Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    you need to get your dang priorities straitened out, son .... :whip:

2. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats BuckMaster

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

3. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know it man, I know it. But if there is one thing that could rival my addiction to bowhunting whitetails, it would be Cardinal baseball...and add a playoff series deciding game on top of that, and I just can't miss it.

To make up for it, I'll try extra hard to kill a deer Saturday afternoon.

4. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let the carnage begin, way to go Aaron! :rock:

5. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well Aaron? And the verdict is?

I'm on a plane to Texas tomorrow. I have pigs, a rio grand turkey, and some whities on my hit list. I will be in a stand all day Sunday. I fly home Monday afternoon. I may or may not be around a computer, so send "success" text messages...

Tony, will call you tomorrow.

I want to see the photos Aaron!

Dave, the antlers are on the form and the cape has been stitched. It's a matter of letting the mount dry. The 224 incher is coming back to life! I'll shoot some photos next week when I return! He's a beast!

Good hunting everyone!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  6. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I'm so late guys... I'm not a very good skinner... :D Nothing big, but when I seen him I knew I'd be happy with him...

A Spike had come in front of me, just as I had anticipated when I moved my stand this morning.. He worked a rub right in front of me... very cool to watch... At the very same time I could here a deer behind me, stepping with authority.. I was hoping it was he 8 I told you guys about the other day... but none the less, I decided to take this one. He came in Downwind.. 11 yards quartered away, and I smoked him... dang thing ran over 200yds or so... bleeding very sparsely... 2 of my buddies have both lost deer this year with these T3's(one on video) I'm not sure about them... the hole was great, but the trail wasn't... May not even be the head, they deployed upon entry and it did its job, just wish it had bled more, I was starting to worry.

And take note, that I'm wearing my BH.com Champion products... :D Tineaceous!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet, Most excellent. Good move on your part to move that stand. So happy for you. Now we are on the boards, let's keep it rolling.

P.S I did not get a text, feeling a little slided here))))))

Dave

8. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Glad you adjusted .... I have killed more deer by adjusting slightly ... Congrats again, Bro :)

9. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Dave, I don't have your number man... pm it to me

10. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    that might be a mistake .. he thinks he is Brett Favre ... if ya get my meaning ... :busted:

11. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Aaron! Nice to see some bones on the ground!

I'm headed out a couple times this weekend, morning hunt tomorrow and an afternoon hunt Sunday. Weather is supposed to be a little cooler but expecting rain pretty much all weekend. They started havesting corn on my property yesterday, I think this is the earliest I ever remember them harvesting. The last 5 years they have been harvesting around the first week of November, most of the time the prerut is in full swing and sitting in the stand cussing them. With the corn gone I should start seeing more deer in the woods.

12. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Speaking of digits, if you guys want to PM me yours I'll stick you in my phone and keep you in the loop if I get something down. I've got a couple peoples, but not many.

13. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Aaron congrats again man on putting down some bone it must of been the beard.

Will good luck in Texas hope to get a BBD text from ya and it was good talking to you lastnight.

PT when do you get to get some hunting in?

Scott hope the game goes in your favor and that energy transitions to your hunts.

Dave/Gimp when are you planning your next hunt?

I'll be heading to Texas tonight also but not for a hunt like Will. I was supposed to be going on a deer and hog hunt around Turkey Texas but we decided to wean calves so I'm running down to Canyon for their homecoming football game as my GF is a graduate from there and to also assist in one of my least favorite activities ever which is shopping. The good news is she hunts and ranches so we are only going to Western stores and Gander Moutain cause she wants new camo. Her dad is a PSE dealer so I think I better try to hang on to this one. Monday is a holiday and we get that day off so hopefully after we get the calves shipped I can head out to get some hunting in. The wind finally quit blowing and temps have dropped a little with some rain in the forecast for the weekend.

If I haven't exchanged numbers with you yet PM me. I know I have Dave/Gimp, Aaron, Will, Feb, & Reese

14. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm off to hunt in Texas for a very fast weekend (three days). On Saturday, I will be helping three friends harvest two asian water buffalos and a watusi. They're using rifles as a means to fill the freezer. This hunt came about because our annual Bison hunt in Wyoming was canceled. With $1000 burning a hole in their pockets and a need for meat, these lads opted to hunt in Texas.

Early Sunday, I will leave Hondo, Tx. and head for the small town of Wimberley. I will meet up With Frank and Tony Sansalone. These guys are two great buds-I really enjoy hunting with them. Tony will actually be in Colorado in a few weeks to rifle hunt elk with me (since I missed the Archery Season while in OZ). Anyway, Frank has sent me photos of the animals I should be watching and gunning for:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will be on stand all day Sunday. I am also hoping a rio grand turk sticks his head out.

Wimberley is in the "Hill Country" of Texas. The bucks are not the biggest in the world, but I really think this one will do nicely-hope I get a crack at him. That boar is estimated to be around 250 lbs. If push comes to shove, a doe will get it for sure!

Matt, I'm getting a vibe....dude, you're up next!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  15. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    nice job getting us on board Buckmaster! whoooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo!

16. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    8 more sleeps and then I am in the game ... I can't wait ... go get some more points, boys!!

17. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you are right Will, I'm ready to get on the board.

Tony hang in there it's almost time!

Good luck out there this weekend guys, be safe.

18. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The buckmaster just may have motivated me to go out this weekend. It's gonna be in the mid 80's, and I have to wear blaze orange, but screw it!
    I have a couple of spots where I may catch them coming to/from the freshly cut corn, and the wind is right, Bring It!!!!

19. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Fred ... bring it this weekend!:ninja:

20. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tony, I have decided to let you hunt with me........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I need something to shoot at)))) lol

Colby, my next hunt was going to be this evening but got off work late(((((. I will plan for a morning and evening hunt tomm.

Keep the points rolling guys.

Dave/formerly known as the "Broke foot Bowhunter" now known as " PT's older, better looking, sexier, brother" lol:rock: