Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The "BODY of WORK" thread.

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by shed, Feb 7, 2011.

1. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking it would be cool to have a thread where each shed hunter posts pix every now and then of their 2011 collection growing! We all post on our individual threads but we don't have a community thread that would make it easy to track and be cool to see what everyone is finding as a whole body of work.

So guys, if you would, please post dates and pix of your body of work as it grows! Thanks guys!

2. Dickie Tunes

Dickie Tunes Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    sounds like a good idea, i kind of like it!!

3. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dead Deer found in Nov.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 Point Shed Found 12-9-10!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 Point Shed Found 1-8-11!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 Point Shed Found 1-13-11!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here they are....First a 5 point shed scoring 64 0/8 inches!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Now for the BIG DAWG......a 6 point shed antler scoring 74 7/8 Total inches or 71 3/8 typical inches!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now to get my butt out there to find the matches to both would be nice! Time will tell. Still saw some packing full racks or halves. Many more to find! Go out and get em all!

Well, Dawg has hit pay dirt again! Woot Woot Here are my finds today and I hope to keep them coming! Will be checking some new ground tomorrow so we will see what it brings me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cool idea Troy... Once I finally find some I will. I am at about 20 hours and only dead deer to show, no sheds yet. I have decent hopes though once all our snow melts off. We have been covered up with at least 6 inches minimum (up to 14 inches) since the beginning of December.

Dawg...

I believe Troy was talking about our "shed pile" not individual pictures.

6. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! hopefully this thread will be full of "growing" shed collections throughout the Winter and Spring.. Lots of pix, stats, #s and other interesting data is encouraged.. :)

7. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    love the idea... now i need to find some sheds.

8. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also think this is a great idea. Just need this snow to melt!!

9. BMoreCrazy

BMoreCrazy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good thread idea! Hopefully I'll have something to contribute shortly, the snow here in MD is almost gone.

10. Outdrdave

Outdrdave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will figure something out and show my growing collection through the season. I am thinking along the lines of a laundry basket with a black sheet inlayed and just take pictures as the basket fills up :) One can only hope I cant see the bottom of the basket by the end of the season!!!!

Best of luck everyone!!

Dave

11. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dawg, awesome stuff! now get us a pic of your current shed 2011 collection growing.. an all inclusive pix of what you have found so far along with all these great photos and bucks you've picked up sheds from.. love it.. Dang that winterkill still makes me cringe that you didnt get that rack!

12. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here is my Feb 8th ... 2011 body of work so far.. below is a pic of my "shed table" ...I have a personal ritual that I adhere to every year. I clean off the table and start piling sheds on it as I find them. It's like a monument in my whitetail room/man cave .. The boys and I enjoy watching it grow through the shed season!

So along with my "table" pic I've included a few shots of the Two bucks that I have found fresh sides from so far..

The first buck is of a buck I really want to get next year. I call him Split 6, he was 4.5 this year and we picked his left side up on Xmas eve. I had him close on the last day of archery season... We have two years of trail cams of him but only 1 shed so far...

The second buck is of a buck I call "45" he was a very nice 2.5 year old this year and will be a strong 3.5 next fall. I doubt I would shoot him if given the chance until he is 4.5

I also have found the cleanest moose shed I have ever found. I love this triple browtined dark chocolate shed. I hope to find the other side. It was in pretty deep snow in a north, luckily it was on top.

Of the 15 whitetail sheds I have found so far, I have 1 that I know is from a 4.5 year old buck. 2 from 3.5 year old bucks, 10 from 2.5 year old bucks and a small set (2) from a 1.5 year old buck. I have only found 2 sets so far from the 15 sheds. Add in the one moose shed I am at 16 so far, the table is starting to look decent!

16 sheds @ 24 hours of shed hunting so far.. (one is absent from pic, I gave it to my mother)

Split 6 shed found approx. 100 yards from trail cam pictured him after the season was over..shake the apple tree and he would show up to clean it up, just like he did the year before after season. "45" buck shed found approx. 200 yards from where I trail cam'd him back in the velvet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  13. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looking good there Troy. Also, that tasco looks to take some pretty good pictures.

14. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I finally got my pix downloaded off of my phone so here are a few more random pix from shedding this season and scouting..

Attached Files:

15. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good job on the sheds Troy. Hopefully I do good on Friday. I'll snap a couple pictures of the pile that night and give you a break down age wise and of sets.

I do have a shed from a trail cam buck. Need to look the sheds over better to see if I have some of the other bucks that roam the farm that I got trail cam pictures of.

Just off the top of my head... out of 27 sheds I've got 2 sets. 3 sets when counting Tyler's sheds and my sheds out of 31 sheds total.

Biggest shed for me so far is 58 5/8. Biggest set is 58 3/8 _ 58 5/8.

Tyler biggest shed is 64.

All 27 sheds that I found are from bucks 3.5 years old and younger.

Tyler has 2 sheds off 4.5 year old bucks. The other 2 sheds are off 2.5 year old bucks.

Tim