Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about the doe, Dave.

Nothing to report guys. Big mistake going out, as sick as I was, I was miserable.
    Yesterday, hunted about 2 hours in the AM, 2 in the PM. Today it was pouring rain, I stayed in bed. No deer sightings at all.
    Funny thing is, opening morning, getting ready in the cabin at 5AM. There are deer right outside the door blowing at me. So the season hadn't officially started yet, and I'm busted by deer already! LOL

I've got the Opening Weekend Blues!!!! :violin:

2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man, it sounds like we are a bunch of whimpy wankers! I know that's not the case...well ok, maybe PT.

Hang in there boyz. The key to continued success lies in just being there for the opportunities. Do what you can to be in stand. Don't neglect family or health!

Hang tough everyone!

I'm taking the bow out tonight! Mulies beware!

3. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What? Et tu Brute? You da pansy that was whining about being tired! ;) ... man, it's pick on the preacher week I guess :sad:

4. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Went out yesterday morning again, raining and 51, really not that bad in the stand until the first thunderstorm hit. I decided I probably didn't need to be in the tree with lightning and a downpour.

I did see 4 deer, I think one was a decent buck but unfortunately it was so foggy I couldn't tell for sure even through my nocs. It was like a dream world out there, at 30 yards the deer were just silhouettes. Pretty cool actually.

Felt bad for my son, with everything he has going on at school he doesn't get many sits during the year and all 3 this weekend were washouts... literally.

5. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    LOL...I know, I know Tony. I was working on getting a smile from you today.

Bummer Matt, but the setting, as you described it, sounded really cool. Wishing you and your son the best!

6. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When is everyone getting back out to to put some deer down? This waiting until the 1st is killing me and I won't be hunting opening morning because I'll be antelope hunting. Kind of putting alot of my eggs in the rut basket as I'll be hunting every day for a week once the rut kicks in unless a bruiser comes by earlier.

7. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My release blew up on me today while shooting. Ended up punching myself in the face while drawing my bow back lol.

Not really sure what happened, I just heard a loud TWANG and then felt my first come flying back.

Before that though, I had the new z7 spitting excellent groups out to 50 yards. As soon as I get my new release back in, I'll get back to shooting every day.

11 more days for me. It looks like most of the bean will already be turning, which is bad for early season hunting. Our farm doesn't have a lot of oak trees, and that is what the deer are usually focusing on once the beans turn. All of the rain over the last week has kept my uncle out of the fields, so all 90 acres of corn is still up.

8. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Scott, what kind of release did you have before?

9. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    I was using a Scott Sabretooth. I think I've had it for almost 4 years, and before today I loved it.

10. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
  11. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that sucks Scott. Especially since I use the same release!

Here's a little video of my little slice of heaven in Wisconsin. Let me know if this link doesn't work. I haven't killed a deer there yet, but I still love it!
    http://vimeo.com/29299345

12. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    The link worked well Fred. Your place looks like a mighty fine killing field...more of a bedding area. Are there ag fields nearby?

Scott, say the word and I'll overnight that extra release to you. That particular Scott release has been a tried and test release over the years (at least for me). I always take two wherever I go. I have never had one fail and the two I have are well over 20 years old-they've taken hundreds of thousands of shots each.

13. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Scott sorry to hear about your release glad it didn't hurt ya to bad.

Huck sounds like a nice place to hunt. Your lucky you live in the pretty part of Colorado.

If any of you have text me and I didn't respond I appologize however I lost my phone yesterday and will try to go get a new one today. Didn't realize how much I rely on that stupid thing until I lost it. I remember before we even had cell phones and got by just fine now it seems like I'm lost.

14. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    sorry to hear about you taking one to the face homeboy! hang in there! i have a feeling you are gonna stick a big one this yr!

15. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry Scott, been there done that. Had a D loop break a couple years ago, left a pretty good mark.

Here are a couple picks of a decent buck that has been hanging around alot on my place. Most of the pics I have are daylight of him.

CDY_0041.jpg CDY_0053.jpg

16. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Dren looks like a good buck. What do you think he will score?

17. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    He'll probably go 125-130ish, definite shooter this year. No giants on camera this year, kind of disappoiting but I have to say I'm excited to see what is running through the properties during the rut.

18. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Will thanks for wanting to help out, and I really do appreciate the offer. My new release should be in by the end of this week though.

In the meantime I'm borrowing one from a friend at work, just to make sure everything is still in order with the bow.

Matt, that's a nice looking buck you got pics of. Good luck with him.

19. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i wish i didnt have to wait till october 15 to hunt, its killing me!!!!!!!!!!

20. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya nybowhunter. I only have to wait until the first but it seems so far off. I just keep practicing, scouting, and checking my game cams.