Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lord willing, I getting up at 4:30 in the morning for my first hunt of the season!! I feel like it's Christmas Eve!! Wish me luck guys!! Good luck to all who is going out!!

2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing but spikers and does for me this weekend. I have a single deer tag in S.D. None of the deer I saw will work for Team 6, yet.

Tony, your phone never works. I will check my messages

3. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a lot going over the weekend and wasn't able to get out. Temps are in the upper 80s the next 3-4 days, not sure I'll even bother to go out until they drop. Looks like temps come down over the weekend so I'll have to try to sneek out a couple times.

Keep at it guys.

4. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the same boat as you with the temps Matt. I can usually hunt most Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, but I would rather save my areas for later in the month, instead of stinking them up in hot weather. I think the early start to the Cardinal game tomorrow and having tickets to Wednesdays game is going to keep me out of a stand until Saturday afternoon.

5. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a few deer, had an enormous doe about a 80 yards away, never got a shot . Only buck was a big spike. Great to be out there again though.

Keep at it guys!

6. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First thirty minutes of my very first hunt I loosed an arrow at a 85-90" 6pnt(didn't see any brow tines) He was right under my stand but never gave me a shot until 30 yards out.. He gave me a very slight quarter and I wish I could bring that arrow back...String hit my sleeve.. I couldn't find blood, nor arrow.. Deer seemed fine when he took off... I don't know what happened, but it happens i guess... Back at it this evening, with a little more caution to my shot execution...

7. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We have all been there and done that bro. Just get back in the saddle and hit it again. My next hunt may be wednesday or thursday depending on the weather.

Goodluck to those hunting

Dave

8. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Hang in there Aaron, that is part of hunting, and everyone who bowhunts has either been there or will be eventually.

Good luck this afternoon!

Still no word from the game warden on the stolen camera. I know it's probably gone forever, but I had to at least report it.

9. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    I almost did forget that the big 9 pointer did get another picture taken. I've started calling him Holly. As far as I know, he is the biggest buck living on our farm this season. Come November though, there will be more out there that will challenge this dude hopefully.

[​IMG]

Buddy also showed himself for many more pictures. I almost hope he doesn't walk in front of me, because I just can't make up my mind if I want to kill him or not.

10. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went out in the wind and rain this evening... saw a spike and a doe... was going to shoot the doe.. but just like this morning, she would never get broadside... and this is a completely different location... All in all, an exciting first day of the season... but I got in just in time... It sounds like my house is going to blow over...

11. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are keeping me on my seat....

KEEP HUNTING HARD!

I forgot to add, the deer I found officially scored 224 net B&C inches. It will qualify if I elect to enter this amazing rack.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  12. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The only way you can net any inches is with something found dead! (that's what your wife says anyway!!) :D

13. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    You don't even want to know what your wife says, Shorty.

I am having the deer mounted. He's way too good of a deer not to bring him back to life. I want people to see what a very impressive mule deer looks like. He his truly a one in a million buck.

14. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will 224 hmm wish he could have grown up before he died thats sad.

I'll be heading out for an evening hunt this afternoon after work. Got the antelope bagged and at the processor so its time for deer I still plan on being real picky until after the rut so unless 135" or bigger comes in they are walking. I've got a lot of pictures of a light ten point but he is probably barely 120" so I don't want to shoot him yet. I've seen lots of does and lots of little bucks while scouting. The big boys seem to not come out until after dark and with corn still on both sides of the river I won't see many big boys until its cut but the good news is they should be harvesting the corn soon.

In other news a guy just a couple miles down river from me got a bear on his game cam which is odd for around here and I got a few pictures of a cow elk and her baby on mine which is odd for down here too.

15. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yep hot this week but will be out on sat

16. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I want good pictures of that mount when it is done Will. Sooooooooooooooooo, lastnight I was out in the garage packing my stuff up for a possible hunt tonight. Had my bow sitting on the bench and did not realize that the waist tie strap from my coat snagged the bow, needless to say I start to walk away and the bow hits the concrete floor. "Bang".....I stand there for a second thinking "@#$%".

Pick up the bow and the housing for my sight is cracked.....ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. So today at lunch I went and purchased a Trophy Ridge Punisher 5 pin. Just got done resighting in my bow, not the best sight but it will get me through the next week or so until I order something better. Thinking of hitting the woods tomm. evening after work depending on the weather.

Goodluck to those hunting.

Dave

Be safe, Hunt hard

17. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What a drag, Dave. Stop breaking stuff!!

Good luck out there gang, I give you, the lucky dancing banana :nana:

18. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    went out this evening, there were already two small bucks in the field... I watched them and waited them out until they went in a small woodlot. Got settled into my stand, windy yet again today, but not as bad as yesterday, I just chilled until 7pm, I could here very faint, cautious, steps behind me. Bare in mind It's super thick behind me, I hunt the opening in front of me which is full of young white pines, various weeds, briar bushes, and broom sage.

Finally, I catch a glimpse of movement about 10 yards down into this mess, and I seen bone... probably 100" or so 8pt. I was praying so hard that he would step out into the "field" and he made the turn and headed right beside me, just before he get to the field, he turned back left and kept going through the thicket, I was bummed... I thought it was going to happen, biggest deer Ive ever had in bow range, and 10 yards at that.

But, I know I'm moving my stand back into the thicket about 20 yards, which will eliminate my shots to the field, but %75 of the deer come from behind me.

All in all, 2 sits Ive seen 4 different bucks... 2 shooters(for me) Not a bad start!

19. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    You are in the thick of things Aaron. Stay after them, and one of those bucks is going to slip up!

20. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    october 15 cant come any sooner ,im dying here just waiting!:cry: