Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, everytime I come back from a trip, things are dropping like flies! And people wonder why we are the Champs?

Will, that buck is awesome, more pics and story please!

Congrats to Dave for breaking the 2011 curse, again! I know a buck is gonna feel your wrath!!

And young NY, way to get in on the action. Congrats man!

We only hunted one day this weekend, too windy today.
    I almost had an identical encounter that I had with my big boy. At first light, a buck was walking on the same field edge, I grunted, and here he comes again.
    He was passing these thorn bushes, when a little bedded doe jumped out. Well, he went chasing her all over hell and back, grunting the whole way. It was pretty cool, but never really got to see how big he was though.

Good luck out there everyone!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds pretty legit to me... as long as he has himself, deer, and bow... He said the head was still attached... IDK though... I would try it.

3. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    OK ... I was thinking he only had a head, but if you have a skinned deer with the head on, you and your bow ... 2 pics, we should be good to go ....

4. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Take some pics of what you got NY, and Cody will be able to tell us if we can count it. Just make sure to get yourself in them with your bow.

5. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well.. dang PT... you have a point... I just read it differently...

Yo... NY, is the head still attached to the skinned deer?

6. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, it sounds "enter-able" to me (is that a word?)

7. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone have ny's #?

8. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats NY, hopefully it counts but ultimately it doesn't matter. Welcome to the brotherhood!

9. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations NY on your first bowkill, Will on a great buck and Dave on finding your doe.

Well I had a story typed out but I somehow closed it out and I'm not going to do it over so I'll give the short story.

Shot this doe Friday. I got in stand at 9, shot her around 9:15 and had her loaded by 9:35. It was a 2 yard shot with a follow up just to make sure. 2011doe.jpg

I went out Saturday evening but only saw 3 armadillos, 2 does running like hell and 1 coon. We had an earthquake Saturday evening so that might have had something to do with the deer acting funny Saturday.

Clint

10. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go, Clint!

Well there are some teams really adding points to their totals ... but so are we :D

11. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Guys... don't be hatin' but look what I just dusted off for tomorrows hunt....

[​IMG]

12. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of fun there, Aaron! Have yourself a BLAST! ;)

13. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thanks guys and the padres phone is a cheap go phone with no camera but the heads still attached so thats a plus i think lol and i have 2 dmp permit things so i still got buck tag and 1 more doe tag and i wont forget it i was in stand for 5 minutes i was looking down cause i couldnt stand the nippy wind and i look up they she was about 40 yrds away and when she was about 8 i had a pass through on heri also gutted it by melf self and did most the skinnying

14. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ny ... can you take 2 pics with the deer nd your bow and you in it ...now! lol

And listen ... used punctuation .. you represent the best ...TINEACIOUS!!! :D

15. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here's what went into the score card:

South Dakota (black Hills) 8 point
    PSE X-Force Super Short
    PSE Radial X- Weave 300
    Carbon Express 100 grn. Torrid SS

Inside Spread 15 5/8

Right Beam 20 4/8 Left Beam 21 0/8
    G1 2 4/8 5 2/8
    G2 7 5/8 7 5/8
    G3 8 1/8 8 2/8

H1 4 1/8 4 3/8
    H2 3 6/8 3 6/8
    H3 3 4/8 3 4/8
    H4 3 2/8 3 2/8

Total: 125 5/8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are a few pics of the bucks I saw during my brief hunt:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I jumped into a stand I wasn't planning on hunting, I felt the wind wasn't right. But, I was running out of time after placing my friend, Dave, in his stand (it was his first trip to SD). While walking about, I used a drag line laced with Timber Valley Fresh Scent. When I finally got to my stand, I pulled out a scent bomb and placed it about 5 feet off the ground. I seriously had doubts...

At first light, a doe, fawn, and spike buck moved in directly under me. The spike was totally into the scent! Then a doe, two fawns, a 3x4 buck and the buck I shot walked in. I made a beautiful, thread the needle, 23 yard shot on the buck-double lunged him for sure! He ran 30 yards and tipped over. I watched the entire death run...gotta love it when you see them die within sight! The remaining deer stood around; they hadn't a clue what had happened. I sat in my stand for another hour, since deer were under me. During that period, another three bucks walked in (see pics above). It was so cool!
    Every single buck investigated the scent. Scott, the does were not bothered by the scent. Did you wear rubber boots when you placed yours? I'm wondering if they scented you?

NY, put your doe up for everyone to see. Congrats and, as Matt stated, welcome to the brotherhood.

Keep hitting it guys!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  16. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats again Will, what a great buck!
    And great pictures, must be cool hunting the Black Hills area.
    I hope you're keeping a journal for a book someday, your adventures never end! :tu:

17. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man, That's awesome Will, Congrats Buddy!

18. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    I thought I would share a few more pics of the deer under me on Saturday:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks everyone!

19. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So with Clint and NY doe, has everyone tagged atleast one deer. I am losing count )))

Great buck Will.........................now throw some of that smiling/grinning luck my way..........I need it.

I will be at work Monday-Thursday, may go down to the farm tonight or tomm. night after work to adjust some stands based on deer sightings. I got Friday off so I will be back at it hard again. With less than 60 acres to hunt I need to let the woods calm down a little after hunting hard for 8 straight days. The four day break should be good for my body/foot as well as my spirit I hope.

Dave

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  20. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, me thinks your plan is a good one. Give yourself and your woods a rest. Nope, not everyone on the team has tagged a deer, but that is coming-I know it. Currently, we are in the red jersey with a tally of 777 3/8 points (I have not added NY's deer since it has not been officially entered). Team 24 is in second position with a score of 619. Team 27 is in third with 617 6/8 points. Everyone needs to stay focused. Make good decisions and good plans. Duck when you need to duck and punch when you need to punch. Let's take this thing to the finish line! Full steam ahead, nobody look back!

Aaron, I'm still in the air on Kentucky. Jeff has Ants number and knows what to do. If nothing else, you guys go without me!You'll have a blast and will be beautifully care for! Go luck with the smoke pole!

Scott, make sure you hunt this week in the travel corridors. You'll catch monsters cruising. Stay close to the does.

Ny, get your deer up. If it's beyond entering, get out there and get another one. You should be an expert now!

Go PT!

Reese...where are you man?

Clint/Matt, find him and lay him out!!!!!!

Colby, soon, real soon!

Isaiah, put the smack down!

Fred, I hope to join you shortly after I kill a doe. I realize I didn't do better than last year but I did improve by adding my best buck from South Dakota. In those woods, my deer is as good as they come-definitely a keeper.

Hunt hard everyone (except Dave)!