Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Clint and I would like to thank all the Veterans today. We would not have the freedoms we do today if you had not have served. Some of your friends or family made the ultimate sacrifice and let them not be forgotten. Again thank you to all the Vets

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I echo, "Salute a vet". It wasn't the press which gave us the freedom of speech. It wasn't the university which gave us the right to assemble. No, it was the solder. Thanks each and every one of you!

Now on to business, Dave who was the sucka that thought you were a dumbass? LET ME AT THE BASTARD! You have probably forgetten more than he'll ever know!

Pt/Dave, enjoy your sit!

3. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    OH PT! You and your team better watch your back! My team is creeping on up the ladder and now are in second place! I have yet to knock down my big boy but time is a coming! Just like last year!

4. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dave ... you OK? Has anyone heard from Dave ....I have texted and called him and I am getting no response ... does anulyone have his home #? This is so unlike him....

5. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    maybe he's having a hard time dragging that 150"er out by himself...

Hope he's ok.

6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He ALWAYS texts me multiple times a day ... especially when we are both hunting .... I haven't gotten one text and no answer to my 3 phone calls ... Cowboy has tried as well ..... I am worried about him ...

7. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    I still haven't heard from him and it is probably about dark there

8. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My demise has been greatly exaggerated)). Guess when I put my cell in my pocket at 0 dark 30 this morning I must have turned it off accidently. Hunted until 10:30 and saw nothing. Came home took an old man nap until 1pm then hit the woods again. Windy as heck all day and as usual the wind blew from every direction. Saw nothing this morning.

This evening about 45 minutes before shooting light was gone the wind calmed down, had a doe move from my left to my right behind me, then 5 minutes later a button buck came down the same trail but split off and moved to 15 yards in front of me, he fed on acorns for 10 minutes then moved off.

Sorry If I gave you guys a scare but I got in the truck this evening to warm up/head home and thought "Wow, no one has text me all day, whats up with that". That is when I realized my phone was off and was off all day.

I will be in the woods in the A.M if the wind stays calm.

Dave

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  9. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hey scott your blacked out z7 looks sick did it coast more to get it all black and good luck tmrw dave

10. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I saw 1 doe from the stand this morning. Around 9:30 I get a text from a buddy to call him. I had applied for a job where he works, and an opening just popped up. I have to quarter out my doe anyways, so I climb down and give him call. I do a very short phone interview, and set up a time to meet with them Tuesday morning. The pay isn't really that much better than my current job, and the drive is about 40 minutes farther. However, the possibility for advancement is much, much greater.

I walk back to my truck, and I see a spike chasing 2 does around in the field. I watch them for a couple minutes before they finally hit the woods.

On my property, I absolutely hate a south wind. It takes away so many of my best spots, so I went in and hung a quick set on a corn field edge, and hid my decoy in the brush. I returned back to my deer from last night, and got her cut up and in the cooler.

I am running late from messing with the doe, but I'm in the stand with "Jasmine", my doe decoy, set up 16 yards in front of me. From previous years sightings and trail cam pics, I know bucks like to cruise the ridge above this field, as well as check it for does during the rut. Tonight was a bust though. Didn't see a single deer.

I'm back at it again all day Saturday and Sunday. The weather is taking a turn for the worse though, with heavy winds and warming temps. I was supposed to have another all day sit on Tuesday, but I set up my interview for that morning, so it looks like it will only be an afternoon hunt. I'm already have regrets about not busting that 9 pointer last night.....

----
    NY, I bought the bow used off the Archery Talk forum. It's just the regular z7, and not the z7x. I'm not sure what they run new, but I think the all black is a bit higher than the camo.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  11. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    4:20 and I am up, heading out soon. Full moon and a southwest wind which limits my hunting stands. This should be interesting.

Really wish I could use the climber for better mobility. Who all is hunting this weekend? I know Scott and I have posted, anyone else out and about? PT? NY? ISAIAH?

Dave

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  12. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out. .be in stand untilled 11 ... since I have a buck already.I will be back in stand by 2 ... this is the.last weekend for NY .... our gun season starts one week from today ...

13. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

14. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys

15. nybowhunter17

Dislikes Received:
    got in stand at 530 about a mile or 2 from where i live sat there till quater to 10 saw nothing except for a kid on his dirt bike!!!!ruined my hunt might go out later or go tmrw morning right before work and if i dont connect ill be out late bow season in december...

16. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Small Buck hit at 4:45 this evening. Stepped forward as I let it fly, think I may have hit a little back. When I shot the deer bucked up and ran right behind me to my left 15 yards. Stopped then slowly walked across the logging road into a thicket. Massive blood trail past my treestand. Waited until 5:25, got down check arrow, bright blood and hair all over it. Going to eat dinner and look at weather tonight for the low temp. If not below 40 I may have to head back down at 10pm to track.
    Picture of the arrow.
    smallbuck.jpg

Before you ask, No I was not sure of the hit. Was last light and I had the pin right were I wanted it. Like I said, just as I released he took a half step forward. Now Decision time, lows tonight are mid to low 40's. I may have to go down tonight and attempt to find this deer. Rechecked arrow, no slime, no gut matter, just blood/ What you guys think?

Dave

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  17. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So keep me posted, Dave .... I will be looking forward to your text .... try and get it early so I don't shout, "YAHOO" in church :)

Today was the worst day of the season for me ... I didn't see one deer .... frustration .... I am killing anything, sans a buck (since I filled my only tag) ... fawn ...dead .... I coulda killed them all season ... now watch, I wont get an opportunity ...

So this is where it stands for me, boys ....

Tomorrow ... maybe afternoon if the wind isn't 35mph and the rain holds off
    Monday - Work ... Possible afternoon
    Tuesday ... work
    Wednesday ... afternoon hunt
    Thursday - work
    Friday - last day of bow and I am off to hunt the whole day

Saturday is gun opener ...and I am so looking forward to it to hunt with my family and do some still hunting ... if I fill the freezer, I will take my bow out during gun

December 10th is a 10 day 2nd season .... bow or ML ... so I will have plenty of opportunity .... the deer must cooperate ...

Sound off boys!!! Whats it looking like for the rest of you???

18. nybowhunter17

Dislikes Received:
    late season sounds good to me love the snow hunts

19. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a liver hit Dave. If so, I would bet he lied down, and was dead within a half hour.
    Good luck!

20. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    current temp is 55. I do not know, I may have to head down and look for this deer.

Dave