Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pt, kill!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You too Clint...Best wishes to everyone!

3. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That was my thoughts too Clint but couldn't resist. If you bored in the stand or get one down shoot me a text man good luck.

Tony good luck today buddy I have a feeling today us your day

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

4. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sneaking out of work at noon today. Conditions are perfect to hunt the spot I killed my 155 from in '09.

5. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We got a big cold/rain front moving in tonight, I gonna head into the woods about 2pm today, hopefully. Good Luck to all!

6. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, you putting too much pressure on yourself, relax and have fun with it. I got in a similar mindset last year and even though the persistance paid off in the end I think it turned into more work than it should be.

Good luck Tony, looking forward to you dropping an Eli. You know, a New York Giant!

Did you ever get a score together Colby?

I'm hunting tomorrow morning, then to work for a few hours and then back out in the late afternoon. Conditions look great tomorrow and it seems like the deer might be starting to move again.

7. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't put a score up yet as I've been swamped. Had the lil ladies birthday yesterday so had to take her out to dinner and shopping. I've got two meeting today one after work but hoping I can get some tape on him right after work. I'm half scared to finish hoping it grows while i'm waiting lol but it only seems to shrink as time goes on. But I'll for sure have it up by tomorrow I promise.

8. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    No problem man, I'm just always interested to see how they tape out. What ever he is it will be great, he's a really nice buck and we definitely need the points!

My guess is 115 5/8", plus or minus. :)

9. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to guess between 105 and 110 the picture makes him look bigger than he is. I will definetly get him on the board for points I wouldn't do that to the team I've saved numerous pictures in other places that way no matter what I'll have the pictures to post if my camera or phone or computer dies. Only getting one tag in Colorado really bites as it went way to fast and I know it won't always be that easy. I'll find a way to get in some more hunts so that I can have the chance to add another 50 points with a doe.

10. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well I had a fun morning in the tree ... about 8:30 I had 6 deer come by @ 20 yards .. they weren't running .. I would say more of a slow trot ... the lead doe was huge .... then what looked to be 4 fawns ... by that time i had drawn ad "MAAAHHed" the last doe which was good size .. she stopped on step to far .... I had the BT at full draw and the pin on the tree she stopped behind .... then they continued to trot away ... no shot

Then at 9:30, one of my favorite buck times, I hear the smallest crunch behind and to my left ... I look and I see what looked like a barrel slowly meandering thru the woods away from me ... then his head came out from behind the tree and he was a NICE NY buck! Very wide, not great tine length tho ... so I watched him to see what he would do and he just kept walking away ... I tried calling him in but he just ignored me ...

I had turkeys around me all morning (season opens the 22nd) and a chipmunk that had to be a booner .. he had 8 sripes on him :D

Can't wait for tonight ... glad to see everyone is spending time in the woods, even that slacker Captain of ours ;)

11. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    PT forget the deer get the Booner Chipmunk I've only seen them with two stripes. 8 would be a wall hanger for sure.

Glad you had a good hunt and got to see lots of deer thats always a good sign.

12. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have to move my position to where I knew to since last year ... there will be blood!

13. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a great morning PT! And off my back lol, I'm getting ready to head out the door. :)

14. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lol .. that's Better! Seriously guys ... we HAVE to repeat this year .... you guys are da bomb! :D

15. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I still SUCK..................but I am heading to the stand now. My bow told me it wants to go to the woods and relax.

Dave

16. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Well at least your bow can relax...

17. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    My Prayer

Dear Lord thank you so much for this tradition you have provided us. This season Lord I don't ask that every hunter be successful or that we all take a big buck. All I ask Lord is that you keep us safe from falls and accidents in the tree and to watch over us as we travel to and from our stands. I give thanks to all those that donate their meat to the hungry Lord and to those that feed their families with the meat they take.

I thank you for all the friends I meet along this path you have set forth for me. Only you know why we choose this sport that we love and let us take the time to thank you for the sights, sounds, and smells of the beautiful nature you have provided us with. Thank for our friends and families that understand and accept our way of life and allow us our time in your woods. Let us reflect on our hunts of the past and those to come oh Lord.

Be with those who have shown us this great tradition Lord and be with those who we have taught and will teach in the years to come. Let us show them the right way and ethical way of hunting. I don't ask Lord that every arrow be a hit Lord all I ask is that you would not let us wound animals and not be able to recover them although we know and accept that this happens from time time even though we don't like it.

Lord today I ask that you be with those that can't hunt with us today and have gone before us. Let us take our peaceful time in the stand to reflect on the great memories and people we have shared them with in the past that are now with you Lord hunting in the Heavens, with the greatest guide of all time. Let us know they are with us on each hunt Lord right by our side as they will always be. Let us be at peace and enjoy what you have given us not take any day or hunt for granted because it may not be here the next day or week or month. Let us hunt each hunt as if it were our last.

Lord thank you for all you have given us and the stories and fires we get to share with great people.

In Jesus name I pray,

Amen

18. drenman

Dislikes Received:
  19. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  20. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Amen, Colby! Dave .. I saw one deer standing under my other stand a few hundred yards away .. I had a fox @ 12 yards away but our season isn't open yet ... I got.a cool video of him ... Dave, did your wind ever come around?