Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nothing at all shoulda went south owell im actually thinkin since gun opens saturday and i broke my browning auto 5:( i may bring the z7xtreme in the woods that is if my dad doesnt get me a 30-30 he promised this week..

2. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Will, that made up for not seeing a shooter. Not often you get to see a mature buck that long and that close. The white skunk got me really fired up. Not often you seen a critter like that. He's high up on my list now. Gotta get my traps ready now.

For those that are questioning bow hunting during the rifle season. I shot a real nice one during our combined season. Rifle hunters like to walk around a lot and push deer. The deer don't notice the orange in the trees either just scent down like usual.

Good luck guys this and next week. I'll be communicating with Colby and PT while hunting the coming 10 days starting Friday.

Dave, you are my hero for sticking it out the way you do.
    Scott, I know that big one is just around the corner.
    Ny, can't wait to see the buck you are going to shoot.
    PT, get that doe.
    Everyone else I know you can do it.
    Colby, get ready for Nebraska.

3. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    NY take the bow buddy represent TEAM 6 TINEACIOUS style we don't need no stinking guns. Good luck buddy

Clint can't wait to see what you all you get to see in that 10 day span. Thanks for the pics of the bedded buck and your scenery is awesome. Good luck with the Albino skunk I think thats a good Omen and would make an awesome mount.

4. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday evening I decided in a fit of frustration at not being able to be mobile I had to devise a contraption. So, me and the boys went to the garage and man-o-man did we come up with a simple easy fix. We took some thick black nylon rope and some old green garden hose, tied that to the foot portion of the climber on both sides. Then we tied a peice of black nylon rope to the two other peices so I can reach it without bending down to far and it allows me to pull the foot section out and up from the tree by hand. Took the climber to the tree in the back yard and WAM !!!........................I was 25 feet up in no time flat.

Ran home tonight after work and grabbed one of my boys,headed to the farm and he carried the climber into the woods. We set it up on a trail and rubline I found a week and half ago. I climbed 25 feet up and down twice with no pain to my foot. hopefully this crazy plan pays off this weekend))) I should have taken pictures, maybe when I go out this coming weekend I will.

Dave

5. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Dave thats awesome I love how your faced with in obstacle and slap it in the face to find a way keep on trucking your my hero man.

6. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Pictures I took this afternoon of the trails these bucks are moving on. Top orange line is trail coming out of a bedding area were the doe hang out, it is about 100 yards away. Bottom orange line is directly off my left shoulder which leads to a creek. Scrapes and rubs all over the trees going in and coming out. Yes, for you guys out west hunting those plain states, this is the kind of crap we have to shoot through back here on the east coast. Actually I would consider this fairly open))))
    trails.jpg

And why can I not dream of another one of these. My official deer dragger, Nick my son at age 16 who is now 19 and knows everything))) I keep telling him pops has forgotten more than he will ever know.
    deer005.jpg deer2007.jpg

I have a lot of hope on this setup. I think it may produce.

Dave

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  7. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dave ... you are my hero!

Here is my boy ... I wish he would show more interest ..... this was a special time tho .. it may have sparked something ....

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Trust me Tony, after that season Nick went girl crazy and has not hunted since(((. Keep him away from the girls and you will have a hunting buddy for life.

BTW Thank goodness that boy must have his mothers looks))) Good looking youngman. Tell him old man Dave said hello little man.

Dave

9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Actually he is an orphan boy that we took custody of when he was 11 .... so he doesn't look like either of us ;)

Here is a thread on BH.COM for more info ... http://forums.bowhunting.com/showthread.php?2840-Andrew-.......-Check-him-out....****UPDATED****

10. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  11. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Cool story and heart warming. Sounds as if you both were lucky to find each other. I still say he is a good looking youngman and you better tell him old man Dave says hi or else)))

Dave

12. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I told him ... it put a big smile on his face .... :)

13. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Not much going on here fella's. Whats up? Everyone in a funk or what? Let's hear some plans on hunting. Seems our little team got quite real quick, let's pick up the pace boys.

Dave

14. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I noticed that too Dave. It is so hard, I so want to be out there hunting! I sit here ragging on you guys to pick up the pace, while I'm sitting on my hands. I wish the deer were closer! Being a weekend warrior sucks! Sorry guys...

I shoot my bow everyday. I want to be totally prepare if a shot presents itself. I'm leaving Friday (hopefully before 5pm) for Missouri. Good friend Doug Morland and I are driving to Fayette, Missouri. We should arrive sometime around 5am. We're going right to stands that morning. I'm tossing in a climber. So after I assess the area (I do this pretty quickly), I'll use the climber to position myself where I feel I'll have the best chance at a good deer. As I've stated, the orange army will be about. I will wearing orange myself, since it's a requirement of all hunters during this time period. We're heading back to Colorado the following Tuesday.

Everyone use this lull to clear your heads and enjoy family. Everyone must formulate a plan and then execute...
    By my calculations, four teams are easily within striking distance of our lead. Let's hold it and roll onward! We have 12 more deer to smoke. I know I'm good for another doe-that we can bank on!

15. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have tomorrow afternoon and all day Friday .... the gun season break for 3 weeks ... then 10 days ... it's just a doe ...I can't believe I can't get a shot on a doe .......

16. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    not much going on here. guys seeing little bucks and does, hoping i take a doe this weekend or early next week.

17. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok back on the ground in Nebraska, good business/pleasure weekend away but ready to get back to normal. I'm planning on hunting Wednesday afternoon and probably one day this weekend but it depends a lot on what I experience tomorrow night. If there is much shooting going on I'll probably lay low over the weekend.

My wife is so incredible, I'm sitting in the airport yesterday with my flight delayed and we are chatting about the kids and home when she asks "Ok so what is your hunting schedule like for this week?" What a woman!

18. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Matt sounds like a good wife better hang on to that one.

Isaiah looks as if your into the deer a good one will pass by soon starting with a doe to get warmed up.

Dave the inventor of anyway to get in a tree I have ful faith you will get a good buck. (Personall I hope its Player) Get some rest and heal up. (Pssst Dave, you can't shoot a buck. I don't think you have it in ya.)

Will good luck in Missouri! Are you after a buck, doe, or either?

NY hows your buck sightings?

Clint & Scott good luck I can't wait to see the bone you boys lay down it will sky rocket us on the boards.

PT shoot a doe already lol

In my little world things are going slow I've packed and repacked my hunting bag 5 times going over everything, sharpening skinning knives, checking arrows and broad heads, taking a couple practice shots every other day. The bad news is I have had 3 dreams of deer hunting and in everyone of them I'm shooting a doe at 10 yards and she jumps as I release. I don't know what this means but it better not happen.

In today's good news my buddy put down his buck early this morning. An old 8 point. He shot him at 30 yards and the buck bolted forward hitting him in the hip. He was sick with himself after he released but the deer ran about 70 yards and fell over dead. I'm guessing he got an artery. This guy is very patient and a perfectionist so I know he wouldn't take a questionable shot i'm glad it was a kill shot though I don't know how.

19. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Both Colby. Tell your friend congrats. You'll be shooting from a tree as the deer pass-they'll be on thier way to an alfalfa field.

Isaiah, I have all bets on you this year! Get us one!

It's not buckle down time, but it's getting close. Good hunting everyone!

20. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just got out of the job interview.

I'm headed home, and going straight to a stand for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow I have to go take a test for another job, and possibly a 2nd test. I will try to make it back for another afternoon hunt if I can. Conditions should be perfect.