Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    4 more days until i rack up some points for team 6 !! going on a 3 day hunt get to miss a day of school:) then 3 days later my brother comes home for bootcamp gona be a good week!

2. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Man!! I remember hunting instead of going to school... not so easy with work... :D

3. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Only saw one doe tonight at about 35 yards

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

4. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm back from Texas. Wouldn't you know, it rained, and I mean rained hard, the day I hunted deer. I saw nothing in the morning. In the early afternoon, a group of Rio Grande turkeys rushed me. One young jake didn't make it past. At three thirty, a forky, a fawn, and a super skinny doe came in. I was going to kill the doe but two tree rats spooked her off before I had a broadside shot. That was pretty my before sun up to sun down day of hunting in Texas. I'm going back the week between Xmas and New Years...

Where are my manners? Aaron, congrats buddy! You are a machine this year! I know how you feel on the crying fawn...end it fast and move on. I've always said there is nothing glamorous about killing, but it has to be done.

I am going to be elk hunting for the next three weekends. I'm out of the game until the first weekend in November. I'll be watching and cheering for you guys. Good hunting everyone!

The turkey and the deer I saw (I got a break in the rain):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  5. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    7 Sits and I have not seen a darn thing. Picture of the swamp stand I sat lastnight. I would have thought I would see something moving in or out of here but Noooooooooooooooooo !!!! I suck.

Dave
    swamp.jpg

6. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No worries Dave, it will come together. How is the foot?

Will good luck the next few weekends, hopefully you can get a good one down and get back to focusing on putting some points on the board.

PT and NY good luck this weekend!

I probably won't get a chance to get out this week, both kids have a lot going that I'm on the hook to act as chauffeur and ATM. The good news is this is the last week of my son's cross country season and he doesn't start swimming until after the rut. We should be able to get some quality hunting time in over the next few weeks. I might be able to sneek out Sunday for a while, we'll see how it goes.

7. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    4 more sleeps .... and then a week off, tho I may move it to the week after .... I will be hunting most days I am working anyway .... shouldbbe able to fill my contest tags by the end of the first week of November ... Lord willing

8. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    wow Congrat's Aaron!!!!! Way to go man!!
    Sorry guys, been busy the last couple of weeks here, and its not lookin very good for the next two either LOL, kinda sounds like last year eh boys :P
    I will be hitting it hard the last weekend of Oct and the first 2 weeks of Nov.
    The orange army is in the woods now for the next 3 months sooooo...I will be picking and choosing where I hunt.
    Good luck out there guys, hunt hard and stay safe fella's!!!

9. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    PT & NY hope you guys are ready sounds like PTs pumped for the 15th its coming fast (although probably not for you PT).

Will I'm sure all of Texas thanks you for bringing rain to them :) and good luck with your elk hunting these next few weeks.

Aaron your still a machine getting two down before the rest of us get one.

The good news for me is the weather is cooling and I have plans to get out for sure next Sunday and possibly friday and or Saturday night also still not pushing hard and waiting on anything I think is over 135" (which could be a small ten depending on how itchy my finger gets. I got all my calves gathered and can now put some more time into hunting. Checked my camera and was disappointed to only see the light 10 and two does. They have started cutting corn on the other side of me so that should push the big boys back on to me shortly.

I also hope to get an out of state trip in so I can get a doe to contribute to the board

10. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You guys have alot higher standards than I do though... and it will pay off for you in time :D

11. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    im ready,hopeing to get my first deer (hopefully a buck)

12. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Aaron are you tagged out or can you still hunt does?

Congrats on getting us on the board x2 your still a machine

NYbowhunter, Good luck buddy can't wait to hear the story behind your first kill

13. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I get 1 more buck, and 2 more does... or 3 does if I don't take another buck... And I can buy extra doe tags, I've never tagged out before... Probably could have... but I after I get broken in for the season... I usually become picky...lol.

14. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    OK.......think I found my problem with not seeing deer and I hope it has not screwed everything up. Stop down at the small farm I hunt to check a camera, as I am walking down the loggIng trail here comes the lady who owns the 17 acre parcel next to the farm. "Hey Dave, got a minute" She begins to tell me that she has seen this young guy in a green truck parking on her land and heading into the woods. Then she says "You sure are taking libertys with my land allowing others to hunt it" I respond "Mam I would never do that and have not done that, I will find out who it is and run them off".

Soooooooooo, I head back to my truck and drive up to the farm house. Knock knock knock, "hey Dave says Mr. Thomas 20 year old grandson" "Hey dude, is your grandpa here. He replies, "yup". So I go in and ask Mr. Thomas if he gave anyone else permission to hunt. He says no but his grandson pipes up and says " I gave some guy who came to the door 2 weeks ago permission". Grandpa is pissed and goes on to explain to his grandson that "Dave is the only one who hunts here damnit, he is the only one who has respect for the land. Whats this kids number?" Grandson says " Well pop pop I thought it would be ok and told him I am sure Dave would not mind sharing his stands".

This is when I look at his grandson and say "WHAT?" His grandson goes on to explain that he showed him were all my stands are and generally what days I hunt. So, cut to my phone call to this youngman explaining he will meet me at 6pm at the farm we need to have a talk. The kid tells me on the phone it is his 2nd year bowhunting and he has "been busted by many deer in those stands down at the farm and I hope I have not messed up the area". MY reply was "see you at 6pm at the farm son, be prepared to get an education in HUNTING MAN-LAW-VIOLATIONS".

IM PISSED, GOD GIVE ME THE STRENGTH NOT TO GO TRIBAL ON THIS BOYS BUTT !!!

DAVE

15. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Snuck out of work early. Going to sit on the ground close to where I was at opening day.

Hopefully a doe slips up.

16. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow Dave... Wow! Please keep us updated on this!

17. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, that sux man. Your luck will change. I think I'd be more mad at the grandson and that he is the one that needs the lesson. Actually they both need an education good luck with that.

Aaron wow thats awesome you get so many. Here in Colorado we get one deer. I have an either sex tag but am holding out for a decent buck. Thus the hope to get out of state to get a doe which I think is going to happen.

18. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Holy smokes Dave, that would seriously explain a lot! I would love to know how this turns out as well, as the student paying attention to the teacher of course. I would never back door someone like that...just wrong.

Good hunting Scott!

19. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about that Dave, running into a similar issue on my buddy's property that we hunt a lot. Twice now we've found trail cameras and more than once a new stand pops up. Generally we leave a note and its gone right away but still it does foul the woods.

Hopefully this young man appreciates the lesson you teach him.

20. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Heading to the farm, will report back in an hour or so if im not in jail for assault.

Dave