Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Neither one of us saw a single deer tonight... maybe tomorrow... where headed to meet up with GMMAT for some grub.

2. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Did you kick Donnie in the junk for me??Aaron, Jeff killed another nice buck .... with a Hoyt, no less ... lol ... that guy is a machine ...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  3. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was able to sneak into a stand by 3:45 this afternoon. I didn't see anything, but a very fresh scrape line has shown up at this spot. I will probably be heading back into this area soon.

Will, tell me a little about Timber Valley Scents. I'm looking at this 4-Play stuff, but how long/many hunts do you get out of it? I'm not really sure how far I can make 1 oz. of doe pee last, especially at $20 a pop.

I'm also thinking about buying the "Buck Come" for doctoring up a few scrapes near some of my stands.

4. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Scott,

Cavan sells a volumizer with the scent. Put that stuff in a ziploc bag and add a little scent. When I was in Illinois, I would pour the volumizer on the ground and then hang the empty bag where the wind could catch it. While I was hunting with Rocky in Alberta, we used small scent canisters that looked like old plastic 35mm film containers. The inside of each container was filled with a cotton product. A string went through the bottom so the container could be suspended. A little scent in each container, each day, went a long way. Each container had a plastic lid to cover the scent while not hunting. I have a photo of the one Rocky used, somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. The picture is priceless...cherry red arrow with the scent right above it.

I would say you'll get a good solid week with each bottle of scent. But from experience, I doubt it will take a week to kill a dandy buck. They come to this stuff like they were on a serious mission. Hope that helps. Good luck using it!

PT, I saw Jeff's buck. I'm definitely happy for him. He's a good heart man!

Have fun at chow Aaron, Say hey to Donnie for me!

Rob, I just ordered 6 dozen more arrows, I think that will get me through the end of December.

5. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    So do you suggest getting the volumizer as well? I watched the video where they talked about the process, and it has me convinced to give it a try.

I've got a half dozen or so old film canisters laying around that I need to round up. I always use the cotton balls with it too, but would use camo duct-tape and an old clothes pin, to hang it off the tree.

EDIT***Sorry Will, I guess I didn't read your first part too carefully. I"ve got some 4-Play, Buck Come, and the Volumizer ordered.

6. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to use Tinks scent bomb with mine... that way, when I'm done, I can screw the lid back on and put it back in the fridge.

7. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Scott,

The scent is the black spot right above the front portion of Rocky's arrow.

[​IMG]

Here's a small buck with his nose in my plastic ziploc. He was just one of 40 bucks I lured in during my three days of hunting.

[​IMG]

As this buck (below) moves from the brush into the open, you can see the plastic bag hanging right above him (watch for a bright white spot in the video). He is walking the EXACT line I came in on, I was towing a drag line with the 4-play on it.
    Feel free to contact Cavan. He'll give you every piece of advice possible. He a great person to go to. He has truly been there with this stuff! Click the photo below to start the video. Look how relaxed this deer is!

[​IMG]

8. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am worn out but I am up. Heading to woods soon. Standing in a treestand with most of your weight on one foot for 3+ hours a hunt takes a toll on the back and legs. Really wish I could use my climber but I do not see that happening now, maybe in another week or two.

Tony............................................. I need my doe, darn you.))) You got lastnight off so you should be rested and ready to go.

P.S I need to shoot something..........................................................................................

Dave

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dave ... I hope I kill da beetch at first light so I can get home, hang her and take a nap ... I am tired, sore, ready to go back to work :D

10. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    tomorrow is the day I can't wait to hunt ... I hate a North wind for most of the spots I hunt, but there is an old spot that my bro used to hunt and it is absolutely littered with scrapes ... best wind there ... a N wind .. that is where my climber and I will be tomorrow ...

BTW ... The Tenderloin and backstrap dinner last night ... AMAZING (shouted in a high pitched tone)

11. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Everyone, bow your head and say, "Lord, give me this day."

We have to be there to receive His grace.

Tony/Dave, your arses have been pom-pommed! GO!

12. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    I'm supposed to be off next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but I may trade them in for the following week.

Temps will be right, but the 60% chance of rain has me questioning it. I'll play it by the forecast I guess. The 14th-16th should still be pretty good, if I don't end up going next week.

13. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    My morning hunt ended at 9:15 A.M. Got a text from work that they wanted to speak with me. Got down, went back to truck, called the number they text at and it was BUSY !!! They just called me back to let me know my resume' was at the top of the list for the position. I was happy to hear them say "there are no other applicants in or outside of the company that even comes close to matching your qualifications and experience".

On the hunting front: Saw nothing for the 2+ hours of hunting this morning. Think I will go hit the stand I missed the nice 9 point in the other night. I think I will pop a doe for some more meat if one shows up tonight) I have also decided to take out the broke leg spike buck. Sorry guys if this pisses any off but I hold by the tradition of my Father and Grandfather to put down any severly injured deer. It is more of a ethical/mercy killing thing in my eyes.

Tony.......................did not text you back about the news, had nothing to report until just now buddy.

Will.........................what the heck is a pom-pommed?

Be safe and hunt hard !!!!

Dave

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  14. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dave congrats on the position thats great buddy. Good luck getting your deer.

I went out yesterday with a buddy and we sat for 6 hours in the blind. We got our first real snow and I figured it would have the deer up and moving and if nothing else they would be headed to food a little earlier. I usually see at least 6 deer in this draw. We only saw one, a good 8 point but he stayed about 60 yards away behind some tamaracks looking for the source of the grunting. I really wish I'd have set the decoy up I think he would have come on in if he saw a source for the sound. The first rifle season just ended too so this may have messed them up a little. Still no signs of the rut.

Will how was South Dakota?

15. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Guys...I have been doing some thinking and have came to the conclusion that I no longer want to be a part of Team 6. Its been a blast but it is time to move on. I'm mainly tired of Tony's gloating and silly antics. Something needs to be done with him. Hopefully another team takes the title this year so I'll be on a new team next year. Good luck chaps!

16. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Umm, I get ready to walk out the door to hunt and see this post. It is a joke, right?

Dave

17. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow...trouble on the home front, eh?

Aaron...Tony is really a good guy although he likes talking about my sack. Hope you guys get it worked out!

18. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Donnie jumped on Aaron's computer ...ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They know they can't beat us by putting deer down so they are trying to infiltrate our team and cause dis function.

:ninja:

20. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    O.K......enough with the sneaky tactics. Now you infilraters have pissed me off. Going out to shoot my best buck ever...I hope)

Dave