Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats again Aaron, like Colby said, you are a machine!

As far as the 4-play, I wouldn't see why not. In the past I have use Cavan's volumizer in a zip loc bag. You pour a small amount of the scent into the volumizer and mix it all up. Then, pour the volumizer onto the ground where you want your buck to stand (and I do mean WHERE you want your buck to stand). I would then hang the empty bag about five feet off the ground so the prevailing winds pick up the scent. When I was in Illinois last year, I had 40 bucks in three days position directly under the bag-each would have been an easy shot. I even have photos of bucks with their noses inside the bag. While hunting in Alberta With Rocky Steers (youngfart), we each used the scent to effectively kill monsters! I am not a gadgets guys, but I am telling everyone, THIS STUFF WORKS! It'll bring a buck outside of bow range right to your feet. When he smells the LOVE, he'll come in on a line!

I'm getting four bottles of the stuff! Rocky has ordered five!

It looks like I'm heading to Missouri for four days before Thanksgiving. I'll be using 4-play there, in South Dakota, Nebraska, and Texas. I cannot wait to see the results!

Isaiah and Scott, jump on this stuff. It will net both of you some killer bucks! Matt, this stuff is a game changer. No husker buck will be able to resist! Dave, you'll own your swamp donkey!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  2. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last night's hunt was a bust for me, didn't see a thing. My buddy, deerdork, on the other side of the woods had a great night night and shot a doe.

3. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll definantly have to check some out Will. One of my favorite ways to hunt during the rut is over a decoy, and some kind of scent to go with the decoy is a must.

4. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Aaron your a machine this year, now if only PT would step up LOL
    I have the go ahead for an evening sit tonite, passed one buck up earlier...PT told me to shoot him but there is a way bigger guy on that parcel of land than him. In saying that with the limited time I have to hunt he just might get an arrow this evening Wind is perfect for tonite's stand, and I am digging in my gas line this weekend.
    Good luck out there fella's , shoot straight and stay safe

5. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Reese good luck tonight buddy. If you get bored or get some action shoot me a text. We are about to start lighting up the boards I can feel it. Game on Get Some

6. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Put something on the ground Reese!

I'm going to try and hunt Friday, if I can get out of work on time.

7. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Scott good luck friday buddy hope you get some good sits in. Text me if you get anything down.

8. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there guys.

Colby I must have pronounced it wrong, I bet that's it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  9. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Colby, PM your number, I don't think I've got it yet.

That goes for the rest of you as well. I've already got Tony's, Reese's, and Aaron's, so go ahead and PM me the rest!

10. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Went to check camera's after two and half weeks. Zero pictures. As I am walking to second camera there is a guy in what use to be my primary stand muzzleloader hunting "season open today". I AM DONE

11. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to order some of that 4-play... I'm going to try it on a mock scrape on my new lease... I know there are big deer there... just gotta get a hold of them! When's the best time to start using this stuff... Pre-Rut, Peak of the Rut...? All of the above?

12. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Dave, that sucks... how did all of that play out?

Try to stay positive...

13. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Listen chump, you will regret you didn't take him as the wife has a ring on your johnson and doesn't let you hunt enough ;)

Dave ... keep at it, Bro ... you need to put one down for YOU!

anyone hear for Reese? Maybe Momma aint lettin him out :D

14. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I walked up to the base of the treestand, looked up at him, shaked my head and walked away. The guy got down as I was walking away and wondered off. This year is a bust as far as I am concerned, to many obstacles to overcome. Doe.....maybe...............Buck...........you all better pray I get super lucky !!!! Hunting property is destroyed, two and half weeks and not one single picture. Feeder boxes I put out "three had camera's near them" emptied by squirrels and racoons.

Dave

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  15. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Hang tough Dave, you will overcome!

Colby, Get either the $55 or the $80 antlerless tag. If we hunt north of I-90, you are good to go. I will make the arrangements for something north... I do not have stands set there but they won't take long to hang.

16. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have to wait till november 5 to hunt again! a little bumed out

17. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    I feel your pain buddy. It's tough living through PT and the rag tags of Team 6. But, I cannot think of a better group of guys to have as family.

I'm still hunting elk for the next two weekends. I actually have 22 people coming to Colorado for our second rilfe season, all staying and hunting with me (it's payback time for all the wonderful hunts I've shared elsewhere-and it's payback I do not mind giving). We have a total of six bull licenses, six cow licenses, and six buck licenses. I am anticipating about a 50-60% success rate. There will be some observers in the mix. I'll do my best to fill my tag, but honestly, it's more important to me that everyone else fills theirs.

I'll be back in the deer woods by the first weekend in November (I think that's the 5th). So, for now, I will have to live deer hunting through you fellas. Keep the stories and details coming. I absolutely love reading everyone's hunts, whether they're a success or not.

Hey Dave, Did I tell you I had a Texan take a shot at me last weekend? What a priccccck he was! And an arrogant bastich as well. Seems he owned the mountain...and it's 100% public land. He's being charged with 4 counts of hunter harassment, shooting within 50 feet of the centerline of a road, 4 counts of 1st degree menace, 4 counts of aggravated assault, 4 counts of attempted murder, and 4 counts of reckless endangerment.

LIfe's good buddy....just keep swimming!

18. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Will
    That's the #1 reason why I don't rifle hunt anymore. People have no senses . Good luck on filling freinds tags!
    Rocky
    PS Got a hold of Cavin and talked to him over the phone,it's all been set up,so I won't be hadicapped anymore.LMAO you numbskull!!!!

19. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LOL......I have some time coming up buddy :poke:
    Don't be a hater!!

I have come to the conclusion that this old hag of a doe is going to get whacked as she has foiled more hunts than I care to forget. Crafty ol ***** she is.
    On the way out yesterday the deer were moving all over, I thought great, I am late. Sat in blind till 6 before seeing a deer. Not one buck only does and I have yet to purchase my additional tag. Up here we only get one tag, however with the abundance of deer over the years the MNR decided to allot us extra doe tags. This is the first year I have not purchased one, with some regret, as I would have at least been able to tag a doe, ah such is life ;)
    Keep at it guys the woods are about to come alive and I can see our scoreboard lighting up!!
    I will be out next weekend in full force as I am installing gasline and new furnace this weekend:throw:
    Most of the buck sightings I have been hearing have been just after dark and there are some dandy's being seen from a few of my buddies that are out.

20. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm not in the tree or deer hunting but I am in the blind for my final day of fall turkey season good luck to everyone hunting this weekend.

Am going with the girly friend tomo she has a deer rifle tag so we will see what happens

Will give me a call when you get a chance.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk