Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will,
    Awesome find on the muley buck!

Tell Paul congrats! I'll forever remember standing beside Paul last year when I heard my first bugle then saw my first bull elk. Paul ended up sneaking in a shot that caught a tree...even 20 minutes later he still had the shakes...ahhh, gotta love those elk!

2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Matt, and I will make sure Paul gets your message...

Hey, let's hear about your elk hunting adventure! And let us see the pics too!

I have decided to set up the big elk camp again next year. No way I'll miss two archery elk seasons in a row. Heed the notice Team 6! If you cannot make the pronghorn hunt and/or would prefer hunting elk/mule deer, then put this one on your 2012 schedule. We'll hunt an OTC area the last week of Colorado's archery season. This is the time when the elk are historically in prime rut. It's a hoot as anyone who has been there will attest.

3. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will, I and a buddy that is here on the site would be interested in elk camp. Looks like that would be roughly 9/16-9/23, already put it on my work calander. The OTC tags, are they truely over the counter or do you have to apply in the spring?

4. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will Congratulations to your buddy Paul on his Doe.

I might be very interested in an archery Elk hunt and share camp with you. I have lots of time off I have saved over the years that the boss man wants me to start using some of it. I wanted to go this year but the guy I was going with had one of his workers injured so we had to cancel the trip. I've been Elk hunting for 6-7 years but its all been rifle and I've never taken a shot. We always hunted in Units 68 and 79. I'd much rather go archery season. I've been saving money to buy panniers and other gear so I can take my own horses.

3 more days and its game one. Went scouting lastnight and watched about twenty deer come out and feed on some cut corn and alfalfa fields. Only one good buck but I know there are a few more I wasn't seeing as I've seen them before.

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    17 more days ... :sad:

6. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fellas,
    As you all know by now - there's no bluffing with Will...you need to really consider his awesome invites for next season! It's your chance - you will not find a better host!

Will's Elk camp is something everyone needs to experience - no doubt you'd enjoy it all - the scenery itself makes the trip. Better start getting your mountain legs in shape!

I'll get some pics and story up soon from this year's Elk hunt...

7. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Dren,

It is a true OTC area for elk. You can walk into a walmart and purchase the tag. The deer, if you are interested in a muley, are by draw only. The first Tuesday of April will be the application deadline. The unit we hunt is 45...

I would love to have everyone here! It would be an honor to share my backyard.

8. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    PT, you have to be going wacko! I have a feeling something HUGE is going down this coming weekend...GO TEAM 6!

9. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry Dren man I missed your question about Colorado's OTC. Yes Will is correct you can literally walk into Walmart and just ask for an elk tag and they print it and give it to you right there simple as pie. If you have never expierenced the Colorado Mountains you are missing out. Unit 45 should be a good unit Wil as it borders alot of the draw only units. I may have to draw for a muley too.

Can't wait for Saturday even though it looks like we are supposed to have a high of 86 then 88 sunday but mornings and evening hunts should be ok. Doubt all day sits would be worth it in that heat.

10. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Another Doe with a baby. Will try again Friday morning.

Dave/Gimp

11. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tell Paul Congrats, I remember him from Kentucky.

And while we are talking about Hunting with Will (good tv show name) Keep us updated on the Antelope Deal, I'm down for some lopes!

12. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Aaron,

You need to apply for a unit 46 tag before March 31st, 2012. I usually apply for a type two ($283) and two type seven tags ($80). With either the type two or seven tag you can then purchase an archery endorsement ($30) which allows you to begin hunting August 15th. We will begin hunting the first Saturday after the 15th. I'll set up a camp there for everyone. Obviously, there's a little more to it, but this is a good start. Would love to have you here.

13. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Dave/Gimp you'll get your shot at a doe soon man its still early. Hope everyone is ready to light up the score board I'm pumped for my saturday and saturday hunt.

14. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm hoping for a nooner at work tomorrow, then it's a 6 hour drive down south for the Illinois opener.
    I can't believe it's that time again, let the madness begin! The forecast looks excellent for this weekend, although the north wind messes up my plans a bit.
    I would be real happy just to smoke a doe (or 2).
    Good luck out there guys, Let's Rock & Roll !!!!!!!!
    Be safe
    Fred

:rock:

15. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    GoodLuck Feb, keep us updated!!

16. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The corn is starting to come out, which kind of screws up my plans for the weekend, but I think I have an idea as to where my Lone Wolf will be hung Saturday afternoon.

17. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It really does suck, Will ... that's why it's hard for me to hear people that are already hunting WHINE about ANYTHING ....:mad:

18. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    C'mon guys ... lets see something to drool over this weekend!

19. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The boys from IL going to work this weekend! Good luck guys, keep us posted.

20. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    15 more days for me!!!!!!!!! im excited as ever ,shooting out to 40 yards within a 4 inch group with the z7 xtreme.