Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go you pissed Dave off and now he is going to kill a freak nasty, swamp donkey, beast, pig of a deer. Did I leave out any other "big" deer names?

2. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Posting from the stand. Great morning in the stand, 6 bucks 8 does. The prerut its in full swing here, 3 bucks full on chasing does. One pretty solid one, not good enough for team 6 though. First all day sit of 5, I have high hopes for tonight.

Hunt hard boys!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

3. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Dren hope you get a monster.

4. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Finchy has gone way too far with that bold move.
    Aaron, I hope you gave him a good ole, tineacious ass whoopin :bash::bash:

Good Luck Dave and Matt, sounds like it's rockin out there. Can't wait to see what's happening this weekend!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  5. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    got back from central IL on sunday only to spend it in the ER! got deathly sick but too stubborn to quit hunting. took 6 bags of fluids and just started feeling better today. thur to thurs sickness and man it wipped me! second night made a marginal shot on a doe that i was wishing it was as far back. looked and looked finally called in the blood tracking dog with no luck. the guy with the dog said that the deer more than likely lived. next day shot a doe in AM that crossed over into the neighbors land who is notorious for not letting hunters on to retrieve thier kills, this time was no different. last blood led right up to his fence. fingers are crossed now for a few days here and there to wind up with another opputunity. sorry guys but at least we still have some time left in the season!

6. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dave,

Pom-pommed....past tense of pom-pom...like these:

[​IMG]

Just trying to pump you up, amigo! Good luck out there tonight. Don't shoot the three legged deer if he looks healthy. They can survive better than you think in that condition. Whack him if you truly think he is suffering.

Matt, good luck buddy. I wish I were in the stand with you tonight. Saturday can't come soon enough!

Colby, Saturday is South Dakota, I haven't been there yet.

Good to hear from you Isaiah, get better man! Stay after the deer too!

Low blow Donnie, low blow...now go back and play with the little people.

7. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    cant wait for saturday 50 degrees at noon as a high with a hard frost in the morning clear all day :moose:

8. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    NY good luck man put a deer down for us.

Will sorry I'm excited for you I guess lol was a week ahead.

Isaiah hope you get to feeling better and get a chance to enjoy some hunts. Good luck man.

9. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeh... guys, sorry about that... He got a hold of my computer... You just never know with people anymore... I canceled our evening hunt and sent him home... that was just uncalled for...

:D

10. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Owwww. Played a mexican standoff with a doe tonight. Stood for 1 hour and 40 minutes with her 51 to 15 yards from me. She would never turn broadside to give me a shot. She ate acorns until she looked like she was going to puke. Bad part is I shifted my weight the last 5 minutes and I think I rebroke my foot. Will have to wear the medical boot tomm. again if I can get the swelling down.

So, the first Buck that walks by be it a spike or 12 point get's an arrow. I can not continue standing like I have and now with only one good foot.
    Yes I know, colby told me, PT told me and the wife told me, go to the hospital. Been to the doc the first time it happened. Not a serious break, just need to stay off it for extended periods. I will get us 50 points atleast damnit !!!

Dave

11. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You need to have a talk with PT about his sack-crackin' fantasies. That's a real low blow. :)

Gentlemen, I'm out. It was fun while it lasted. Have fun NOT winning the title this year.

12. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Leave the door open and a dilusional wannebe kidnapper walks in...for that, I hope his second buck is bigger than his first!

Slow down Dave. You are putting way too much pressure on yourself. It will happen, but you have to be patient!

13. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great afternoon too, probably one of the best days ever. I didn't bring anything home but passed another 120 this afternoon. I hope my patience pays off. I feel like I'm probably warming the stove for tag soup...

14. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tag soup? Dude, the next 2-3 weeks are what we wait all year for. You're having some great action, it's just a matter of time before a shooter moves in and meets his demise!

15. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Not a matter of patience or being in a hurry. It is a matter of my foot holding out gentlemen. I can not continue to walk, climb and stand for long periods on my foot. Besides we are TINEACIOUS............when one falters others shall succeed and together we all overcome and triumph.

I am up and heading to the woods soon, broke foot and all. Someone shoot something...............I need some inspiration.

Isaiah...........glad your doing better bud.

Tony.............I need my doe, enough said.

Colby............you are a goofball.

Dave

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  16. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Fred is spot on! And we all know it! Stay positive! Stay in the game, but remember to care for your mind, body, soul, and family. It's ok to take a day off! Go to the spa! Go to church! Go fishing! Get a pedicure, a backrub, a body wax, whatever! But, keep your head in this! Thirty seconds changes everything! We are just getting started! Get up! Keep Slugging!

Remember what it feels like to be champions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25NmudB2fqg

We WILL WIN THIS THING!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  17. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Saw two bucks this morning. One at first light came off my left side and continued on, I believe it was Player. Grunted but he just kept cruising. At 8 am I had a fork buck at 30 yards but he was real small, no shot chance, stayed in a small thicket until he moved on. came home to rest the foot. I am killing myself here.

Dave

18. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Dave way to push through man. But take it easy these next 3 weeks are when you will want to be as healthy as possible. When you texted me you rebroke your foot I was betting you fell out of your stand.

Will good luck in SD THIS weekend.

Dren sounds like you are about to be in the thick of it way to be patient.

Clint Congrats man! Way to keep us going

19. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Way to battle through the pain Dave, it's going to pay off in the end.

Starting tomorrow I should be in the stand 8 of the next 9 days, and may be able to squeeze another day in there too.

Still haven't heard back from the farmer on the new property, so it looks like it will be a late season spot.

20. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe, Clint!!!!!

I had a fun morning ... hunted my first spot I have ever hunted today .. the wind was right and I took the opportunity ... at first light I heard the walking of a deer right near me ... I look down and the cutest little fuzzy headed Button Buck was pert near right under my stand ... he stayed around me for 10 minutes before sauntering off ..... I was hoping Momma was there but she prolly kicked his butt out since she was feeling a little ..anxious ;)

Anyway, at 10 am I catch deer movement up the creek ... I watch it as it comes closer ... the deer have to come within bow range or go up the hill or down to the creek ... thats why I like this spot ,,, funnel ... deer are lazy and conserve energy by taking the path of least resistance many times ....

So I see it is a 6 point and he walks wright where I wanted his Momma to walk, but I prolly killed her last year ... :D

[​IMG]

Here he is if you can't find him (Dave)

[​IMG]

So he stayed around me for about 20 minutes ...

Oh yeah, the tree my stand is in is dead ... gotta move my stand quickly...

Scott ... you hunt? lol ... Just playin, Brah .. lay us down a monster!!!