Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    1 day, 14 hours, 23 minutes till a$$ in stand!

2. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Buckmaster glad you got some target bucks.

Dren good luck buddy. Again if ya'll will PM your numbers I'd appreciate keeping up dated on how your hunts are going and will send ya mine

3. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same here as Drenman. BTW, My damn foot is killing me, only thing keeping me going is the thought that I finally get to hobble my sorry butt to a treestand in one and half days. I need my alone time bigtime this year.

Come to think of it, PT you need to pop a special prayer my way. Something along the lines of " I do not kill myself hunting with one good foot from a treestand". I have a feeling that I will need all the help I can get this season.

Dave/Gimp

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  4. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Colby-welcome to the greatest team on BH.com.

Aaron-PLEASE shoot any of those bucks. Looks like you have some great potential on that lease. Good luck!

Matt & Dave-I am extremely jealous that you both will be sitting in a stand shortly. Hopefully you have some good news to share after this weekend.

5. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had to go all the way back to page nine to get caught up (I ddin't have time to do it yesterday). Dave, man get better, eh!
    Scott, Claws looks awesome! Colby, welcome to the team! It's nice to have another CO boy here! How about those Bears? I actually got to watch my Broncos have it handed to them! The entire game was televised here.

Rob Swanson has posted a few photos on his facebook page. Have a look. I'm a little slow doing mine...

Colby, it is bloody hot here! Scantly clad women are everywhere! This is paradise for anyone under thirty! I feel like a senior citizen!

I'll keep you guys posted as thiings develope. It up the good work, it sounds like everyone is pushing forward with vigor! Let's stay after it! Go Team 6!

6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You got it, Dave ....

Guys ... when I think of those on our team that didn't lay down a buck but will this year .... MAN we are in good shape! (Even with Dave's foot) ;)

Matt ... keep me posted, Bro ... I am so envious of you and Gimpy ...

Welcome Colby ... lay into the competition for daring to "compete" against us :D

Aaron, you ALREADY have good horn on camera .... I can't wait to see what you put down..

Will!!!! I can't WAIT to see nd hear the story from your trip!!

Clint, if I remember right, this is your "ON" year ...so I'm looking forward to the upcoming pics :)

32 days away before the Preacher will be able to deer hunt ..... y'all pray for me that I don't go nuts by then ..

TINEACIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tony my 130"+ or break standards from last year isn't necessarily my outlook towards this season. I will still try to hold out for a 3.5 year old+, but my encounter with "The Growth Buck" last season at under 10 yards had me kicking myself all summer. It is a buck I wanted and should have killed, but didn't since I felt he was "only" a low to mid-120's animal. This year, if I've got a shot at a buck, and he is one that I would be happy tagging, then I am shooting, regardless of score.

I think you are right about Clint too. If I remember correctly from last year, this should be his kill a buck season.

The key to winning this thing is everyone will have to tag at least 1 deer, and I think if we can get 7 to 8 bucks on the ground then we will all be doing this again next year!

8. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    welcome Colby

getting excited here too guys! i have to say soooooooooooooooooooooo nice having the same team back again!

9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, Scott .. you shoot what will make you happy ,,,, Don't try and keep up with the Jones's ... I KNOW you will lay down a bigger one this year than you're expecting ..

Everyone on the team last year scored at least one ... so I say let's continue that AND add a few more bucks than last year and we will be all but impossible to beat .... and like Isaiah said ... it is AWESOME having the same guys on the team as last year ...

10. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    alright guys here he is on the hit list. on a guys lot just north of me that i dont hunt very often but looks good this yr.
    [​IMG]

11. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Colby
    Sorry guys....been busy, did happen to get out one night for a sit. but it was 90plus in the stand. Texted PT that night, damn deer didnt want to come any closer. Finally have a break in the weather here. Also some interesting news...http://www.kenoradailyminerandnews.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3297214

As some of you guys know there are some big deer inside our town limits.
    And yes I will have access to hunt 3 properties!!! WOOT...as long as they pass it. I just have some concerns regarding some slob hunters, I want them to have a proficency test and or an earn a buck program instilled.
    Thoughts?

12. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Colby.

I'm in a similar boat as Scott this year, last year my standards were pretty high, this year not so much. The first buck that is mature in range will bite it.

You guys are dead on, just put deer on the ground, don't stress the inches. If we all put does on the ground and half or more of us shoot bucks I like our chances of repeating. This coming from the only guy that didn't put a lady down last year.

13. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys thanks for the welcome.

Huck scantly clad women are right up my alley I guess I need to go down under.

Reese sounds like a good hunt.

Isaiaha I can't see your target buck. Maybe its just my computer.

Dren whats your count down now? About 20 hours?

14. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    HOLY CRAP Isaiah! He is a beast!

15. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    1220 minutes til a$$ in stand!

16. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Wow Isaiah no wonder I couldn't see it it needed to take 5 minutes to load that hoss on my screen. Good luck with him he is awesome. I can't believe how wide he is.

17. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you guys can back up my mouth. LOL

Its all in fun hope I dont offend anyone just ruffle some feathers. It makes me hunt harder knowing I have to back up what I say.

18. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You MUST be new ... lol .... keep laying it down, Bro ;)

19. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Can't wait to get a couple of the bucks I've got pics of up on here this weekend. And also a Colorado Barn Kitty.

What kind of score were you guys throwing up last year?

20. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is a slob, Isaiah! Please kill him .... please?Reese ... I like your thoughts .... Matt, lol on the countdown :D