Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    uploadfromtaptalk1319551897243.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1319551926052.jpg

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LOL...now that's the spirit!

3. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just cleared my vacation days with the boss.

Starting Sunday, I will be in the woods all day Oct 30th, Nov. 5th through the 9th, and Nov. 11th through the 13th. These days will be my best chance to get something on the ground.

I did have to use one my days for our gun opener. It's kind of a tradition for me.

4. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like you should be right in the wheel house there Scott.

I'll be hunting hard the 2nd-10th with 5 days off of work in the stretch, I leave the 11th on a "business trip" and rifle starts the 12th here in Nebraska. When I get back I'll have a few days with the family while rifle wraps up and then I can get back in the stand. Hopefully I have something down before rifle this year.

5. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Best of luck Scott and Matt, you know I'm rooting for you two!

Matt, I'm going to run Colby up to 24 River with a season's choice tag. Hopefully we can get him a doe and another 50 points for the GREATEST team on the planet.

6. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys we are making our break for the leader boards. We are currently 3rd behind team 27 (451 3/8) and
    Team 11 (384 7/8) putting us roughly 72 3/8 from the lead. The great news is we only have three guys on the board and we are in third so if we keep hitting em, especially with this little roll we are on we should be golden.

I've got plans to get out of state and try to get a doe, thanks to Will. I'm having to jump through some hoops so lets make it worth it. Everyone put down some deer. The rut is right around the corner so hopefully we can get some bone on the ground during that time. Good luck everyone and be safe.

7. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good stuff Will!

Yep, a couple of does and we'll be on top, right where we belong:o

I'm taking a cousin from Florida to Wisconsin for a 4 day hunt, leaving tomorrow morning. It's damn cold up there and we might be hitting it at the perfect time. I'll be looking for a doe, but I'll gladly take another slammer too!

I'll be cut off from the net, so Good luck fellas!

8. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I should have something on the board having ten days off .... all day sits .... I'm done being picky ... look for 100+ frombthe Preacher by next weekend :)

9. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Feb good luck in Wisconsin.

PT hope you have a great ten days put something on the ground.

10. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Just got confirmation on a doe down I won't say who. Good for him. Congrats buddy!

11. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    LOL nevermind PT posted it.

Way to go DAVE!

12. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    First off woohoo..........that damn monkey is off my back. Posted her with the pics in the contest thread.

Now my story: Decided at noon today to take off work at 1. Ran home showered, grabbed my gear and was in stand at 3pm. PT text me at 4:05 asking if I had seen anything, I replied no. Right after I slid my cell phone in my pocket I looked up the hillside and all I saw was rack moving slowly down the hill. I stood slowly, grabbed the bow and watched this massive 8 point that I field guessed easily in the upper 130's and maybe barely over 140.

Needless to say I was pumped. The deer came within 35 yards at one point but would not come down the hill any further. I wiggled and bobbed the best I could to find a shooting lane but could not find one. Guys this encounter went on for darn near 30 minutes. He would head to my right, I would grunt, he would come back but would never present a clear shot. That sequence happened four times before he finally walked off slowly down towards the creek/pond.

So now it is almost 5pm and I am watching intently thinking this buck may try to circle me and head downwind behind me. This get's us to the doe being shot, I had just checked my watch and it was 5:40pm and I hear a loud crack to my right. I know, I am thinking the same thing "the 8 point", I look and it is two doe coming off my right. I quickly grab the bow, get ready and with a "whaaaaa" stop them both perfectly in my shooting lane. "whack goes the arrow" She ducked and turned into it, luckily I aimed a little low knowing they were on alert. Arrow went in mid body height, peferct left to right then clipped the back of the shoulder which pushed the arrow up into her spine. "I spine shot the girl" My first thought was "damnit, she aint going no where".

Second shot was through the heart as she layed on the ground. Guys, thanks so much for supporting and believing in me, this deer means the world to me.
    2011doe2.JPG doe3.JPG

Dave

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  13. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Dave! I knew you would do it sooner than later, way to stick with it!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

14. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Again Dave... So happy for you!

We're less than a doe from the Lead!!

And Cool Pumpkins Colby!

15. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Way to hang in there Dave. I KNEW you were you going to pull through. I could not be happier for you!

We are inching closer here boys.....

I hunted tonight. We had a strong wind today, with gusts over 40 mph. I decided that carrying my Lone Wolf in with me wasn't the best idea, so I took a chair and made me a natural blind on the field edge I was planning on hunting. I had only been there about 30 minutes, when I looked behind me and a doe was crusing through the woods. There was no way I could of pulled a shot off with all the brush between me and her, and she never ventured into the field. Had I been sitting in a stand, instead of on the ground, I am pretty sure a shot would have presented itself.

Temps are supposed to cool off 20-25 degrees tonight, but with 80% chance of showers tomorrow, an afternoon hunt is still up in the air. As long as it is not a down pour I'll be out there with my rain jacket.

16. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Some of you may remember that I got permission to hunt a property that a family friend owned in one of the mega counties in Illinois, but he had to check with his brother first.

Well I did recieve full permission to go in there, but I just had to have a tour from his brother to show me the property, and tell me where him and his dad were planning on gun hunting at so I wouldn't disturb those stands.

I was supposed to go this past Saturday for the tour, and then Sunday I was going to scout/hang stands over there. However, the brother was still in the process of getting his crops out, so I did not want him to have to stop that to accommodate me.

Once our 2nd gun seasons are over (1st weekend in December), I will try to get over there again. Even if I can't salvage anything for this season, I will be better prepared for 2012. Like I said earlier, this is one of the top counties in Illinois. When people look for places to come kill the buck of a lifetime, this area is always in the conversation.

17. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dave ... you seriously are a hero of mine .... :)

this team is full of guys that give their all ... I am so honored to be on TINEACIOUS ... you guys rock!

FYI guys .... we must remember to give ALL the glory to God ... He is worthy :)

18. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Amen PT..............I could have not said it any better.

Dave

19. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations Dave, nobody deserves it more than you. Now get on that big buck you saw. Cooler weather this week plus I have the weekend off could spell trouble for a doe.

Colby I slept in Sunday. I don't want to over hunt my stands or get burned out too early.

Clint

20. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just ordered a 1oz bottle of TimberValley's 4 Play as per Will's recommendation... I'm excited about using this stuff! Should be here around November 2nd! :D