Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Aaron .. you ARE in the thick of things .. they are VERY patternable right now ...make your adjustments and you will get your shot ... you have about 3 weeks till they break pattern

One week from Saturday, Bro .... One week from Saturday ...

2. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Aaron, is this all on your new lease? If so, sounds like you picked a winner dude!!

3. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Aaron,

Be smart about your move...the deer may notice the change and make a move themselves.

Colby,

It just dawned on me. Do you have a second tag for a doe? If not, we need to talk.

PT, I cannot get through to you on the number I have. PM me your home number.

Isaiah,

Drop the hammer! I want to seen the same carnage as last year!

Dave,

Way to make due buddy! We're going on the score board big time this weekend, I can feel it!

Everyone hunt hard!

4. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Will, you always mess it up ...lol ... age can be a real pain, eh? :D

5. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Colby,

It just dawned on me. Do you have a second tag for a doe? If not, we need to talk.

Wil I do not have a doe tag didn't know it was possible for two tags if you drew a tag. Mine is an either sex whitetail only tag.

Aaron sounds like your on top of it man hope you knock down a wall hanger. Good luck buddy.

6. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    uploadfromtaptalk1317826382472.jpg

Here is the lil bear a couple miles from where I hunt

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

7. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok just got some motivation, a guy I know shot a good buck last night, now I'm really jones'n to get out. I think I'm going to have to go sit in the heat tonight. Hopefully the deer move before dark.

8. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck man Put one down

9. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They came behind me again tonight... I'm moving it tomorrow.

10. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Go for it Aaron!

Colby, what is your November looking like? When you get your buck down, let's go get a doe in S. Dakota! We'll need the points!

11. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last night was pretty much what I expected, too darn hot. I did get to see bones right at last light probably about 100". That was the only deer I saw the whole evening.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  12. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Wil I looked into Texas and Missouri in order to maybe put a doe down for the points since we can't shoot both here. I decided these two places aren't going to work because Texas season ends November 4th and I doubt I travel the 11 hours to Missouri to some family ground that my cousin would let me hunt.

With my job i'm required to take 5 consecutive days off each year plus have loads of vacation time because I hardly take any days off. If I can put a buck down before November I'd be interested in going to South Dakota with you to hunt a doe. I haven't taken my 5 days yet as I usually take them in November to wein calves but we are doing that this weekend and have Monday off for columbus day.

It would be on public ground i'm assuming? What does a non-resident doe tag cost for SD?

Sounds like it would be a blast and something I definetly would try to swing.

13. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck if you hunt with Will, Colby... He's an awesome guy, hope to hunt with him again, only in his neck of the woods next year!

I went and moved my stand to day in the 70+ degree heat... I'm going to hunt it this evening... found another fresh rub, just hope I didn't stink up the area too bad, it was harder and hotter than I was hoping.

14. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    These warm temps mixed with this crazy wind have made it where I just stay away from the deer areas. I really want to get in there and hunt but days like these last three will do more damage than good.

15. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    May have some good news fellas.

I went down to the Cardinal game last night with my banker/long time family friend. After the game we were having a few drinks at a local watering hole and somehow we get on the subject of bowhunting (he does not hunt). I know that his family has a farm in one of the top counties in Illinois for record book bucks, but I have never had permission or have I ever stepped foot on it. So to make a long story short, he granted me permission to hunt on their farm, but he was going to have to check with his brother first, who gun hunts it with several friends every year. I'm hoping that this ends up working out, because this could have the potential to be an unbelievable property.

When I said earlier that this is one of Illinois top counties I was not lying. Even though this would only be about a 30 minute drive from my families land, the comparisons between the 2 can't be made. Anyone who I have ever heard talk about hunting over there says it is a whole different world of hunting there. A close friend of mine was able to hunt 1 morning last season close to my friends farm, and in 4 hours counted TWELVE different bucks, and 26 deer total. The last time I checked, it had the highest deer population per square mile of any county in the state too. It's not as legendary as Pike, Brown, Adams, or Schuyler counties, but it has to be right behind them in terms of trophy potential.

I'll probably see him tomorrow night, and hopefully have a little better idea.

16. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Update on the stolen camera too.

A county officer ended up getting ahold of me and asking me some questions. He was going to contact the owner of the truck that was parked on the property line to if nothing else see if he has had any problems on their side of the fence, or if he had seen anything.

The chances of me ever seeing that camera again are extremely slim.

17. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Easier than a big text now that I'm at the house... But I'm going to eat some dinner and head back out for my deer. I'll keep you posted, here or text...

18. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    From what you said about the shot, I believe you will be smiling behind your buck in no time:woot:

19. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    and it starts ... Team 6 was awoken ,,,, release the The Kraken! :ninja:

20. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    With the thread started earlier this week about us, this couldn't of happened at a better time!

I do have to apologize to the team though.

Game 5 of the Cardinals playoff series will have me in front of the T.V. instead of in my stand. I will be back out there Saturday afternoon.