Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sir yes sir!

2. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tonight was yet another bust.

I'll be out again Wednesday morning, and the following 4 days after that. I'll be prepared each day to sit until dark, and as long as the action is good, then I'll live in the tree.

3. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    NY, any pics of that doe yet? We need the points!

4. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ya i got em im getting thme on now

5. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sorry its taking so long i got out of school at 330 and right after it went to the barn to finish skinning and quarting deer then cut all the meat and put it in freezer wich took forever!!and then dropped the skin at the elk lodge and just finished hw

6. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    NY these guys don't give up do they. Congrats again on you first bow kill, like Scott said it is something you'll never forget.

I had a very wet but good night, nice shooter at about 60 behind me and 5 does in the field with NO bucks. Last Thursday was great with deer chasing all over, since then nothing to speak of. You guys seeing any rutting action? I have one more hunt before I leave town, then rifle till 11/22 in my area. It is the first year of earn a buck in my area, should be interesting for the rifle hunters. I just learned I can archery hunt during firearm if I want but honestly I probably only have one stand I would feel safe in.

7. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dave,

Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I totally agree, we sink or we swim together through eternity. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for you guys (I'm still extremely upset how the whole Jeff Veneble thing was handled). This particular thread is essentially "home" for me. You guys will forever have a place in my heart. But here's the thing, I only get the weekends to hunt-I have plenty of idle time to watch our six. Think of me as "Merlin" in the movie "Top Gun":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E-fQ57U8qY&feature=related

I'm doing my best to keep everyone engaged! I've got tone! I'm firing! And there are plenty of boggies behind us! We need to Splash more!

8. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sheeeeet, sorry fella's been a wee tad interesting as of late ( as a couple of ya guys know ) Looking for a job in the midst of the rut kicking in kinda puts a damper on the deer season. ( lets just keep the details to pm's and or texts if we could) Now in saying that, I am back out in full force tomorrow, no work till wed sooooooo if its brown its down tomorrow. Got busted this afternoon drawing on a very respectable 10 pointer. Ice on an arrow and a whisker biscuit = not the noise ya want, I will be switching it out with a different rest next season. Will congrats on a beautiful buck my freind, your adventures are nonstop man. NY congrats on the doe man. Everyone keep at it!!!!!
    Will I am going to pm you some arrow info, not sure if PSE still makes them and or if you know anyone that has a few dozen kicking around. The set up I have this year is rocking on the penetration dept however the shafts are not as smooth as my trusty pse dominator 300's, hence a tad bit of noise on the draw.

9. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Let's see those pics NY...............................need some points bro.

Goodluck Reese.........................................Shoot a monster bud.

Dave

10. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Reese,

I will dig into the Dominator arrows. I'm not sure on that particular trade name. They may have evolved into something else and may be available still. Let me do some checking for you. I shoot the PSE Stl Hunter, radial X-weave 300s. I absolutely love em! I can get them for you for under $60/doz plus shipping.

It's good to hear from you. Don't make yourself such a stranger. In tough times, it's always good to have friends willing to listen and help. Enjoy your tree time, amigo!

NY, "bring out your dead!" You are going to get yourself excommunicated if you do not get those pics up soon. Tony, start the paperwork! I would hate to see something like this happen to such a young lad. He's not dead, yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8mNjeuyV4

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  11. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Reese, It looks like the X weaves have replaced the Dominators. These STL Hunter arrows are awesome. You should give them a try. Here's a link:

http://pse-archery.com/products/category/445.5.1.1.87693.87697.0.0.0

Disregard the price. I get them at dealer's cost (a perk for being part of PSE's staff) and will pass that along to teamies.

12. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Off of bowhunting for a minute.

As you guys know I'm heading out on a "business" trip this weekend that happens to be to State College, Pa. I'm going out to meet with a great customer and there best cusotmer with a big part of the trip being us taking in the Penn State/Nebraska game. Really it was the central event of the trip with me pulling some strings to get an insider's tour of the facilities and stadium. No surprise I got the call last night from my friend saying that there will be no tours this weekend and he woudn't even be able to meet up with me because of the issues at hand. There is a dark cloud hanging over that campus and really all of college football. I've lived inside college football for the last 20+ years and I have to say this will forever change how I look at the "team" approach and "keeping it in the family". Way too many things are "handled internally" but usually they are fairly innocent, this is anything but that.

Please keep these victims and their families in your prayers. I hope justice is served swift and stern.

13. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Wow Dren haven't heard whats happening in College Football but hope it gets resolved and the families you talk about are ok. Good luck buddy.

14. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Heard part of the story on Mike & Mike yesterday morning.

Pretty damn disturbing and sickening.

15. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Matt, all I can say is "wow". I pray things like this never happen again. I will have the victims and their families in my prayers for sure! I agree, justice should be stern and fast! I truly feel for the young men in this program who will forever be scarred.

Make the best of your trip and the situation! Be a positive light in the darkness.

16. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Ok used my Google foo and read about it. Disturbing and I will comment no further.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

17. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    NY, may I suggest before you post the pictures in the contest thread you post them here first. Give some of us old timer contest folks on the team a chance to make a judgement on if they should be entered or not. With the hide being removed from the deer, let us all together as a team make sure that the pictures in question meet the intent and spirit of the contest rules. Sorry you had to skin the deer so fast due to the heat but we need to as "The champs" make sure we are holding the standard up per the contest. Sooooooooooo, get those pictures posted here on the team thread buddy.

Dave

18. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Dave is probably right, it wouldn't hurt to do it that way just to be safe.

19. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
  20. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Team 28 is coming and HE double hockey sticks is coming with them!

[​IMG]