

8. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Couldn't sit at home any longer.

Came back out to the farm, and I'm sitting in the middle of a field trying to listen for coyotes.

9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Scott ... Rob talked about dogs ... I have had personal experience with Deer Search and I have seen them find my brothers buck a few years ago ... if that is an option, I would do it in a second ...

10. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How effective could it be with all the rain he's had... just curious.

Dang I hope you find him... Text us if you get bored out there scott, we here for ya buddy.

11. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    These guys have seen it all .... if you call them, they will tell you what the possibilities are .... it's free as they work on donations (obviously if they come out you want to give them something) .. to not call if they might be able to help doen't make much sense IMO .... they are all great guys ...

12. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Scott hope you find him he is dead I know it

PT where ya been buddy.

I heard from Will tonight he was Kansas city on his way home.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

13. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Scott.....................Way to keep looking, I agree with Colby, there is a dead deer out there somewhere.

Dren......................Keep hunting buddy, your trophy awaits you.

Colby/Will...............Doe down by 0900 Saturday, right?)))

PT..........................Got bow?

NY..........................have not heard from ya, what is going on buddy?

Everyone................Hang in there, let's finish strong.

I will find out today the verdict on my foot. It actually feels pretty darn good. I am praying it is just a little sore due to me walking on the side of it to keep pressure off the center of my foot. If the doc says no more hunting then I am done, or so he and the wife thinks.)))

Never give up folks, never say quit. I for one am going to fight to the end !!!!

Dave

14. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Colby ... I bees here .... Dave .... no Coke .... Pepsi......Scott ... release the hounds

15. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What the heck does a coke or pepsi have to do with anything PT? I think having that gun in your hand for a week has warped your mind, would my good friend "The real PT" please come back)))

Dave

16. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    SNL quote ..... Coke = bow : Pepsi = gun :)

17. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tony, I got it. If you ever get the chance to hit that joint do it, food is edible service sucks, gotta love it.

Went out yesterday afternoon after some meetings, I did pass a small buck at 15 yards... twice. I just couldn't bring myself to shooting him, sorry guys.

18. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys,

I made it home late last night and got the team update from Colby and Scott while driving. Congrats on the doe Tony.

While in Missouri, I had zero cell service or internet access. Being in the dark sucked! I so wanted to hear how everyone was doing. Especially since other teams are creeping up on us.

My hunt went pretty well. On the second night and with only three minutes of legal shooting light, I put away the bow and used a rifle to kill a Missouri flattop. I was told to do so by the farmer, Richard Wies. He said, "If you don't kill some of these corn eaters, my share cropper won't plant a crop next next year". At that point, I wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. I dumped her with a single shot from 100 yards. It was nice to know I could still handle a gun.

The next morning, a ten pointer walked past me; he was deep into the woods. I waited for a window through the brush and then I cracked him. Cross "a good representation of the species deer" from Missouri off my bucket list! 21 states down and 29 to go (unless I use Obama's 57 states).

[​IMG]

Scott, stay positive.

Dave, good luck with the foot.

Pt, I saw one buck chasing this weekend-that was it. That buck, an eight pointer, was killed by Doug Morland. It was Doug who invited me to hunt with him in Fayette, Missouri. While there, I was lucky enough to have dinner with Missouri Greg (Greg Skaggs). Greg ,in person, is the delightful person I thought he would be.

Colby, Be ready...be really really ready! We have some work to do!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  19. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Matt ... hunt for you! Way to pass up the buck you didn't want .... I have been using a gun this week cuz I wanna :) ....Will ... Congrats on the buck and doe!!!Dave .... camo cast ... make sure you ask for it!

20. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    +1 on the camo cast dave. (Or blaze orange for Will & PT. Just kidding)

Will I'm ready to go I've packed my bags a couple times always adding something new and shooting my bow. I will keep shooting throughout Turkey day and see what my girlfriends dad (PSE Dealer) tries to make me buy. He thinks I should take a new Evo to Nebraska but I'll stick with my madness xs.

Dave good luck at the Doctor today.

Everybody we need to put some deer down and more points on the board there are seems teams creeping past us. I show us in third right now so we need to pick it up.