Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes sir a muley or antelope id be able to help with.

I like will's idea of beating your score from last year get out as much as possible. I'm pumped for how we are doing and we can keep on rolling

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

2. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My 50 points from last year should be easy enough to match. I've tagged at least 1 deer every year since I was 12, so I really expect to continue that.

My trail camera's have really only shown me 1 buck that I really want to kill, but new ones will start showing up any day with the rut approaching.

The lack of sign on my farm has led me to go sign up for some public land close to me. I grew up hunting these woods, and have taken a couple bucks off here. Last year alone, I know of a 180, and 2 160's taken off here. I didn't scout it this past winter, but I'm fairly confident in a few of my spots if no one has found them this year.

3. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We just took the lead ... way to go, Matt!!!

4. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Got the text too.

Congrats Matt!

TINEACIOUS!!!

5. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Tineacious

6. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Scott way to improvise buddy. During rut you never know what may come cruising though your property if you have the girls the boys will come.

7. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    We may have the unofficial lead, but we can't let up.

Stay on the gas guys. We were just in the middle of the pack at this time last year before soaring to the top. Let's not allow another team to sneak up on us.

8. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fred just put up another 50 and made the 200 club ta boot! Way to go, Fred!

9. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the nanny Fred way to hit the 200 club.

Tineacious on a roll

10. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Like I just told PT in a text.................HELL YEAH BABY!!!! Great going guys and a big congrats.
    Heading to the woods in an hour, going to see if I can make the climber work with my partially healed foot. Maybe I can add another 130plus to that score? LoL

Dave

11. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    I post a message about keeping our foot on the gas, and Fred throws another 50 points on the board!

Congrats on the doe, and making the 200 Point Club!

12. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Can I still shoot doe's please?)))

Dave

13. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Get it done Dave. Your foot will heel Tineacious will last forever. Good luck with the buck man. Put down some Bone and lets stay on the Tineacious Throne! (Even though I'm kinda piggy backing lol)

14. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    3 in a row on the scorecard boys! Should be 4 if Fred hustles a little, by the way congrats on the doe! Good work!

I had a great morning in the stand, good movement and even a little prerut activity.

Just after first light I had 2 does show up about 60 yards to the north of me on the field edge, they hung out and fed for probably 20 minutes before ducking back into the woods behind me. They slowly worked their way though the woods and ended up just skirting me to the east. They crossed the creek and continued to forage for acorns at about 70 yards. As they started to leave I figured I would grunt at them and see if I could get there attention, grunted 3 times and the smaller doe started back towards me. She probably got about 15 yards my way when the older doe blew at her and she turned around they both walked out of site.

About 5 minutes later I catch movement to the south out in the field, it's a buck that is on a bee line towards my stand. I think he must have heard the grunting and decided to check it out. He was good enough I grabbed my bow and started to try to size him up, as he closed I decided he was close but not quite what I was looking for. He walked within 10 yards of my stand and past me to the north, when he got to about where the does had been standing earlier he looked back down the field edge. So I turned to find another young buck with 3 does headed my way, the bigger buck turned and headed their way then circled the younger buck a couple times and then they squared off for a little sparing match. As they scuffled the does moved into the woods in front of me. The bigger buck chased off the young one and then he came into the woods with a mission, he cut one of the does off the pack and started dogging her around in front of me. He ended up stopping 20 yards dead in front of me broadside, I drew on him because by this time I had him at around 115-120". I put the pin on him and....

Have you ever seen in a who done it when you end up with the good guy getting the drop on a bad guy and another "good" guy. The main character points his gun at the bad guy and takes aim and then just when you think they are going to shot him dead he makes a quick move and shoots the other "good" guy because he had figured him out. Well it was kind of like that, with the pin hovering on his chest I decided that he wasn't quite what I was looking for so I moved the pin 10 yards behind him and whacked the doe watching him put on his show.

She went 30 yards started to wobble and fell 15 feet into the creek below. Always a good feeling to watch them go down!

15. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Man you had me confused. I saw the pictures of the doe but your were talking bout drawing on a buck. LOL

Good doe, good story, way to keep us going. Congratulations.

16. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Matt and Fred! This team is on a mission this year. I'm definitely going to do better this year than last.

Scott, keep after it. I think you and I are going to get some nice bucks this year. We are due.

Cowboy and Will I think I may take you guys up on that mule deer offer.

Keep slinging arrows team.

17. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    SLAM! Two more go down! Way to go Matt and Fred-Congrats! Welcome into the 200 club Fred!

Matt, loved your story. As I was reading, I was imagining every detail and even sensed your thought process. Too cool!

I hope Fred enters his doe quickly...four in a row would be like a nail in a coffin. Remember last year when we bagged three in a row? That was the turning point, it will be the same this year!

Clint, Plan it!

Let's get busy gang! Let's keep the heat on!

I heard from my elk hunters today, Another 5x5 bull was killed. The lucky hunter was Tony Sansalone from Texas. (SticknString). He shared camp with a bunch of us last year. I am extremely happen for him. A lot of small bucks were passed over. I'm heading up tomorrow to lend a hand.

18. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Matt and Fred!!

Matt rocking the Championship attire also I see!! :D

19. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Tony, I know you give me crap about my loyal following to the Cardinals, but in 2006 I was at the game to watch them win the World Series.

A few weeks later I killed what was my best bow kill buck at the time.

Tomorrow night I will be going to Game 7. They just may win their 11th World Series, and who knows........maybe if you send enough good wishes my way, I may just repeat history myself....

20. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out for a A.M hunt. Goodluck to those hunting, those who have tagged out early have fun sleeping in. Dream of us shooting monster bucks))))

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, went down to the farm last night and attempted to use the climber. That was a no go, after the second lift up the tree I felt some minor pain in my foot. Decided not to chance it and slid back down the few feet I did manage to get up the tree. Deer sightings: Saw one deer while walking or should I say hobbling out of the woods. I think it may have been "Player", an O.K eight point, guessed him around 110. I saw him several times last year and got several pictures. "Player" as I call him thinks he is all that with the ladies which is why I named him "Player". it was warm last night, a lot warmer than it has been the last couple of days. Walked outside this morning at 4:15 and that cold front has moved through.
    It is cold as heck out there now !!

Dave

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011