Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haha that's exactly what I thought too Aaron. This thing is a total stud, and I can't wait to see what he tapes out at.

Sounds like a great hunt Clint. I can't wait to see what you put down this year.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    HeHe, I knew I had you guys with the crappy cell phone pic.
    A quick taping is putting him in the mid 150's!
    I want to double and triple check before making it official tomorrow.
    Got alot still to do tonight and gotta get some sleep.
    Story and more pics to come.
    Let me just say I was grunting at a smaller buck and this one came in ready to kick everybodys ass!
    Thanks again

4. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesone fred. 150's sound good to me, will make up for my lack of production.

Now on to the continuing saga which is me: 0710 I had two doe come off my left side and a little behind. Larger of the two doe turned right and headed away through some thick brush leaving me no shot. The second doe popped out into my shooting lane slightly quartering away. I drew for I knew was an 18 yard shot, Released the arrow and watched it enter and exit perfect. The Doe bucked up stepping on the arrow and breaking it as she ran off straight away from me.

Now she is 35 yards straight out in front of me and is facing me. I can see blood pumping from both sides of her and she has her head down and is wobbling. I thought for sure she was going to drop there. Then the other doe walks by her and up the hill, she follows. I waited until 0930, got down and walked to were she stood.................large piles of blood.

Left my bow in the tree and the broke arrow in the creek, walked back to my truck which is the opposite direction the deer went. Text the wife and she came down to help me find her. Final result............massive blood trail for 70 yards then nothing, found blood trail again 15 yards further up "once again massive blood trail" it went for another 15 or 20 yards then nothing.

Searched until 3pm and could not find her. Went back down the woods with my climber and setup 40 yards from the last blood, climbed 35 feet up to scan the woods. Got down at dark and searched until 10pm. Yet again I fail. UNBELIEVABLE......................what is going on this year damnit?????

Dave

5. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The chicks are TOUGH! My buddy center punched his doe the other night and she went 300+ yards thru 2 creek crossings and up 2 big hills before she died in the creek bottom. Stick with it Dave, you'll find her.

Fred congrats on a slammer of a buck! He is awesome! Looking forward to the whole story.

I took my daughter out last night and sat in a blind on my favorite field. We saw one deer back in the woods but I'm pretty sure she saw our blind tucked back in the plum thicket and thought twice about stepping into the field. We did have a group of Jakes and Toms get close so we spent some time watching them chase each other around. We had a good time together, that was the point of the trip.

I've got a busy start to the week so probably won't get out until Thursday or Friday. From this weekend on I will be in the stand as much as I possibly can.

6. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dave it sounds like she is laying somewhere out there. Hang in there, your luck WILL change!

It's getting to be that time of year boys. We need to be spending every chance we get in a tree. To win this thing, we will need everyone on the team to tag at least 1 deer, like we did last year.

Temps are in the low 80's for the early part of the week, but a big cold front is moving through middle part of the week. I have the next 6 weekends off, but my sister thought this Saturday would be a good day to have me help her move. I'm going to try and get out of work early Tuesday and Wednesday for a hunt, and if not I'll be in a tree Sunday morning.

Fred's buck puts us right in the thick of things. Let's rally around that and take the lead!

7. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fred awesome deer man that thing is huge. Way to keep us going and throwing alot of points on the board for us. We needed that.

Haven't heard from NYHunter lately hope he had a good weekend hunting.

Will hope everything is going good at Elk camp PM or call me when you get a chance.

Dave I still see big things happening for you hang in there.

Kshunter how was the rest of your weekend?

Scott sounds like your in the thick of them just waiting on the right one, good luck buddy.

This sitting on the sidelines crap sucks! Put me in the Game Coach!!!

8. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    im here, sadly i couldnt hunt this weekend nor the next :( my brothers came home from bootcamp saturday and we had family over all weekend and i have school during the week and next weekend my brother is leaving to go to school of infantry so more family is comeing over!!!looks like november 5th will be my next hunt.

9. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Hey buddy its good to hear from ya and glad you spent time with the family. Thank you to your brothers for their service.
    Good luck on the 5th.

10. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fred, FRIGGIN awesome! You are my hero for the week! Congrats on a super fine deer! I am so happy for you!

Clint, good stuff...stay after it.

Colby, way to help a friend!

PT. misses happen...tell yourself, "it's just a deer." You'll get em next time.

Dave, hang in there...one year, I shot three elk just as perfect as perfect could be. I never recovered any of them...
    The next year I shot 35 big game animals with a single arrow and recover all of them. **** happens..., but keep a positive attitude.

The weekend proved to be another fine couple of days in the elk woods. Two cows, a bull, and a 5x5 muley bought the farm. My legs and back are terribly sore from packing meat. All the elk were shot at timberline and the pack back to the truck was well over 1.5 miles. I did a lot of shuttling quarters until the troops arrived. It was nice having bodies to help carry meat-everyone pitched in until all the meat was off the mountain. The deer was a young man's first...his brother also shot his first elk (cow). The bull was also a first for the hunter. I'll try to get some photos up for everyone to see. Elk hunting sure is a lot of work! I'll be back up there this coming weekend, and then I'll get busy on killing my share of the deer!

Any word from Isaiah? I was thinking of him the entire weekend. I was hoping the bye weekend gave him the time he needs!

I'm so proud of you guys!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  11. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    I think Isaiah's bye week starts now. He was in London yesterday, they are probably just getting settled back in and getting some much needed sleep.

12. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    So after lastnight non recovery, I verified my bow setup again.

RANGE TO 50.jpg

top arrow is 20 yards
    center arrow is 30 yards
    bottom arrow is 40 yards
    center right is 50 yards.

All with broadheads. I do not know what the @#$% "you add your own four letter word" is going on with my bad luck. If you would have told me before the season started I would not recover two deer that I know i made good vital shots on, I would have said your nuts. Anyone want to take bets on three is a charm?

Dave/Confused

13. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, you shoot a 3rd and it is on the board. Go ahead and make it a monster just for a good measure!

14. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Dave,

I'll bet you an elk hunt down the road (at your leisure); THREE WILL BE the charm-a deer is coming home with you!

Stuff like that happens to the best of us...it's just a matter of time if you do this enough. Work through it, stay positive. I'm not sure why, but everything has a purpose... if nothing else, it's humbling.

Brother, keep swinging!

15. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Nice shooting Dave. I bet your third one is a charm what do you want to bet on it?

16. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Humbling................I am so humble now it is pathetic. I guess my frustration is that I have never had a year like this. Started bowhunting at 12/13 years old and in all that time have never had a year like this one. It just sickens me the thought that I am slinging arrows at deer and not recovering what I know to be Dead deer.

I am hopeful that the Highs of actually tagging something this year will be worth all this frustration, second guessing myself and the abundant feeling of letting everyone down. So like you said, "humble" if I was any more humbled by this seasons experience thus far I would not have a pulse. "Deer/Dear Lord lift this curse off me, I have paid my due's and have accepted your punishment/humbling lessons". Hope that prayer helps))))

Dave

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  17. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Colby, I do think it's the 24 River. Let me check and see for sure. I will get back to you! I like that price!

18. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Thus is bow hunting man. It has its highs and lows. You are just being tested to see if you deserve the big one that's going to walk in front of you seeing if u will be able to settle your nerves then your pins then arrow. Good luck buddy.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

19. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the price is awesome! I haven't ordered yet waiting in confirmation. Id hate to jump the gun and screw up so I'm double checking everything. I did get those dates cleared with the boss man

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

20. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Dave,

LOl...I hear ya, but still, things could be worse. Could you imagine yourself as PT? It must suck living in a state that doesn't let hunters hunt until Oct. 15th, right?

Take a deep breath and get back on the bull! It's not called "easy" for a reason.

Colby,

I will jump Asap! I will make a call....