Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll confirm it in the morning... but it looks like the corn is down behind my house... Just in time!!

2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Get em boys! Fred and Scott, nail a couple of brutes!

PT, call me. I'm off to S. Dakota tomorrow for a weekend hunt. Phone early. I want to discuss a secret weapon with you. It's something I hope I can distribute to the entire team. I want your thoughts on the matter.

3. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Now WIll

That wouldn't have anything to do with being in a little bottle and be liquid & stinky would it?
    Funny Guy Will
    Rockolla

4. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    PT, quit your whining about people whining)))) I will get you sme cheese to go with that...................better yet some backstraps. Just messing with you Tony()()()()(). Off to the woods.

Dave/Gimp

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Will ... not sure how early is too early to call ... so I will try in a few minutes

Dave, quit yer whining about me whining about guys whining :D Now KILL sumpin!!!

6. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    0600............large body deer past to left of my stand at about 15 yards, to darn dark to see what is was "Buck/Doe".
    0830........dog from next farm over came running through(((( guess I will have to say something to them, that is three times I have seen that dog in the woods. After the dog incident I decided heck with it and called it an early morning. I did take the time to adjust one of my stands..moved it 50 yards closer to the small creek.

Dave/Gimp

7. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dave/Gimp I gotta a cure for that dog if you need some advice. S.S.S. You won't have to worry about him again.

Go get em boys I've got my alarm set for 4:30 a.m. as I'm going to fill my antelope tag first. I've decided to hunt the morning out of my blind with my bow cause I hate shooting anything but coyotes with a rifle. If I don't get one early with my bow I'll drop a doe goat real quick with my .270 so I can get back to the river for an evening deer hunt but I'm going to be real picky about what I shoot. (I think)

Good luck guys and lets flood the board from here on.

8. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out for evening hunt, Good West wind.

Goodluck to those hunting.

Dave/Gimp

9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Get out there Dave!

Will ... did ya get my message?

10. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to everybody going out this weekend. I was going to but have to work tomorrow. I might try a Sunday morning hunt just to see if I have everything ready.

Clint

11. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same here, it will be monday before I can get out for my first hunt of the season... Good luck to everyone heading out... be safe!

12. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Goodluck everyone hunting. Last night I saw another 3 doe and 4 fawn. I just can not bring my self to shoot a doe with a fawn just yet. Can not seem to get a single doe without a baby in tow. Skipped the morning hunt to get some chores done, will try again this afternoon.

Dave/formerly Gimp

13. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

No Tony, we hunted behind my house. this is the property that i shot my buck on in 2008.

We would have had to go down to the property owner to get you writen permission but you never came back.
    pluse that was my Annv. and i had to take the little misses out to dinner that night.

Whiles its been over 2 years since i killed a buck with my bow

14. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    wind is blowing steady pretty good here. The woods I hunt are down in a valley, hopefully it will not be as bad. Going to drag my sorry butt to the woods soon. Goodluck to those hunting.

Dave/Forget the gimp

15. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You weren't ****ting me! Outstanding Muley there Will. Wow!!!!!!!!

16. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Those Bucks last fall really did their job)))). I have seen so many doe with fawns and most with twins. Tonight at 5:30pm I had a doe with two fawns come in, mill around then head off to my left. At 6:05pm here comes another doe with three fawns, they also milled around for a few then headed off to my left. Then at 6:20pm I catch another doe with two more fawns, they come in off my right and stop about 15 yards behind me. Momma is a little nervous so she starts back tracking but turns left and they end up in front of me at 15 yards. They did the same thing as the other two groups.

Man, I have never seen a year like this one. Every single doe has a fawn with them. At this time of the season I do not see the need to pop a doe with babies. I have decided that in the next week or so all bets are off....................the fawns better learn their life skills fast)))))

Dave

17. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Felt good to get out tonight. I saw 2 does at 60 yards around 6:30, but they never came closer for a shot.

Pulled the cards out of my cameras today, only to find one of my Cuddebacks was stolen. The neighbors have about a 30 acre parcel they lease out. I got a license plate number off the truck parked at the property line, and plan on calling the game warden, and landowner tomorrow.

18. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This morning was close.

Drew on a doe at first light, but could not see through my peep good enough. Around 8:15, I heard a deer blowing, but the wind was in my favor so I was confused??? A short time later 2 does and a 130ish 8 pointer started heading my direction at a fast pace. I drew, trying to find a window to make a shot on the buck, but I just couldn't find a clear opening with how fast they were moving. Not seconds later a coyote appeared from the same direction the deer had came from. I drew on him, but he busted me and took off. About a minute later I saw a doe headed my way, she closed within 20 yards, but caught my entry trail and got nervous. Just a short time later, another doe came in behind me and got to within 30 yards in the brush, but the wind swirled and the gig was up.

Back after it tonight. Depending on where the combine is running, I may hunt a freshly cut corn field.

19. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't make it out this weekend but did see a 170-180 inch typical on the neighbors place. It got me fired up a little. It's been a couple of years since I've seen anything that big.

20. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't what I'd do if I saw something that big... Hope you can get on him.