Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Saying that your coming...meaning your behind us right now...correct...? so therefor in the pic described you (team 28) would be the Rabbit... correct?

And we all know who wins that race...

2. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't the turtle win the race? Pretty sure he did and the way you put it you would be the rabbit therefore you still lose but good try. Come back and see us again sometime.

3. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, we will not be here when you get there buddy.....................we are moving to a higher plain of existance. BTW, who on Team #6 is designated help me up on the first place podium since I got a broke foot?)))

Dave

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We ARE the turtle WINNING the race bozos.

However, lets try this again...

[​IMG]

5. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    like (A) little bug....

Just sayin'

6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    :rant:Forgot my Smart phone at home!!! :rant:

Anyway, Matt .... my heart sank when I heard what is going on over there .... one of my heroes from my childhood will be leaving his position .... If it turns out true that he covered up for that piece of crap, I will vomit every time I see him now ....

As far as NY's deer .... post it here AND the score thread ... someone posted just the head of a buck ... if NY has the head ATTACHED to a skinned carcass, it will be fine ,,,,

VS ... I love you, Bro .. if we lose, I would be ok losing to you ... but we won't ;)

7. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    VS, since you are a kindred east coast gentleman like myself I shall attempt to temper my response. So here it goes, Why don't you guys crawl back in your shell before We decide to have Turtle soup for our victory Dinner?

Lol..............i,m just messing with you man, all in good fun.

Dave

8. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I have an idea. Gracious rulers share their bounty, right? It would be so wrong for us to horde all this meat our team keeps laying down. I ask, why not box it up and send an ample supply to our competitors? By doing so, they'll figure they won't have to work so hard while continuing to get nothing. They will feast and revere us even more! After they feast, they will be both fat and happy...like lazy sheep ready for slaughter!

We can used the remainder of the season to shoot more for our own freezers. Think about it, there won't be any further need to keep score, you know, since the competition will be absent.

Just thinking....am I off base?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  9. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll echo what everyone else has said about the pics NY. Just get them posted up, and if they count then we've got 50 pts, and if they don't then it is what it is.

Brett your funny....delusional....but funny.

Ok guys, I think I found my problem as to why I haven't seen as many deer out of my best stand.

Last year I found this sweet little overlooked funnel on our property border. The tree I picked out is about 80 yards from the fence line, but we have a great relationship with the landowners there, so it's not a problem of getting a deer if need be. Anyways, I killed 2 of my 3 does from here last fall, and had two different afternoons of 20+ deer sightings out of this stand.

Fast forward to this year. I slip in and hang my stand and a camera about 150 yards away on a field edge. This is the camera who was stolen by some scumbag trespasser. Anyways, I have hunted this stand only 4 times so far. Oct. 2nd I had a great hunt, and I had the encounter with the 120's 10 here in late October, but the other 2 times I was skunked. Anyways, I talk to my cousin yesterday and he says that EIGHT guys are leasing out this 40 acre property (only 15 acres is wooded). Today, with all the rain they were unable to drive back into the fields, so they parked on the road. One of the trucks there I recognized. The guy used to hunt on one of our neighbors farms, and 2 years ago we caught him in his stand, on my uncle's property, during gun season. We were polite and just told him to get lost, but he had a very messy falling out (very long story) with the landowners, and was kicked off the land and out of the house he rented shorty after. Without getting into too much detail, this man, is no good. My money is on that my camera is hanging over here with his SD cards in them.....

So tonight, I see his truck and another there, and I just slip into our field waiting to see where they come out of the woods at. I wait until about 45 minutes after shooting light, and they still haven't shown up. I pulled out, make a quick U turn around the corner and come back, and both trucks are already backing out.....I had only been gone 45 seconds, and they are both already packed and ready to leave??? Seems a bit fishy to me...

This was the stand I was planning an all day sit for tomorrow, but I'm not really sure how bad they could have ruined this spot, and how many times they have trespassed over our side of the fence. It's perfect conditions, for it, and an absolute perfect wind.

Sorry for the lengthy b*tch rant. If I sit this spot, and don't see movement, I will just keep questioning myself and losing confidence.

10. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Most excellent reponse and idea Will.

Scott...........that really sucks if that is the problem. Sounds like my situation with the young guy down on the property this year. Parking at the ajoining property so I did not know he was there etc etc. The side of the property he hunted and mucked all up still has not recovered as of last week. Sat one of the stands on that side and saw nothing. Hope you get it figured out and these guys have not messed your honeyhole up.

Dave

11. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Tomorrow is setting up to be an excellent day with a 20 degree temp drop over night, so the morning hunt may be awesome. I hunted here Saturday night, and was able to look through binocs at those does out in the corn field. The deer feed in this field at night, then move through here on their way to bed to the west of me on our property, or to the south on the neighbors. From what I could see, the 2 major trails moving through my stand still looked heavily used, with a few rubs and scrapes in the area.

I think I almost have to give it a try tomorrow. These are the conditions I have been waiting for all year with this spot in mind. I'll plan for an all day sit, but come noon if I haven't seen a deer I'll most likely switch it up.

12. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ok how do i get pictures on here i got them saved on computer now what?i suck with computers

13. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    When u reply to the thread there is the little box that says image, click on that and tell it were the pictures are. Then click ok, wham bam, your pictures are uploaded.

P.S Colby, I no know you set my arse up)

Dave

14. nybowhunter17

Dislikes Received:
  15. nybowhunter17

Dislikes Received:
    are they on?

16. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    NY, In my opinion those pictures should be fine to post in the contest thread. Make sure you explain when you post it for Team #6 that you started skinning it while taking pictures due to the heat. Congrats................now go get us a buck))))

Dave

17. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ny way to go buddy awesome is say post it on the score card congrats on the nanny. I'm surprised you aren't more excited bout your first deer your more calm than id be.(hopefully not herbaly enhanced) way to get on bored buddy

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

18. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  19. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats again there bud! I remember my first deer like it was yesterday, you'll never forget it.

Those z7's are some sweet shooting bows too huh?

20. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    With NY's doe, we should still hold a slight lead over Team 24. I think they have a doe also that hasn't been added.

We will do this guys. The rest of us all need to shoot our doe, and if we can get another 375-400 points with some more bucks, then that would put us in VERY good shape. Let's finish this thing out strong.