Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man oh man, seeing that cell picture of Wills Buck sure has me pumped up. To the woods I goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

Dave

2. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Dave. If they make hobbling an Olympic Event I'll sponsor you. Keep me posted from the stand.

3. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Will!

4. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very cold morning, with heavy fog. I bumped some deer walking in, but never saw anything. Climbed down at noon to check my cameras. Looks like a few bucks are getting on their feet during daylight, so hopefully the right one walks by this afternoon.

I have a crappy SE wind here, so I've been staring at a map for about an hour trying to decide where I'm hunting at.

Congrats to Will! Colby texted me a pic, looks to be a great looking South Dakota buck!

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Will!

6. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Tonight was an excellent night. Started off crappy and got better and better. Pulled up at 2:30, had a ten minute chat with Mr. Thomas son about how his dad loves deer meat and how he wished I would put another deer down. Promised him the next chance I get I will do my best to fill his little freezer. Finally hobbled to the stand and arrived/setup about 2:50. Wind kept changing every 10 minutes, blew from every direction except straight down.

Around 4:30 I had a doe come in off my right and feed approx 30 yards out, never presented a shot then slowly walked away. Finally about 4:45 the wind started blowing straight in my face and stayed there the rest of the evening like it was suppose to according to Scoutlook. At 4:55 I hear crashing ahead and right of me, a doe being harrassed by a smaller buck. Then at about 5:10 I see player chasing a doe all around behind me, they run past my left at lighting speed and keep going, grunted, whaaa, did everything but do a strip tease but he kept chasing her.

Then at around 5:10 I see three doe coming off my right side, they work their way in front of me and feed among the acorn trees. I am watching the entire time hopeful a buck would be following but none never showed. So, with Mr.Thomas sons words ringing in my ears I drew back and shot the middle sized doe. Broadside at 22 yards, I watched the arrow hit perfect and punch right through her. She ran up the hill and I lost sight of her after 15 yards, thought I heard her crash but with the wind I couldn't be sure.

Now I am thinking "heck if I am getting down with all this action" I knock another arrow and go on alert for bucks.) From there on I saw a fork buck and a basket 8 point who would be lucky to score 90-100 dogging doe. Had 5 more doe come in to feed, 2 groups of 2 and a single doe. At dark I had to give the loud "HISSSSS" noise to get the doe to leave. Got down and with my little flashlight "which was dieing quickly" I got the arrow. Blood red from tip to nock. I stood there and decided she can lay tonight, I did not want to disturb the woods with that much action going on.

I generally will not sit the same stand twice in a row but with that much action I will be in the same stand come morning. I will hunt to about 9:30 or 10 then I will track down the doe. Temps are suppose to be low to mid 30's tonight. All in all a great evening hunt, no Buck down but I still call it a successful hunt with all the action.

Hope to pop a buck tomm. morning)))

Dave

7. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Ah, it just hit me. Once I recover the doe tomm. morning I can shoot two bucks....................heck yeah !!!!

Quote straight from Maryland DNR site below:

Bonus Antlered Deer Stamps

A Bonus Antlered Deer Stamp is required by all license holders to take a second antlered deer in Region B during a given season (bow, muzzleloader, or firearms). For example, a deer hunter must purchase a Bonus Antlered Deer Stamp before attempting to take a second antlered deer with a firearm in Region B. An individual who purchases a Bonus Antlered Deer Stamp but does not use it during a particular season may use that stamp during any subsequent season (muzzleloader, firearms, or bow season) in that hunting license year. Bonus Stamps are not required to take antlerless deer. Region B hunters are reminded that two antlerless deer must be taken (in a given season) before a second antlered deer can be taken during that season.

Let the games begin.

Dave

8. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Somebody send me a pick of Will's deer!!

9. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Dave you should of tried the strip tease you never know

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

10. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Page me your Cell number

Dave

11. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks PT... Dave, I'm going to pm you my # anyway... I still don't have yours.

12. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I wish Will could post some better pics of his buck. The cell pictures do not do it justice I bet. Will...................are you out there?

Dave

13. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    At 5:30 saw a doe come out in a cut corn field, and then 2 more came out right at last light. They were about 150 yards off. With similar conditions tomorrow, I may set up on the field and try to whack a doe if they show back up.

14. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Wills buck uploadfromtaptalk1320544739471.jpg

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

15. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't you know his fingers are deformed?! He can only squeeze triggers!

(Nice one Will!)

16. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    He can have 12 deformed fingers and only eight toes for all we know. As long as he keeps popping those monsters each year I am pretty sure Team #6 will keep him around)))

Dave

17. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey,

I'm just getting in from a very cold evening sit. I was helping Dave, my friend who texted the photo to Colby, with his deer hunt. we only saw a doe tonight.

Aaron, The TVF Scent worked like a charm this morning. I had six different bucks of various size right under my stand. I could not pass up the heavy 8 pointer. He is, to date, my best buck in South Dakota. Honestly, they do not come much bigger than this in the Black Hills region of the state. I have not put a tape to him yet (will do that tomorrow-when I get home), but I'm sure he will do Team 6 proud.

When I'm on my own computer, I will detail the events of the hunt.

Dave, was that you who was saying "call"? I did not recognize the number and thought it was someone spamming.

Colb, thank man for keeping eveyone in the loop for me! I'm looking forward to Nebraska now!

Clint, beautiful...looking forward to seeing the pictures! Congrats!

30 seconds Scott.. be there!

I'll chat with everyone tomorrow evening.

Stay safe and good hunting!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  18. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Will!! This better not rule out Ol' Kaintuck.. ;) And I can't wait to use that stuff Monday!!

19. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will
    Congrats bud on the buck,did you use the Timber Valley ? Still haven't got mine yet and it was sent last Wednesday,maybe it'll show up after next week when the rut is over ,LMAO.
    Rockster

20. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I am up after a sleepless night. Replayed the shot on the doe a thousand times, heading to the woods soon for a morning hunt and track down the doe.

will........................I text you once but did not call.

Dave