Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I noticed that as well... I was disappointed when I seen we wasn't in red..:whip:

2. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will, you girls suck. Get used to being in black ink! ;)

3. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will..........good advice on the yardage markers which I generally follow. Put that stand up a week ago and in my haste to be as silent as possible I decided not to put up markers. Tough break on my part but hey that is how it goes sometimes. Speaking of respect, that is fine about the scoreboard. I do not need a bunch of red numbers to tell me who is rocking this contest. Matter of fact, I think I am gonna go shoot me a big one this morning)))

P.S did not sleep much lastnight thinking of my miss. I blame PT for that, texting me yesterday morning while I was at work about all the deer he was seeing and a nice 120 eight point broadside at 20 yards. Damn you PT)))))

Dave

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  4. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I guess you're right Dave. The red isn't completely necessary. In the end, we know the family is winning this thing. Through all the "girl" comments and such, we will remain champions. Sometimes, under the radar is a better way to fly. We'll assess as we go...carry on.

Reel in a dandy today, buddy!

Glad to see you put some points up for your team, Rob. Congrats!

5. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fred I hadn't thought about that but I'm sure you are right. That is cool!

Dave tough break, spend enough time in the stand and it is going to happen. Stay with it, your hard work will pay off.

No luck at all last night, I did have a fork horn inside of 50 yards for about 20 minutes but then I got covered up with cows the rest of the night. Early in the sit I had 2 large groups of turkeys move through, 51 in total. That made the first couple hours move pretty quick. I took a friend that doesn't hunt often he ended up seeing 7 deer mostly in the last half hour of light. No big boys though.

We get no respect, no respect I tell ya!

6. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its cold snowing and beautiful outside and I'm inside. So I have a bunch of days since I never take off work and decided I'd take afternoon off and help my buddy get his buck. I've got a couple scouted for him and know their patterns the only bad thing is I think I'm going to help him get a better buck than I got.

Will I have my tag purchased and confirmed the days off with the boss man because I have lots of days and he said if I don't use them I'll lose them so I'm good to go. Have you heard anything on my other dilema?

Hope your South Dakota hunt is going well.

NY good luck the 5th buddy get out there and put some bone down.

PT shoot a doe already lol

Dave hope you hammer one of those bucks.

Drenman sounds like the does are there shortly the bucks will be too. Good luck buddy.

7. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Other than Texting with PT all morning and watching the squirrels, I saw a cat.)) Nice big ole tan and black Tabby. How many points are cats again?

Dave

8. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    They are only worth 5 points but I hear they taste just like chicken.

9. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Finch is enroute to my place as we speak... we are gonna hunt hard this evening and tomorrow... though neither one of can help our teams point-wise... We still giving everything we got... I have a big empty spot on my wall that really wants filling this year.

10. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm staying home today I think, rain/snow mix 35 degrees I can deal with but the 25-40mph winds not so much. Tomorrow is PERFECT, all be in the stand all day.

11. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't end up getting off work for the afternoon. Another guy was wanting to get out hunting, and since I took yesterday off I went ahead and let him go.

I'm hunting all day Saturday and Sunday unless the landowner of that new property wants to meet up and look it over. If that's the case I'll be scouting Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning before an afternoon hunt.

12. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    NY .... don't worry about rattling and scents ... get where the does are and sit still ... it will happen

Scott ... uh ... you gotta be WHERE THE DEER ARE to kill one ... just sayin....

Fred ... we will NEVER keep you out of the loop, Bro ... we wanna make sure you come back next year after this latest performance :D

Dave ... you WERen't texting me all morning ... I think you have found another .. just tell me .. I can take it .. :sad:

Will ... to heck with the nay sayers ..we rule and they drool .... tho you better lay down some serious horn ;)

Aaron .. when you see Donnie, kick him in the junk for me ... thanks

Cowboy ... they won't get close enough!!! lol

Matt ... I wont go out in that crap either .... go get 'em tomorrow, Brah!

Clint .... where that big ole, every other year buck you promised me? :D

Isaiah ... check in Bro .. I am starting to worry your not ok ...

I saw a Momma and her 2 little ones @ 60 yards this morning and that was it ... it is over 60 here ... way to warm for my liking ...

13. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Tony..........quit whining about the heat and get my darn doe. As far as there being another, trust me, no one could replace you!!!

Heading to the woods in 30 minutes.

Dave

14. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awwww ... you say the sweetest thing ...

Now KILL!!!!

15. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Dave good luck and way to get out there.

PT quit being a :jaw: and go get a doe.

Hope Clint is having some good luck I have a feeling he is going to put down a big buck.

Aaron way to hang on to the spirit man hope you get a big one.

I hope Isaiah is getting some sits in.

16. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tony,

Here's my serious plan, if it's not over 120 in SD, then it will be a doe on the last day. 120 inches is about as big as they come in the Black Hills. I'm looking for something over 130 in Missouri-not too sure what to expect. I'll be there for four days. It's does only in Nebraska with Colby, and then I'm off to Washington State for a balcktail. In Washington, it will have to be one hellva buck before I'll shoot it. Otherwise, I will shoot a doe there too. My ace in the hole is the week between Christmas and New Years. I'll be in Texas with deer running around everywhere. I will kill a buck then for sure! Have faith Brother, I do.

17. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No doubt. If he doesn't run out of arrows first, Will will definitely kill something.

18. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tony and Colby, I've never shot a buck before Veterans Day at the earliest. It's not because I want to do that but that's when the bigger deer show up where I hunt. I've got every Friday off through November with Thanksgiving week off to get the job done. I'm hoping to nail a doe this Friday or Saturday morning. Hopefully a big one will show up instead.

Good luck everybody, knock them dead.

Clint

19. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Will and Clint ... I have the utmost confidence that you guys will get it done. ,. I am just cheerleading :D

20. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I notice you did not add my name in there.......................man has the love grown thin around here.))

Just for that I am shooting a spike or a forker.

Tony I called you to apologize for not answering your multiple/stalker text. No, the broke leg forker came no closer. If he had I was considering shooting him to put him out of his misery. At 6:00pm I had 3 doe and spike buck come in and feed on acorns. I was going to pop the largest doe then I saw a large bodied deer moving in from my right. Caught glimpses of a rack so I held off on the doe thinking it may be a good buck. It was a large fork buck and with his arrival the doe meandered away.

Guess I will hit it again tomm. morning.

Dave