Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats again Will, looks like an amazing hunt.

My vacation was supposed to start today, but the slight rain shower forcasted has turned into an outright downpour. Thunderstorms tomorrow too, so I'm back at work the next 2 days. I should have 6 all day hunts before our first gun season.

Dave, I still haven't tagged a deer. Last year I killed my doe on the first day of my vacation, so hopefully I have some luck Wednesday.

2. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats again Will way to keep us plugging along.

I talked to Reese after Will got his buck and he said congrats and that he was going to be getting some hunting in.

I went out and scouted yesterday and a little today. Deer are not where they normally are and I'm seeing them being less careful. I've also seen some new bucks around I hadn't seen for awhile so it was good to see some big boys out cruising. Hmm wonder what that could mean. I've also seen more bowhunters than ever around here. I think there are six hunting within two miles of eachother which is cramped for here because normally its only about two of us.

Will I'm ready for Nebraska and can't wait to be after deer again. I'm counting down the days.

3. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like some teams are trying to sneak up on us.

My property doesn't usually hold a lot of does, but with the season being open until the middle of January I have time to get one. As far as bucks go, each of the last 10 years I have had close calls with P&Y class bucks. Putting in the time is the key...like Will says, "Be there for those 30 seconds".

Last year I passed the buck below at 12 yards, and regretted it all year. One this size will have a hard time making it past me this season. Instead of shooting for score, it's the first buck that makes my heart jump.

[​IMG]

Let's finish this thing out guys!

4. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Scott he looks like a great buck if your happy we're happy man he definetly would make my heart jump.

Will its good to see someone else with an excellent taste in bows. PSE

5. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Colby, that was "The Growth Buck" from last year. Unfortunantly he most likely was killed last fall, since he left no sheds on our land, and has not shown up in any trail cam pics after 11/6/10. I've got some pics of bucks of similar size this season, I just need one I like to walk out.

6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Make no mistakes .... if we don't put up another 400 points.... we will not repeat..... and if we don't, it was a fun run anyway

7. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    400 points? We can get more than that man thats just two decent bucks and 3 does. Keep laying them down boys.

8. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    400 may not be enough. We will get there though.

Dave will kill his buck.

Clint is due for a monster this year.

Reese will break his silence after laying down a Canadian bruiser.

Things sound like they are fixing to break loose for Matt.

and I'm going to give it everything I've got.

Hopefully NY's doe counts, and Will and Colby can chalk up another 100 points on their Nebraska hunt.

9. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure 400 will do it, I was thinking when it started that 1400 is probably going to win it. Half the team has put down a doe to date, so if we can get most of the rest on does that another 200+ points. Probably need 3-4 more bucks to put us over the top, thats no small task. I'll do everything in my power to put one down!

10. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    We can do it! "I know it in my heart Roy!"

I've got the utmost faith in you guys to put deer down. If you guys can get a couple more bucks and almost everyone gets a doe we will be good to go. I will do my darndest to add another 50 for a doe no matter what it takes.

Hows everyones odds looking of putting down more deer?

And take two d#$% pictures lol

11. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just checked the weather and I have a great wind for the stand I shot my buck out of last year. Gonna head out in about an hour, we have a front pushing through about an hour before dark. Sounds like a good recipe for the deer to be moving, just have to hope the rutting activity is picking up today.

Colby, my odds are well above 50/50, even if I don't get one down before rifle I still like my chances.

12. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    I will kill a deer...I couldn't go all offseason knowing that I couldn't get it done.

I have 6 full days to hunt before our gun season opens the 18th, and then most likely 3 days during Thanksgiving week. After that things get tough around here once our 2nd gun season closes Dec. 4th

13. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Dren good luck today buddy keep us posted how its going.

Scott thats awesome about having 6 full days to hunt during the rut good luck can't wait to see what you put down.

14. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am sitting on the edge of my chair in anticipation. GO TEAM 6!

15. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Buck Will!

Fellas - if Team 6 repeats - I may opt out of the contest next year just to be a full-time cheerleader on this thread.

IMPRESSIVE!!!

16. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Weather man screwed up this afternoon, and the rain has quit. I'm an hour later than usual, but I told the boss I was leaving.

Hope there aren't any cops between the office and my farm...

17. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    With Greg's buck soon to be counted, Team 24 is moving closer. They are within striking distance of the lead.

Good luck Scott!

Thanks Matt.

18. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will......................eventhough you are the older statesman, I feel it my duty to counsel you. Teams are inching their way closer everyday but you seem to forget one thing about Team #6, we have staying power. Think of it as a race, it would not be much of a race if we did not have some competition. Soooooooooo, be optimistic, do not count us east coast guys out. The thread lately seems to focus more on our midwest brothers, yeah I know, they got the booners but do not forget we all got the Champion title together.

It is ours to keep or lose TOGETHER...................go team.

Dave

19. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Dave when you getting out again buddy? Hope to see you get Player down that would make my season.

Scott and Dren good luck out there today.

TINEACIOUS

20. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Friday I hope. Got work the rest of the week and they keep calling me in for little interviews about the job. All indications so far is that they are just making sure they picked the right guy. When you have three vice-presidents in your company that means three interviews.

Scott and Dren.......................shoot us all a biggum.

NY........................................let's get that doe posted.

PT........................................Nuffin but luv for joo man.

Everyone...............................Do not make me go all retired NCO "Non-commissioned Officer....for you non-military types" on your butts, I am sure I got one more good arse chewing I can throw at ya, let's win this thing damnit. You all have your orders, so move out and report in when the mission is complete.)))

Dave

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011