Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be getting some of that too once my trip comes closer. I hope I'm not passing big bucks all day.

I'm in the middle of now hunters ed so I can shoot a doe in another state. Never dreamed id spend a dime on an out of state doe hunt. But for this team ill give my all.

Dave u got us so much closer congrats.

Love you all and let's do this

Tineacious style baby

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Booyeah! Atta boy Dave! Man, hard work and persistence pays! Congrats my friend! Kill that buck now!

Clint, I have a feeling it's gonna be either you or Scott next. I wouldn't be surprised if the two of you kill monsters on the same day!

PT, give yourself a little time on the buck...do try to get a good one. On day seven, you can buzz the tower! "Ghost Rider, the pattern is full".

Let's keep the heat on gents!

A few more photos from this past weekend. There are still eight hunters using my Buena Vista home. I talked to one today. He said they were getting dumped on with snow. Tomorrow should be awesome for elk and deer hunting! The fresh snow makes deer and elk easier to find. He also said he was on 15 elk and eight muleys today but couldn't get any shots...bummer.

[​IMG]

Tom's brother James with his first ever deer.

[​IMG]

This next one is Wayne Jusslin (a.k.a Papa Bear) with a massive cow. That's my sister in the background doing the feild dressing.

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to Friday night. I cannot wait to help these eight finish out their Colorado hunting.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  3. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dave congrats on the doe and getting the monkey off your back!!!

4. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Colby when are you and Will going on the hunt?

Will, looks like there have been a lot of high fives on that mountain the last few days. Congrats to all the lucky hunters.

Clint, I share Will's gut feeling that you are the next to score big for us.

I'm getting out of work at noon today. The early drizzle is going to allow me to slip in and hang another new stand. I'm going to check 2 other areas out as well, and hopefully make it to a tree by 3:30. As long as the heavy rain stays away, the weather will be perfect.

5. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Scott good luck buddy on today's hunt. Hope its a good one. We are aiming for late November sometime.

Will I bet those guys on the moutain are in the thick of it today with the snow.

6. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Colby,

I talked to them this morning. I was told the snow is still coming down pretty hard. Three lads are going to try to brave the weather. The others are going to wait until tomorrow... they want to let their muscles recover. Man, I wish I was there! When I have snow combined with elk hunting it is just a matter of time...an elk goes down.

Five of the eight are from Illinois. Hopefully, these guys will help the southern boys deal with the snow.

Good luck out there today Scott!

Reese, what are your plans?

7. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Man right after a snow is the best time to elk hunt. Those boys need to get out there in it. That cold weather will have the elk moving and push them down the moutains.

8. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Will
    Have to work saturday till one, finishing my hunny do list and then cleared for an all day sit on sunday. Got a chitload done this past weekend....so I am cleared for the next few weekends for hunts.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  9. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am holding you to this promise Will. Not this year, next year is my year for an elk hunt)))

Dave

10. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Will got the online cert taken care of and recieved my voucher for a field day. I talked to my DOW people and he didn't know anyone certified around here or even close and didn't know much about it so I don't know what it takes to get the cert after the field day.

11. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck timeBig buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time

That is all I have to say.

Dave

12. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Man of few words :o

13. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    That one little doe has set a fire in me, reinvigorated me. I am ready to go. Depending on the weather I may take off early tomm to hunt. I want to try to use the climber with my healed foot to setup on what I believe is that big buck travel route.

Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck timeBig buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time Big buck time

Dave

14. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Dave,

I'll be here, and I will make you my priority! Bring it! Remember boyz, I am setting up my big camp for both elk and antelope. If you can be here, it would be an honor to host everyone.

Colby, Let me make a few calls...will get back to you. We're still ok...
    Yeah, spme critters are going down in the mountains tomorrow!

Reese, get after em! Good luck on Sunday!

15. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the confidence guys. I'm going to put in the time this year and make it happen. Good luck to everyone going out this weekend. I'm excited even though it's usually Vets day before I see any of the big ones. Hopefully this year will be different and they move a little sooner.

Will, that's a nice looking mule deer. I've gotta get me one of those one of these years.

16. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Dave glad your foots getting all healed up and your ready to put down a buck.

KS I have a feeling your gonna get a big one.

Anyone heard from Isaiah?

Will we will be good to go no matter what can always get the accompanyment tag since I have to have a baby sitter lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

17. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had very high hopes for this afternoons hunt, but it was a bust.

This was my first hunt in a stand I had hung last spring. This spot showed a lot of promise, but as I looked around today, there is not even a single track in the area. I'm amazed by this, since last March this place screamed big buck spot.

This is also my 2nd spot that has dried up since my spring scouting. Not just showed a little less deer activity, but there is NO activity through these spots.

I'll be out again Sunday morning. Eventually a deer has to walk in front of me...

18. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Scott stick with it man you ARE going to connect dude!!!
    I have both my tags now so if its brown its down on sunday!!! wait....I gotta beat PT's 100 incher, sooooo maybe not quite a button buck :P

19. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna give it everything to get there for antelope Will, I've got plenty of time to save money and make plans...

20. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Reese,

I want nothing less than 182 points from you this year...everyone should try to bump their last year's total score. Both Aaron and Fred have done it so far. Colby is new and has set the bar high for himself. He is also going the extra mile for an additional 50 points. Let's hit the woods with that attitude...

Last year's score card (what a team!):

Team 6- Total- 1153 4/8""
    Buckmaster- 50
    SouthernMDArcher- 50
    Iamyourhuckleberry- 50
    Preacher Tony- 50
    Isaiah- 50
    Scott/IL- 50
    iamyourhuckleberry- 150 7/8"
    FEB- 115 1/8"
    Preacher Tony- 57 5/8"
    SouthernMDArcher- 115 2/8"
    Reese- 131 7/8"
    Reese- 50
    FEB- 50
    kshunter- 50
    drenman- 132 6/8"

Clint, I'm sure either Colby or I could help you out with a muley! When you are ready...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011